38 coaches online • Server time: 13:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Soranar

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2011 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Which team, and players, do you think give you the best value considering their cost?

Since teams are valued through that in blackbox I've realized that some teams definitely get a discount.

Compare the human linos vs the chaos pact linos

Same stats, same cost but very different skill access which decreases their value for similar skills (since normal skills only count for 20k each).

Same for vamps(although honestly they deserve it considering their negatrait). Except for leader you really don't need a double so they seem undercosted for what they give.

For my part, I find Orc team have the most value for their cost. They have the best value BG (at 110k, the trolls is 30k cheaper than most and has access to regen and an apo, making him incredibly good at being hit). Their positionals (black orcs and blitzers) cost 80k each but are probably worth 90 and have all the skill access they really need. Only their linos seem normally costed but you're already fielding 9 players so they're hardly making your team lag behind.
PorkSol

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2011 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Dwarf blocker

70k for AV9, thick skull, block and tackle with strength access.

It's pretty difficult to match that efficiency.
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2011 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Beastman at 60k, not that amazing.

Beastman with 4 skills at 140k, pretty damn good.

With teams I guess it's what's called sweetspots different teams give the best value for your buck at different team values.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2011 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I also feel that orcs are the best value team for the cost. Where you pay for orcs is the slow movement. Fastest player at Ma 6 and only 4 of these. Good coaches can overcome this with positioning, but it is there. Rerolls 60k, so only a bit more than the norm of 50k. And my crappy luck aside (3 dead BoBs, a dead Troll, 2 niggles and a stat break in only 12 games), this team is relatively durable (ignoring Claw).

I think dwarves are a good 2nd place for value. Dwarves suffer from 2 problems: they are a fair bit slower than orcs so positioning is even more crucial, and the cheapest player is 70k. So if they have a really bad game (which I have), it can be a while rebuilding. But as Pork Sol pointed out, they probably have the best Journeyman in the game. You get your money's worth at every position, but it isn't quite the value that orcs are.

I would probably give the nod for best valued player to the Dwarf Blocker. But best valued team I still vote for orcs.

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2011 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Completely forgot about reroll value, here Dwarves certainly dominate
MadTias

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2011 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Amazons. Blodge at 70k for the Linos and at 90k for the Blitzers and Catchers. Extremely efficient team.

On the bash side it's Dorfs, with Block-Tackle-Guard-MB Longbeards at 110k. Just leave that Deathroller alone.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2011 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

The human team as a whole is extremely cost effective until you hit a certain TV.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
jimimothybodles

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2011 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Snotling! only 20k!

what team wouldn't want them?!

Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2011 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like one snotling.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2011 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Imho:

best rookies linemen are ofc dwarves and amazons: no doubt

best value efficiency with skills is for beastmen and marauders: mutations+strenght skill access is insanely good

best value/efficiency piece in the game: gutter runner. A powerful rookie, and suits well for almost any normal skill he can take, while doubles are golden and all stat increases will make them monsters, unless you choose +AV (!?)
gacska

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2011 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

chaos warrior, bull centaur, war dancer, vampire (?!) these are cost effective and I think the best from them is war dancer

Last edited by gacska on Apr 17, 2011 - 01:14; edited 1 time in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2011 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I kinda like Norse linemen. Cheap, cheerful, violent and you don't really care if they die (you know, cos they are going to a place with better beer). What's not to like?

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2011 - 01:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Slann Blitzers Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2011 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

orc bob, goblins.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2011 - 02:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
Slann Blitzers Wink

Rolling Eyes
 Jump to: