20 coaches online • Server time: 03:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rooke

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2011 - 07:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings everyone!

Welcome to a second helping of SOUPA, or a first if you didn't get to us the last year. We had a very successful first season, and after life getting in the way a bit, we're ready to kick off season 2! Ideally, we're looking for a group of 8-16 coaches so space is limited. It is a very laid back, casual league that plays a match once a week. The coaches last year were fantastic, and a few of them have already committed to coming back for this year. If you are interested in joining the league, or have any questions as to any specifics of the way it is run, drop me a PM. Ideally I would like to get things underway by July 20th, so the quicker you can contact me, the better.

Hope to see you on the pitch,
-Rooke
Hephi

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2011 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I'm all up for casual tournaments. Are there any specific rules or limitations?
Naru1981

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2011 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Im up for this. Really want to play more league games. Any race restrictions?

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2011 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

The league is open to all races, but they must be rookie teams.
Buliwyf

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2011 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi mate! i'm up for this too! Wink
Kinks

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2011 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

count me in (if there is space)

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2011 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Rooke, what is the decision on fouling this season, and what are the time zones? Will it be TZ limited or open?

Thanks.

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2011 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Interested but would like more details.
tchatter

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2011 - 04:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Interested.
Rooke

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2011 - 05:16 Reply with quote Back to top

For those of you who are not familiar with the league, last season we had a policy that fouling was not allowed. Everything else (weapons, surfing, etc) was fair game. That said, last year about half the coaches liked it that way, half didn't like it so much. Personally, I'd prefer keeping it out, but if there was popular support for it being in I'd let it pass. The reason I took it out was because it is open to all races, and fouling gives the bashy teams an even bigger advantage as they already get the added bonus of playing 'softer' teams. Anyways, off the soapbox, like I said, if there is a large amount of support for having it in, the masses will get what they want.

As for time zones, I am personally based in the central time zone of North America. I will not turn a coach away based on time zone, however, coaches from overseas do need to keep in mind the majority of the coaches will likely be from North America and that's the timezone we need to accomodate to run the league.

If any of you have any further questions, please feel free to PM me (or if you have some suggestions/opinions). I'm around usually 2-3 times a day and will get back to you quickly.

-Rooke
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2011 - 05:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Rooke!

I can say this was a really fun league to play in. The no fouling made for interesting play and strategy at times. I'll be in if I can find the time.

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2011 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds great, I'd love a spot if one is available, I'll keep watch on this thread.
Rooke

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2011 - 05:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Just giving the post a little nudge: There are still spots available at this point for SOUPA season 2. As this is not an admin sanctioned tourney, what benefits are there to joining the league? Well, the winner this year will get the SOUPA bowl trophy mailed to them (Unless you are the team that eliminates me, I'll just mail you a bag filled with my dog's poo). The trophy will be engraved and is yours to keep (let's hope I don't have a coach in Hong Kong or Australia to mail it to). Anyways, I digress. I have a few coaches confirmed and a ton of 'maybes'. I'll be checking for confirmation in a couple of days, and would like to get the season rolling pretty soon. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to PM me.
Rooke

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2011 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, sorry for the short notice, but we're looking for 1 extra coach to join SOUPA. If you have a team in league format that has not played any games yet (or wish to create one) contact me ASAP. This league is open to all races. If you have any questions, again, feel free to PM me as soon as possible.

-Rooke
Rooke

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2011 - 06:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Well folks, that time of year again! SOUPA will be setting up for season 3 before too long, with about 3 weeks left to go. We're setting up for Gibby33's Orc team (Soup Gouging) vs Happy69Gilmour's Dark Elves (House of Payne). The trophy is polished up and will be painted with the victor's team, and the engraver is putting the final touches on the plaque. Best of luck to both coaches!
Now, with season 2 winding down, season 3 will be getting rolling very soon. The rules for joining the league are pretty simple: Any race allowed, but you have to bring a rookie team (unless it was your team from SOUPA last year). To even the playing field up a little, all of the coaches bringing in new teams will get to have some pre-season matches.
SOUPA is a casual league that encourages a friendly atmosphere. The winner gets the SOUPA league trophy mailed to them (wherever they happen to live). The league is based in North America, but coaches from other regions are welcome to play provided they understand that they may have to keep some off hours. If you have any questions or interest in the SOUPA league, please feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to share more details.

-Rooke
 Jump to: