58 coaches online • Server time: 21:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 26, 2011 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings all. I've copied / pasted this directly from a TFF thread I started advertising a tournament myself and Schmee (a tabletop player) will be running in Cambridge (UK) December this year. Any FUMBBLers who fancy a go, please let me know!

Cheers!

Greetings, all! Schmee and I would like to announce the first BB tournament that we will be running together, Cambridge Double Trouble, Cambridge on the 3rd / 4th of December, 2011.

Venue

The Venue will be the Golden Hind pub, 355 Milton Road, Cambridge, CB4 1SP. A map can be found here. The pub is about 3KM from the Cambridge train station, and easily accessible by road, via the A1/M --> A14. There is a decent sized car park to the rear. The bar downstairs serves reasonably priced pub grub, and there is a CO-OP just over the road for bits and pieces.

Accommodation Suggestions

Being quite touristy, Cambridge isn’t short of places to stay. The internet seems full of cheapish B&Bs, and there are two Premier Inns within a short drive of the venue around the north of the suburbs (A14 and A1307).

Rules

Cam Dub - 1

The first twist for Cam Dub (so it has been christened) is that it is to be the first (?) Blood Bowl pairs tournament! At registration on day one, we will split the field down the middle by ability (for want of a better method, we’ll use a coach’s best NAF ranking - although I reserve the right to place an internet newcomer by hand), the higher ranked in one pot, the rest in another. We will then draw a name from each pot, randomly forming the pairs for the rest of the event! If attendees have a strong preference as to who their partner is going to be for the weekend, and there is one from each half (top / bottom 50%), you are welcome to choose for yourselves before time, but we’d encourage anyone without a really strong preference to enter into the random draw, should be fun!

In round one, pairs will be randomly drawn to play against each other, the higher ranked coaches will face off, the others will play, and then the scores will be combined for the pair moving on in the Swiss format. For instance, in the draw, Joemanji is drawn together with Darkson (team TFF), and Pippy with Schmee (team Spencelayh). TFF play Spencelayh in game one, Pippy plays Joe, Schmee plays Darkson, and the below scores are combined for each pair. As the rounds progress, we maintain the top half and the bottom half coaches playing off, so we should have plenty of good, tight games.

The scores for each round are as follows;

Win, 10 points
Tie, 5 points
Loss, 0 points
Both games won in a fixture, 1 bonus point.

Pairs then progress through a 6 game Swiss format, playing another, random pair as close to their score as possible. TD and CAS tie breakers will not be used on a round by round basis, fixtures between pairs on the same number of points are generated randomly. In the event of a tie after 6 games, the winning pair will be determined by combined CAS and TD difference (only spp generating CAS count), TDs scored, CAS scored and then by coin flip.

Cam dub - 2

The second twist for Cam Dub is in team selection.

Coaches may spend 1.1m GC upon their rosters. Stars are allowed, but only after 11 normal players. Wizards and other Inducements are not allowed. We will be using the standard LRB6 / CRP rules, with standard "Resurrection" format additions; no raised players continue in the next game / no FF rolls / no skill rolls carrying over, etc. Teams are identical from one game to the next. IP / the 4 minute rule will not be enforced, however you may use them if both coaches agree. There will be a time limit for games as a whole, so if you play slowly we may have to call a result early, although we hope this won‘t become an issue, there will be plenty of warning!

Upon registration, coaches may give players on their team (although not Stars) only double skills. There will be no Strip ball Wardancers, Guard Longbeards or Block Saurus at Cam Dub! A ‘double’ skill is defined as a skill that player type can only gain via a doubles skill roll in LRB6. For instance, a Black Orc gaining an agility skill, or an Elf a strength skill. No normal or + stat skills will be allowed. The number of skills you may give your team is governed by the following tier system;

Tier one, 3 skills: Wood Elf, Amazon, Chaos Dwarf, Undead, Orc, Dwarf
Tier two, 4 skills: Skaven, Chaos Pact, Norse, Dark Elf, Lizard, Necromantic, Khemri
Tier three, 5 skills: High Elf, Pro Elf, Ogre, Nurgle, Chaos, Slann, Human
Tier four, 7 skills: Underworld, Vampire, Goblin, Halfling

There are no rules on skill duplication, but each player may only be awarded one skill (no stacking). You may not give Stars skills.

Housekeeping

Cam Dub will cost £15 for NAF members, and £20 for non NAF, inclusive of signup. Please send payment to the camdub@hotmail.co.uk Paypal account as a gift.

We will be giving out prizes for all of the usual places and achievements, but the date is shortly after the World Cup, so we've taken this into account and tried to keep costs down wherever possible!

Schedule

Saturday Arrive & Register : 09:00-09:30
Draw : 09:30
Round 1 : 10:00 - 12:30
Lunch : 12:30 - 13:00
Round 2 : 13:00 – 15:30
Round 3 : 15:30 – 18:00

Sunday Arrive for 10:00
Round 4 : 10:00 - 12:30
Lunch : 12:30 – 13:00
Round 5 : 13:00 – 15:30
Round 6 : 15:30 – 18:00
Awards, Wrap up and go home : 18:00 – 18:30

Please bring with you a board, templates, dice, a painted BB team and two copies of your roster.

Really hope to see you there!

Phil & Michael (Goo and Schmee)
phil78

Post   Posted: May 26, 2011 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds awesome but just too far away, especially at that time of year
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 26, 2011 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Yar, I realise it's a bit south for you, Sir. I'll realise it all the more on my way back next Monday from Scotland! Very Happy
blocknroll

Post   Posted: May 26, 2011 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

i'll def come if i can, but only doubles on underworld? so no mutations?
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 26, 2011 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Double trouble!

Yep. Smile

I'll put you on the TFF interested list.
phil78

Post   Posted: May 26, 2011 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

at least you aren't heading home on the sunday
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 26, 2011 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

True!

I put off starting my new job for you, Phil, now fix the draw. Wink
pythrr

Post   Posted: May 26, 2011 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

aw bollocks, i may just have to show up in person for this ...

Post   Posted: May 26, 2011 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

From Canadia?

Cool! Smile
pythrr

Post   Posted: May 26, 2011 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

btw, having no NAF, i am officially rubbish, and thus should bee seeded last

Post   Posted: May 26, 2011 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

no, am based in cam for the next 12 months...

Post   Posted: May 26, 2011 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

\o/

Well, we'd love to have you. I'll put you down as 'interested'.
pythrr

Post   Posted: May 26, 2011 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

yup, as long as nothing gets booked on that weekend by the SO

Post   Posted: May 31, 2011 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Put me down as a maybe. Need to get time off sorted first. Then money second. Wink
Chewie

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2011 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I've sorted the time off work. Will be bringing Flibble too.
 Jump to: