33 coaches online • Server time: 01:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 22, 2003 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

as you may have noticed on the main page i submitted a reoprt of an experimental game i played with my friend online today. for a lack of originality we called it BIGGUYbowl. i was wondering if people would be interested in joining a league if it were set up? i will explain the rules for this experimental game (ipmcg must take credit)

you can have a full roster of players but you can only place 3 guys on the pitch at any one time, one must be a bigguy (i thought about mummies and such creatures but didnt know if they qualify...). the 2 players on the pitch may carry the ball and pass to each other but the player to cross the line must be your big guy(my treeman almost scored 2 TD's today in our game!!!Smile). the play is extremely fast, furious and really really good fun as it places a different perspective on the game (wood elves resorting to blocking to protect their treeman who is dashing for the line!), even big guys who are normally used to staying put and blocking have to run around and exercise!!!

an element of trust would be needed to stop idiots from scoring with woodie catchers but i guess if the match log was submitted then the offending party would not gain credit.

another way in which this was good was the fact that if your bigguy got knocked out you couldnt score!!! also if he got BH or worse you are in a bad way!!!!

just thought about snots and halflings and the fact that they get 2 bigguys and even 3 so what are peoples thoughts on that??

i realise i may get slated and get called an idiot for posting this from certain people but i just play the game to have fun, just like the stunty league is immense fun and i feel that if this league i am proposing is started then it would be equally as much fun if not more fun than the stunty league as it requires a new set of tactics and boneheads will be even more annoying just like take roots Wink

i am just airing the idea to see what people think of it and would it be possible for someone to put up a poll here in this forum asking if anyone is interested in joining a league (competetive or non competetive.... up to the public), yes or no! cos i cant seem to get the poll to work as i want!!!!! Embarassed

thanks for making it this far and i would love to hear your thoughts on the matter!!!
ipmcg

Post   Posted: May 22, 2003 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

BrownRob seems to be leading the charge with quite some determination on this one. I see i get a mention too (yey me!).

It is a really fun way to play (nothing beats a tree man catching a forward pass) and its nice and straightforward compared to full blown BloodBowl.

Rob seems to have ommited a couple of the original rules and i think he's in danger of drawing attention away from the all important BIG GUY!

First off the two extra bods had to be linemen or similar pleb types. I think two Wardancers and a Tree or a Troll and two Troll slayers would be a bit silly. The bods should be but slaves to the main man.

Also, if you lost your big guy to injury or (perish the thought) Death, you had to concede the game because you just can't have big guy without a big guy. However, if your tree takes root you just reload the game.

Think thats about it.

If anybody wishes to challenge my BIG GUY just feel free. I wouldn't be too intimidated, he's pretty pap.
BloodRunners

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2003 - 05:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I like this idea, and I hope that I have not stepped on anyones toes, but I created a league for Big Guy Bowl. League rules are in the group description. The league is open to all teams who have access to a player with the Big Guy Skill. A schecule of games will be provided once we have enuff teams. I'll start with 8, but if demand is high, we will accomodate more.
slackman

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2003 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

mmm..... sounds like i need to let my rat ogre out of his cage...

just curious... there's to be only 3 people on the pitch? so what're we to do when creating this team? 10, your big guy, and as many rrs and ff as you can afford? this certainly leads to fling teams taking an ogre and maxing the rrs (for when your stunties fail picking it up) sounds like a fun idea.... altough a bit silly.... oh well, what else am i gonna do w/ 10 tournament slots

slackman42
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2003 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

well i thought about the rat ogres...

1) have linemen based on the bigguy, meaning that really bad plebs have to go with the RO whereas better plebs would go with treemen and trolls to make up for their bad AG,

2) only allow a limited amount of rerolls to rat ogre teams to compensate for their superiour agility or hike up the price of them

3) allow less linos for rat ogre teams in starting roster...

i dunno. does anyone else have some suggestions for how to even out the teams?

oh btw where is the link to your league page bloodrunners? i cant find it! (probably coz im irish!!!Smile)
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2003 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

yep slackman there are 3 guys on the field at once. makes for good fun all round as you have to have 3 guys on LOS so you have to run back and try to get your ball to the bigguy. i dunno about the rosters. i guess something has to be worked out before the league is set up.

if anyone is interested in joining then PM me altho its unlikely that i can set anything up until september as im at home from uni and i dont have heavenly broadband anymore so i have to make do with using the library and i cant even get to use mirc!!!
bloodrunners if you wanna take over and set up something that would be great and if you want you can spread the word around! we can rival the great anarchist!
if anyone has any questions the PM me!

thanks again and sorry for cluttering the page up!!!
slackman

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2003 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

well, first of all, i think if this is really a league people are interested in, it would be necessary to create NEW teams under the tourney division and only allow games coinciding w/ this leage. meaning, dont bring your team w/ your 150 spps ogre.

as far as actual team balance... well, there are a number of issues to address. some linemen are simply better than others. and what to do about teams that have more than one type of lineman? do i get to use hobgoblins or blockers on the cd team? one of each if i want? also, some big guys quite simply are going to be better than others, making team selection redundant. as the only memebers of your team will be the BG and linemen, you dont have to worry about cost. ogres will dominate, its just that simple. since only 3 can be set up, the WA minotaur and rat ogre are forced to be on the line. this means their use would be all but impossible due to the nature of WA. and would we allow the stunties? i dont see why not, but keep in mind they'd be the only teams who are allowed a backup for their BG (since they can have 2) and while we're at it, whats to keep me from bringing an ogre team, hence allowing me to use rrs on my ogres, while you cannot.

slackman42
Emberglow

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2003 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

how about the fact that every big guy has a disadvantage but if take root is ignored, treemen would get too much benefit. although i admit that it may still be quite challenging attempting to score with a MA2/AG1 player...
 Jump to: