43 coaches online • Server time: 00:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
wolfspyda

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2011 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I know that this is in the wrong spot, but can someone tell me if its possible to get the black block dice on the front page. I think they are awesome.
Qaz

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2011 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Its is the right place to post but I think the dice on the front only exists in 3d

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Fela

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2011 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

wolfspyda wrote:
I know that this is in the wrong spot, but can someone tell me if its possible to get the black block dice on the front page. I think they are awesome.

As in the real items?

With prototyping it should be possible to create any kind of die these days.
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2011 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe fummbl could do a run and create these dice and get a small revenue on it for running the site.

Chessex are doing custom dice
http://chessex.com/Dice/Custom_Dice_Home.htm
wolfspyda

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2011 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

they seriously look real though. surely they aren't fake. might have to get some custom made then. anyone else interested
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2011 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Lakrillo wrote:
Maybe fummbl could do a run and create these dice and get a small revenue on it for running the site.

Chessex are doing custom dice
http://chessex.com/Dice/Custom_Dice_Home.htm

So, if 100 dice were ordered, they would be 3.60 each. Am I reading that pricing structure correctly?

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2011 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I have had custom normal and block dice made from a UK venue and it is relatively simple, especially once you have the designs.

When I got the Star Bowl block dice made they cost £1.80 each but that was for 201, the more you order the cheaper they get per die.

I think you would need to contact a company such as Chessex as the dice on the front page have several different colours so would be trickier as the standard ones are just a single colour. In particular the both down and defender stumbles have 2 colours on a single face which could cost more.

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2011 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

wolfspyda wrote:
they seriously look real though. surely they aren't fake. might have to get some custom made then. anyone else interested

It's amazing, this digital technology lark.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2011 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Funny enough, I had someone else asking about getting these dice done as well. If there is enough interest, the price is reasonable, and I can ensure getting the investment capitol back, I would happy to clean up the artwork to get the dice done and give all the proceeds to Christer/Kalimar as they see fit. I sent an email to them about this a week or so ago, and am awaiting an answer to see if it is ok, as I did the dice for them and consider it their property to allow or not allow to be made into real dice.

I think a run of 300 dice (3 to a set, 100 sets) is reasonable. What would be the cost for those that have experience with this? I would do all the art in single colour, white on black.

I would love to see some 'real' FUMBBL dice.
wolfspyda

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2011 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

well the NAF gives you a set of Block dice with there $10US annual membership. However i was just reading that they dont sell them individually, due to limited numbers. i for one would purchase 1 set of dice and be happy to pay $10US and let the proceeds go to the website. However a limited number of 100 sets honestly may not be enough. I can think of 6 guys here in AUS that would buy them straight away.

Full credit to WhatBall for the design of those dice mate they are awesome.
Kinks

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2011 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think the site would be allowed to commission them. I think someone would have to do it as an individual and then, if they wished, donate the proceeds to the site.

Put me down for a set Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2011 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I would love a set too.
Very Nice design
phil78

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2011 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love a set as well, but the whole topic reminds me that my fumbbl t-shirt is looking a bit the worse for wear and it'd be fantastic if there was a chance to get a new one
Keith-Lemon

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2011 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I would love a set put me down Smile
Qaz

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2011 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

phil78 wrote:
I'd love a set as well, but the whole topic reminds me that my fumbbl t-shirt is looking a bit the worse for wear and it'd be fantastic if there was a chance to get a new one

+1

Thou I thought it was Angie that fixed that one and she's kinda not around at least not under that name. But I guess it could be done any how.

I actually dont wear mine so much any more as to not wear out the last. need it for special occasions.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
 Jump to: