44 coaches online • Server time: 17:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Drokmar

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2011 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

After the Successful return of Dhingo Intiative, another Necromancer has stired.

Pushed by the desire to play still evident in his rotting Corpse, The Replacemnt and the Karseldine Krypt Kickers have returned from thier self imposed exile in the Outback of the Wastes, to once again challenge for control of Regionals in the SWL!

The Announcement from the team only contained the Following 5 words....

We're Back,

Cam, you're Dead!!
Faulcon

Post   Posted: May 27, 2011 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Amid all the ruined clubs, the tattered banners and dented trophies, there remained the shadow of a team. As the Southern Waste League came towards a renaissance, droves of skink fans as devoted to their team as the team had been to them, started surfacing. Unwilling to face the prospect of a league without their team they met together, they combined their resources, and finally they were able to gain admittance for the reborn Slumbering Skink.

Sadly despite the huge numbers of fans they were unable to provide a great deal of wealth and instead became a drag on the club finances. Catering for the hordes left far less wealth than most of the new startup ventures had available with which to recruit and train players but it would be enough. The Skinks were back and they would stay. And with the Skinks the new SWL had regained some of the lost glitter.

It would be enough.
JoeKano

Post   Posted: May 28, 2011 - 07:24 Reply with quote Back to top

The fetid swamps and moors of Skye have brought forth many teams to the SWL and it's fringe. Why have these teams appeared? Boredom a desire to prove themselves, the orcish waaagh? Overpopulation or tue drive to seize new markets? Or were try driven forth by horrors too numerous and vast to contain?

Now comes a new team launching itself at the greatest challenge known. A pact of the ruinous powers of chaos, eXotic minions of those who have fallen under it's sway.

Skye Xotica have come.....

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2011 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

The GFC hit the Southern Wastes League and the entire association was brought to its knees. Despite the huge sucess of the Woodies Reunion Tour all future shows had to be cancelled and the group will not commit to any more gigs in the near future. Was this going to be the end of the Woodies dynasty which started all those seasons ago with the Woodies Double Double?

Fear not!! After the Chaos Gods become tired of their new plaything and disbanded the Woodies Double Revenge their entire playing roster and all rights to the Woodies brand were bought outright by a group of unknown investors. However things are not going to be all smooth sailiing for the new Woodies venture. The Woodsmen had become lazy, relying heavily on their Chaos gifts and with those taken away from them are but a mere shadow of their former selves. The fans have left in droves - many due to the ecconomic downturn but there have been reports of sinisiter accidents befalling those who where seen displaying the blue and white of the Woodies.

So many questions are left to be answered. Can a Blood Bowl team be a viable business venture in this uncertain ecconomic client? Will the Woodies continue to dominate on the field like no other franchise in the history of the SWL. Only time will tell. This is the Story of the Woodies Double Inc........
Morgion

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2011 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys, who's from melb and know of any TT tourni's or alike. Wouldn't mind playing some TT over a few beers and meeting some folk irl.

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2011 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

http://melbourne.bloodbowlleague.com/

We play every third friday at Good Games in the city.
Next game night is this coming friday (June 10th).

JoeKano from SWL runs in-between season comps like Blocktober; we also have the MOBB- an open, play anyone via challenge type league where you can have up to 3 teams per coach and can play at the store, or at any other mutually agreed venue (i.e. at home over beer).

The main meblourne tourney is over the easter weekend so you missed it a while back.
danielcollins

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2011 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

This thread is only for SWL fluff. Thankyou.
Espionage

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2011 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

A chance meeting between the Cabalvision team, and legendary Slumbering Skinks Coach, Faulcon while he was scouting the 0-0 draw between Chaos All Sorts and
Hatted Heroes, had him talking up the Skinks chances of overcoming the obstacles in front of him, and being a suprise contender for the We Fink Wer Orks Conference XXXX.

When asked about the dramatic gains Ltrchl had made in blocking ability after their first game following Wasteland wars Faulcon had this to say:

"I expect ... to be skilling a saurus... Just got a head start on one of them"

And then when asked could his team overcome the financial difficulties that legions of working class fans bought on to the team, and actually win the Conference, he replied among other things with:

" I don't deny the possibility exists".

And then when asked about early contenders Brethren of the Horned Rat and their plan, a hint of a smile came to his face as he replied:

"good, you can keep my season ... company Smile"

Maybe implying that he felt it wouldn't be lonely near the top of the table?

When asked about ClayInfinity's Bedouin Falcons, he replied with only one word:
"Clage"
Thus letting everybody know he was already thinking about how to beat what's looking like the strongest tactic in the conference.

And finally when asked about the importance of his amatures seizing there chances he made it clear their minds were on the job:

"none of them will have a second chance"

While most pundits have already written off the Skinks for this season, it looks like one Coach might be positive he can bring them out of the Slumber...

Full transcript here:

<Random Bystander> faulc is notoriously pessimistic
<Faulcon> good, you can keep my season of misery company Smile
<Faulcon> sometimes I even have cause to be!
<Faulcon> It's not pessimism when you really do have a snowballos chance in hell.
<Faulcon> the western firey hell that is, not the nordic frozen wasteland
<Cabalvision Interviewer> does a natural 6 still mean no melt there?
<Faulcon> it's more like a 3d against block
<Faulcon> needing 3 straight pows
<Faulcon> and that's assuming the other player was able to reroll it against me
<Faulcon> which would give odds of about 1 in 46,656. Sounds about right Smile
<Cabalvision Interviewer> so you admit you do have a chance!
<Faulcon> I don't deny the possibility exists
<Faulcon> Only that it is remote to the point of negligibility
<Cabalvision Interviewer> Faulcon, what are your thoughts on Clay's Dwarves?
<Faulcon> Clage
<Cabalvision Interviewer> ...many skinks
<Faulcon> sadly none of them will have a second chance as zombies

Redgum

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2011 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Having completed their allotment of seven matches Redgum's Ruffians are proud to announce the results from their club award night held earlier this evening.

The Ruffians 3rd B&F for SWL Season XXXX is...
Riagán MagOg
Riagán started the season well with the Ruffians' first ever CAS and first ever TD. He scored 2 TDs, completed a pass and had 54 rushing yards at an average of 7.71 per game.

The Ruffians Runner-up B&F for SWL Season XXXX is...
Cadeyrn MagFoirtchern
Cadeyrn is the Ruffians' inaugural Captain and led from the front all season. He scored 2 TDs, inflicted 2 CAS and completed a pass. He finished the season with 23 rushing yards (3.29 per game) and 32 blocks (4.57 per game)

The Ruffians B&F for SWL Season XXXX is...
Fáelan the Fleet
Fáelan just got better and better as the season wore on. His pace was instrumental in many of the Ruffians' defensive and attacking plays. He completed a pass, inflicted a CAS and scored 4 TDs (of the team's 11). He was the first of the Ruffians to pass both 50 and 100 rushing yards, finishing the season with 104 at an average 14.86 per game, and a best effort of 34 yards in a single game (75 yards and 2 TDs came in his final 3 games).

Mad Drust also received the Best Blocking award for his achievement of 57 blocks in the season (the only Ruffian to have more than 50) at an average of 8.14 per game and a best effort of 11 blocks in a single game.

With a record of 4/2/1 being enough to keep alive a slim hope of Premier League action in XXXXI the Ruffians would like to congratulate the 12 listed players who appeared for them this season and wish their only journeyman (George Viletree) a swift recovery from the broken ribs he sustained in his only match.
Redgum

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2011 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

The Ruffians would like to congratulate Fáelan the Fleet for his third consecutive club B&F award.

His performances in the first three seasons have been fantastic and he reaches his 20 game milestone with 17 TDs (avg: 0.85) and 381 Rushing yards (avg:19.05)

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2012 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL coaching legend, Tomay has outlined his objectives with the Slammers for season XLIII. Once again the primary objective is to finish in the top 4 and remain in the premier division. Last season exceeded expectations by being in the running for the title for such a long period. The secondary objective is to defeat arch rival coach erikekers of the Woodies franchise. Along the way, the Slammers will also match up against bitter rivals LHC and Slumbering Skink to continue the rich history of rivalries with these coaches. Interestingly, the Slammers will also meet Redgum's Ruffians. Redgum has been known for his admiration of Tomay's coaching abilities, so it will be interesting to see if nerves get the better of him for that game.

Tomays SWL record vs 4 of the 5 biggest luckers ever:

Erikekers: 2-3
Barre: 5-2
Faulcon: 3-2-2
Redgum: 1-1

and of course, its always good to bring up his record vs luo (across all divisions):
9-0-3 (including 6 wins in a row!)

Been some memorable matches in there.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2012 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

When religion and Blood Bowl combine, anything can happen.

Following their narrow relagation from the premiership in season XLI, The Brethren withdrew their team from all competitions in order to focus on the Holy period of Rhode-Lent. The team had achied its goals, creating new revenue streams, bringing the Church back into the public eye, and converting many new followers. The conservatives within the council thought the experiment had gone far enough, and while they weren't complaining about the new roof on the temple, they wondered if post-match orgies fuelled by communion wine and accompanied by skinny dipping in the baptism fountain were really an accurate translation of the scriptures.

But during their season off, when the faithful were supposed to be focusing on the glory of the Horned Rat, even the most devout had to admit the passion was missing. Priests were often hearing confessions of followers forsaking worship ceremonies in order to tune into Cabalvision broadcasts of rival teams. While the boyson the pitch had changed the fortunes of the Church, they had also changed it's outlook.

And so old players were called back from missionary work, the younger, fitter altar-rats were excused from cleaning duties in order to practise not falling over while sprinting, and local hero Azock pulled out his old armour, for one more season.

The Brethren were back, because when Religion meets Blood Bowl, anything can happen.
Enigma179

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2012 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

And now, the Extra-Sensory Perception Network, in association with the Southern Wastes League, Cabalvision and the Referee Protection Program, is proud to present to you the Southern Wastes Premiership Plays of the Week!

Us here at ESPN know that you don't always have time to watch all those premiership matches that go on every week, and recording them just means you'll have to sit down and watch all the unexciting bits! So, we have taken the liberty of finding the good parts of every match for you. Every week (read: round) of the SWL Premiership, we will sift through the matches played in the round, and pick out the best moments of them all, before stringing them together in a highlight reel just for you, every week!

And remember; all the revenue from this program goes directly (after due fees and commission of course) to the Referee Protection Program, so stay tuned and remember, your viewing pleasure keeps the Referees of Blood Bowl alive and watchful!

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2012 - 03:15 Reply with quote Back to top

In the close darkness of the taproom Riagán was a familiar huddled figure at the end of the bar. He chose his spot long ago and it was known now to be his. The other dwarfs crowded the benches and stools but rarely beyond the penumbra of his misery.

Young Dwarves would sometimes look over at him with mixed feelings, part wonder that he had ever been a part of the famous Ruffians, part confusion that he was a part of it no longer. The older Dwarves looked less often, and with less kindness. They resented him for the chance he had had that they never would, resented him for throwing that chance away into a swill of ale-jacks and sullen drunkenness.

So Riagán sat apart from the other Dwarves as they cheered and sang, gruff, rasping voices shaking the low ceiling beams and tankard or meaty fists smashed joyously onto the wooden benches. They were celebrating the eve of the Ruffians' opening SWL Premier League match and the tap-room, always small and close and dark, was filled with pipe-weed and sweat; brazen boasts and brave (or foolish) wagers; the smell of sweat and that undefinable something in the air and the crowd that hinted at violence lurking and simmering just beneath the surface.

When the stranger entered he went un-noticed, un-remarked by most. That suited him well enough. He kept his hood high and forward to cover his features. He stooped his shoulders to disguise his height. He moved furtively between pools of shadow and skirted the edge of that maelstrom of Dwarven celebration. Only Riagán watched this stranger as he came closer... until he was standing against the wall only an arm's length away. Only then did Riagán turn and direct the full force of his most surly scowl at this strange visitor.
"What do you think you're doin' here human?" he asked pugnaciously. Beneath the heavy cowl a shadow shifted, an eyebrow rose, and the stranger stood up against the wall to his full height. He pushed the hood back a little and Riagán noted the tuft of ginger hair that crowned his visitor. "I know you don't I?" he grumbled.
"Perhaps," the stranger said. "I know you. I saw you play."
"Yeah," Riagán admitted. "Loads of people did that, but I reckon you were more than just a spectator." The stranger smiled.
"You were younger then, just your fourth game in SWL. You were everywhere. Carrying the ball, blocking... you threw the game changing pass in the second half. A long bomb that opened my defence up and robbed my boys of the win."
"Your defence?"
"I gave you 3 Twahnlow votes that day. You were magnificent!"
"Yeah well... that was the past, and things change."
"Indeed it was, and indeed they do." The stranger glanced about the tap-room and Riagán flashed angrily at the implication.
"You got something to say then best to get it said," Riagán warned. Plenty o' Dwarves in this little room and I doubt any of them would take kindly to the coach of those nasty deadites creeping around."
"Too true," the visitor said with a smile. "Very well. I wanted to know why you retired, and..."
"I never retired," Riagán growled. "They retired me! He retired me. Redgum! I had a play up my sleeve. I'd trained it and trained it til I got it just right. That pass I threw against your corpses. It gave me this idea. I could be like Barik Farblast but without the gun. I taught myself to throw that ball the length of the field. I coulda thrown a ball over a mountain if I'd wanted, but Redgum just laughed. Said we were Dwarves not elves. Said I was wasting my time. Said he was giving my spot to a young bloke who wouldn't waste the teams valuable training time. He put me out... I never bloody retired!" The visitor paused and considered these words while Riagán's anger blew itself out. He was too old now and too drunk to keep that fire kindled.

"Perhaps then you would be interested in a little proposal..." the stranger began. Riagán watched him from beneath guarded brows. "A chance to repay Redgum for his lack of faith."
"Keep talking."
"You see with the rise of those Ruffians it seems my Slammers will be facing them again, and I don't intend to lose. Not again. I could use a man..." Riagán glared and the visitor nodded in apology. "I could use a Dwarf who knows Redgum, who knows the Ruffians, and who knows how I could beat them. I'm hoping that you're that Dwarf."
"Well then," Riagán said as he turned back to the bar. "Seems to me like it's your shout then."

And for the first time in years the former Ruffians' Runner had a grin on his face.
Tomay

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2012 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Did you know...

At this point in time there are 7! Big Guys with block in the SWL (not including mummies or tomb guardians).

Is this becoming a big guys league?

Skye Xotica's Ogre "Tushk'nol the Terrifying" seems to think so, having scored 4 touchdowns in just 15 games!

Jump to: