57 coaches online • Server time: 13:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should there be an article about the use of "replay" mode?
Yes
72%
 72%  [ 13 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Absolutely not.......it's my best kept secret!
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
Pie!
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 18

icesmooth

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2011 - 07:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I wanted to get the forum's thoughts on a tactics article that I have been kicking around for awhile. What do you think about an article based on using the "replay" mode to scout opposing coaches and teams for tournament play. I personally have found it very helpful and think the article could be very helpful to the FUMBBL community.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2011 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

If the replayer would only work faster so that I could watch the replays faster....
pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2011 - 08:07 Reply with quote Back to top

An article on "how to use the new Clawpomb without being an antisocial idiot" would be welcome. Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2011 - 08:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Writing an article about replays while replays are down isnt the best: seems the wrong timing to do it Wink
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2011 - 08:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Replays older than 2 days still work right.

Article sounds interesting. Smile

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2011 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Give us more of a clue about what would be in this article. Because I'm not sure where you are coming from?

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2011 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Speaking of replays and GLN, maybe people could send in special plays, or one-in-a-million moves (with link to replay), it's always fun watching a treeman successfully throw a longbomb, an ogre sniping some valuable player with a snotling, or a goblin killing something with 3 dice uphill.

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2011 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I like that! Maybe if people submitted plays to the GLN and someone more mathematically minded calculated the odds of success on them and we got to see maybe the top three? You'd imagine with the amount of games played we should be in the 0.05% success rate fairly regularly! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2011 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Cribbleobblepie wrote:
I like that! Maybe if people submitted plays to the GLN and someone more mathematically minded calculated the odds of success on them and we got to see maybe the top three? You'd imagine with the amount of games played we should be in the 0.05% success rate fairly regularly! Very Happy

+1

I wouldn't do a ranking though. Seeing elves pulling of some very unlikely action (including tons of dodges) is much less fun than watching a longbeard doing only half of the same stuff. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2011 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

icesmooth wrote:
I wanted to get the forum's thoughts on a tactics article that I have been kicking around for awhile. What do you think about an article based on using the "replay" mode to scout opposing coaches and teams for tournament play. I personally have found it very helpful and think the article could be very helpful to the FUMBBL community.

If you want to write such thing, then do it regardless of what people will say in this thread. Most ideas and content are approved and go into the GLN. If people like your idea, read and comment on it in the next GLN issue and you think it is a success then I doubt any current GLN staff members will say no.

So if you want to contribute to GLN send a message to Ro or go and hang around the GLNR channel.
icesmooth

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2011 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

My initial idea is to use some examples from my current Black Cup run (assuming my opponents are okay with a tactical discussion of their play). A good example is the game I had against Vicius's Sexy Ogrez II. I watched every replay that I could (I don't have the old client installed on my new laptop) of the Ogres against Elves. Specifically I wanted to take screen shots of a few set ups the Ogres used and what was eventually used in our game.

I based my inducement choices off what I beleived Vicius would do particularly with his defensive set up.

Also I would use some general, more of a broad stroke approach to noticing how the opponent generally plays against specific races.

This is only an idea, and assuredly will take some time to develop.

Suggestions are welcome.

And I agree, amazing plays would be a cool addition to the GLN
 Jump to: