39 coaches online • Server time: 10:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grod

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2011 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

There seems to be rumours going around that Blood Bowl will get a special re-release edition this year around September, to celebrate its 25th anniversary. Someone blogged about it a while ago, but I don't know who anymore. Meanwhile, here is the rumour mill in overdrive:

http://z2.invisionfree.com/herdstone/index.php?showtopic=21655
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305049
http://www.deathsquadsgame.com/t1378-blood-bowl-rumours
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/371485.page

Anyone heard more?

Oscar Wilde
Corvidius

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2011 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

While i would Love to see a limited edition anniversary copy of the game i think that Mordheim is a more likely prospect as it's part of the canon for Warhammer as opposed to BB which is more an alternate reality Warhammer world. Smile
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2011 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Sadly in that thread on Warseer the guy who was credited with the rumour has already confirmed it's not going to be Bloodbowl or Man O war. Sad

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2011 - 09:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Still could be dungeon bowl. That would make for a sweet self standing box set.
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2011 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm hoping for GorkaMorka (yes, that's not 25 yo nor fantasy, but would still be cool.)

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2011 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Necromunda was good fun. None of Mordheim, Man o War or GorkaMorka are really worth a re-release.

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2011 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Did I hear that they were going to release a new set of human figures as they never released a metal set with all the others in 3rd ed or did I just make that up?

Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2011 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Man'O'War!!... Best game GW made by far... But as it seems that isn't going to be it... meh, don't care Very Happy
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2011 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Kinks wrote:
Did I hear that they were going to release a new set of human figures as they never released a metal set with all the others in 3rd ed or did I just make that up?

Twisted Evil

You just made that up. lol. They did release metal human figures at a later date and they are still available on the GW website.
Corvidius

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2011 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Another consideration would be Warhammer Quest maybe.
Electric_Wizard

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2011 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

All those games came out in the same year? So they would have their 25th anniversary this year (Don't know, wasn't even born back than Very Happy)?

But maybe it would be Blood Bowl. You know, having the PC game, getting those people hooked on, now releasing a TT Version of it.

Whatever it might be, hope it's not just a "Oh look, we took the old game and produced it again, everything is just like... back then!".
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2011 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

The person that released the info said it wasnt a board game though. So that rules out bloodbowl WHQ etc... I dunno what it is and I dont really care because it will definately suck and most likely have space marines with it. Maybe it will be space bloodbowl Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2011 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

omg how could space bloodbowl suck?

Oscar Wilde
Kinks

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2011 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
You just made that up. lol. They did release metal human figures at a later date and they are still available on the GW website.

Damnit, you notice that but no one notices BB wasn't actually first released until 1987...

I always assumed those figures were older they never appeared that good to me. Only seen pics on the net, are they nice in RL?

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2011 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

TheElectricWizard wrote:
All those games came out in the same year? So they would have their 25th anniversary this year (Don't know, wasn't even born back than Very Happy)?

But maybe it would be Blood Bowl. You know, having the PC game, getting those people hooked on, now releasing a TT Version of it.

Whatever it might be, hope it's not just a "Oh look, we took the old game and produced it again, everything is just like... back then!".

you're kidding ... its GW after all.
they will do whatever they want, for reasons no one (not even they themself) understands and whatever reaktion the comunity will give, it will be restricted.
so goodbye to all youre dreams, hopes and ideas.

but i was on an similar trip. at the time Cyanide game was released ... i went to a GW store and asked for a BB-team. Mad

Jump to: