48 coaches online • Server time: 15:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2011 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Mateuszzzzzz wrote:

Btw how is ready to play/unable to drop tv going to be solved?

If you might need to drop TV then you're not "ready to play".

If you forget I suppose you can beg an admin to reset the status. They'll probably get the hump if too many people do it though. Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2011 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

If you forget I suppose you can beg an admin to reset the status. They'll probably get the hump if too many people do it though. Wink

I have allready tried in ranked (pushed ready to play prematurly and missed smack by 10k cash) and was given answer that admins are unable to do that. Admin resolving my ticket even said he did same mistake in 1 of his own team and couldnt do anything about that. That is why i do have some concerns about it. I'em not talking bad will, but mistakes with pressing ready to play prematurly will happen.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2011 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Mateuszzzzzz wrote:
koadah wrote:

I have allready tried in ranked (pushed ready to play prematurly and missed smack by 10k cash) and was given answer that admins are unable to do that. Admin resolving my ticket even said he did same mistake in 1 of his own team and couldnt do anything about that. That is why i do have some concerns about it. I'em not talking bad will, but mistakes with pressing ready to play prematurly will happen.

There is already a penalty system in place for teams that do not trim before the season kicks off, I would suggest this system was just enhanced.
Kinks

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2011 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

"Teams that fail to trim to their cap before the draw for a season may be subject to an adminstration fee."

What does that mean exactly? Fined?

We wouldn't have this problem if we keep teams in check using spiralling expenses instead of trimming TV/TW......

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2011 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Points deduction I guess.

I agree that varied SE levels would be the ideal solution, but I guess that'll probably have to wait until Christer's [L] overhaul.
Timlagor

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2011 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

While I agree that SE should be changed
1) I'm pretty sure we can't do that yet
2) I'd only do it by making them more generous at higher levels
3) Tough teams just don't care so SE won't solve any actual problems that arise. Changing SE can make it easier for squishier teams to advance and develope; there ain't no way it's gonna restrict tough teams.

I note that as a Slann coach:
- I need a deep bench as I do expect to take casualties
- 1750kTV is not enough for a complete roster of rookies (granted that includes all 4 ridiculously expensive blitzers and some RRs).

But mostly I'm against caps cos I don't like 'em Wink [and Inducements work so much better han handicaps did]

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2011 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Any news about caps?
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2011 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Just for clarity, we are only talking about caps for the begining of the season? Or are we suggesting that teams remain in these caps through out the season?
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2011 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is a cap for you to enjoy: Image

Oh and I like SE being different in the different divisions. I don't think we need a cap before we can do that.
Unstoffe

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2011 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, I may be biased 'cos my team is forever yoyo-ing between the top two decisions, but I'm not sure we should be going back to caps just yet.

With inducements in place it's no longer such a big deal to play over 50TV up, you still have a chance of winning. Also playing with several stars and a wizard is cool Smile
It's true that starting in the regionals against a TV180 Chaos team that just missed promotion last season could be nasty in terms of casualties, not sure a cap will help much there though. Back in the day the cap meant you had to fire your stars to keep 11 players, but now - you can just fire a few guys with 1 skill, keep your killer star, and rely on journeymen for a game or two. In other words the cap could encourage people to min-max.

So - I'd say play one more season with no caps, then see how we stand.

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

After a season, assuming you don't promote, do we get a reshuffling of regionals, or do we stay in our own regional?

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Regionals are drawn fresh every season, so don't worry, just blame me if you get a new draw and you don't like it Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I find inducements make the games really competitive.

I'd really have no problem with facing teams 1K TV higher...if you use inducements right, they can be devastating. It's like TV which you overpay for, but allow you to customise your team to face your opponent.

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Unstoffe wrote:
Back in the day the cap meant you had to fire your stars to keep 11 players, but now - you can just fire a few guys with 1 skill, keep your killer star, and rely on journeymen for a game or two. In other words the cap could encourage people to min-max.

Good point. I hate bonzai teams!
(min-max is far too broad a term)

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2011 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Just played ma friendly match and have ma team in post match sequence

Need to know if next season will be any tw cap in conferences to get ma team ready to play

Someone knows something about it?

Most of us have the same question thought
 Jump to: