53 coaches online • Server time: 23:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christer

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 10:59
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

This thread is for feedback regarding generic feedback with the new pastel theme.

For example, this could be things that are difficult to navigate to, or theme behaviour that doesn't directly look like a bug. Also, I'd appreciate your thoughts in general on how you feel it's working and if you would consider switching to it.

Thank you for your effort!

Last edited by Christer on Mar 12, 2014 - 09:59; edited 1 time in total
Kinks

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

My messages says the total number of messages I have in my box, rather than the number of unread messages. Not sure if that is intentional or not Smile

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I love the look.

I think we've some work to do on links and information. For instance, no 'Personal', but the rubbish 'Groups' is there*, and having not have 'Did you Know?' on Root for a couple of years now, having it back reminds me how out of date / pointless it is.

I think it seems to be an attempt to make life simpler, and on that score, I reckon it works?

*When [L] moves over, we really could do with making 'Groups' up to date, user friendly and any good.
Grod

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks interesting! Fancy and new, with lots of nice pictures. I will probably switch to it Smile

Oscar Wilde
Christer

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 11:11
FUMBBL Staff

Purplegoo wrote:
we really could do with making 'Groups' up to date, user friendly and any good.

Absolutely, there are a number of pages that will need (and will be) overhauled. However, I can't do everything at once and need to get this theme completed in a generic sense before I start working on redesigning various pages. For example, the overview page needs a face lift.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Roger that, I understand there is a list and only so much time, boss. Not complaining, just saying.

No doubt there is an army of nerds that can chip in with ideas and help, when the time comes. Wink
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like the commented games list back Smile

I used it frequently...might have missed where it was though!

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

\o/ Massive, massive, massive improvement over the default theme. Very Happy

Are the personal menus there? I wouldn't use it without those.

Can a user change the defaults for the parent menu links? e.g. GAME points to game finder and not current games.

Will the first child link be the default? Useful to know for personal menus.

Edit: Are we allowed to have all those images along the bottom?

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

The general looks is nice, but i still prefer the side-bar menus from the plastic distributions.

Having everything at sight makes navigation more comfortable to me, and makes it easier to find things. That said, a Plastic-Pastel would be awesome Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

The font size in the team pages is way too big and messes the info, for my taste

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 11:34
FUMBBL Staff

koadah wrote:
\Will the first child link be the default? Useful to know for personal menus.

Edit: Are we allowed to have all those images along the bottom?

Default links are not necessarily the first one. I just had to put something there to allow browsers without hover mechanics (read smartphones and tablets) ability to switch. In general, having the main link point to the first entry is more consistent and if I change where it points, I'm likely to switch that particular link to be the first.

As for the images at the bottom, take a better look. They're Knut_Rockie's drawings and FUMBBL has an explicit license to use them.

Last edited by Christer on May 11, 2011 - 11:57; edited 1 time in total
zakatan

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

a request: I'd love to see the header menus at any time, that they are fixed on top and only the content scrolls up and down.

This way there would be no need to scroll all the way up after reading forum threads with long posts or checking team matches with a lot of games or the such. Comfortable navigation!

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I really like it and will probably use it, just a shame the personal menu is missing atm.
Garion

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I love it.

I really like the use of Knuts artwork along the footer of every page. Looks great Smile

The colours are more easy on the eyes to than any of the other alternate skinks. Good job Very Happy

Edit: one slight criticism from me would be - On your hompage there could be a slight difference in the colour of the back ground to the colour used on all the tables like - overview, profile, blogs etc... I think if the colour behind it was a shade or two darker it would make the tables stand out a little more, as it is it looks a little bit flat.

However this is only a very very minor detail.

Last edited by Garion on May 11, 2011 - 11:58; edited 1 time in total
Christer

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 11:56
FUMBBL Staff

zakatan wrote:
a request: I'd love to see the header menus at any time, that they are fixed on top and only the content scrolls up and down.

Unlikely to happen. This would be wasteful of screen space for people with limited screen sizes, and simply horrible on smartphones/tablets.

Use your home key to scroll to the top.
 Jump to: