41 coaches online • Server time: 19:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
darkwing2k6

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2011 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

hello folks, this might sound like a strange question but here goes....

i am collecting together a full roster for my human team so that i can cover any squad permutation (just because i want to, and you never know when the next 16 man squad of linos tournament might begin). yeah i know im a touch tapped in the head Wink

so that got me thinking on how squad numbers are allocated in the tabletop environment? can i number my guys 1 to 27 or do i need to repaint/re-number them for each tournament?

any thoughts on this appreciated

cheers
john
Keith-Lemon

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2011 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I like to use these CLICK and you can only number 1-16 unless you have a roster with 1-27 on it Smile

the numbers in the link are good because if you want to change the number for a player you can just take of the rim of the bace and glue the new number on.
darkwing2k6

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2011 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

thx for the link keith, i think i'll get them regardless of 1-16 or 1-27 squad numbers Smile
duttydave

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2011 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

You can number them anyway you like. However, it's nice to make clear which numbered player corresponds to which number on the roster.

Hope that's helpful.
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2011 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

What about finding bit of metal that look like paper i.d. tags (like a marathon runner would wear). Paint them white and number them 1-16. Then, when you've decided on the players that will comprise your roster, stick them on the figurines with some tacking putty. Then you can easily pull them back off and stick them on other players as your lineup changes.

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2011 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Make tiny numbered armbands that you can fasten/unfasten. Like captains armbands in football Razz

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2011 - 01:32 Reply with quote Back to top

What about just numbering them however you want and changing the roster acordingly. So instead of 1 to 16, the roster has the numbers your using. That way you could use any number. And if your going to do this, then you don't have to limit yourself to 1 to 27 either. As long as you never have a roster of over 16 players your not breaking the rules.
darkwing2k6

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2011 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

@The Gracchi, thats pretty much what i intended to do just wasn't sure if there was any rules regarding the numbering of players. Was planning to run it like a soccer team and build up some fluff for the team to make it a little bit more interesting when i eventually get accepted into my local TT league.
 Jump to: