70 coaches online • Server time: 23:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: May 01, 2011 - 05:45 Reply with quote Back to top

In this match:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3151849

My chainsaw player kicked back, rolled a 4 (+3=7). The character's AV was 8, and he went prone.

From the CRP (version I have):
A player armed with a chainsaw must attack with it instead of making a block as part of a Block or Blitz Action. When the chainsaw is used to make an attack, roll a D6 instead of the Block dice. On a roll of 2 or more the chainsaw hits the opposing player, but on a roll of 1 it ‘kicks back’ and hits the wielder instead! Make an Armour roll for the player hit by the chainsaw, adding 3 to the score. If the roll beats the victim’s Armour value then the victim is Knocked Down and injured – roll on the Injury table. If the roll fails to beat the victim’s Armour value then the attack has no effect. A player armed with a chainsaw may take a Foul Action, and adds 3 to the Armour roll, but must roll for kick back as described above. A running chainsaw is a dangerous thing to carry around, and so if a player holding a chainsaw is Knocked Down for any reason, the opposing coach is allowed to add 3 to his Armour roll to see if the player was injured. However blocking a player with a chainsaw is equally dangerous, if an opponent knocks himself over when blocking the chainsaw player then add 3 to his Armour roll. This skill may only be used once per turn (i.e. cannot be used with Frenzy or Multiple Block) and if used as part of a Blitz Action, the player cannot continue moving after using it. Casualties caused by a chainsaw player do not count for Star Player points.
Timlagor

Post   Posted: May 01, 2011 - 05:48 Reply with quote Back to top

My version is the same. The critical part is:

On a kickback it "hits" the wielder instead.
Next sentence: roll Armour against the "hit" player and KD if armour breaks.

Nothing I can see to say he should go down automatically on a kickback.