45 coaches online • Server time: 20:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2011 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi. My apologies to Lewdgrip. We are scheduled for a Box match and my JAVA is not working at this hotel. Nor is my bitTorrent client, or STEAM, or HIRC. Seems like anything that needs net access other than my browser is not being serviced by this hotel's wifi internet connection. Can they firewall external programs, or am I maybe just missing something in my computer set-up that allows other programs to know the connection is available? Thanks for any help. I have two weeks in this hotel and two weeks to BloodBowl every day. I NEED this.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2011 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I tried Hotel Firewall, but I wasn't very impressed with their room service ... Wink

Seriously though, I feel for you dude. Being on holiday and not being able to play BloodBowl all day, every day ... I mean, you might as well not go on holiday in the first place!! Very Happy

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2011 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Work, obviously. After some looking, seems like some wifi networks don't allow traffic on all ports. (what's a port?) So seems like perhaps just HTTP and therefore internet browser with this hotels wifi. Is there anyway to get the JAVA programs to use this one avai;able port? Does that even make sense? I'm in the U.K. for two weeks. Any network over here I can access that does allow traffic on the JAVA port.

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2011 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

i know some hotels dont like having anything downloaded no matter how small or anything. I was on holiday last year when i asked same question and was told i can browse but under no circumstances download a client,file,game etc.
Have you tried asking them? You never know. May be an answer there or better still may even be a player