44 coaches online • Server time: 12:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Diddyboy

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2010 - 09:51 Reply with quote Back to top

about blitzers. get one with standfirm, wrestle and stripball. jump him in to you opponents cage and have a laugh. if you surrond you opponent so he cant move out you will get the ball lose next turn. then its catcher time.
Timlagor

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2011 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I missed this first time round but I'm playing FFB now and love these guys.

It's a good article but I'm definitely with nin on the Blitzer/Linefrog question.

I'm surprised none of you have really mentioned this: Slann Blitzers are the *only* player I'd choose to take Guard beofre Block on a single (guard on a double comes when you can of course). This is because his job is to getin the cage and assist: *NOT* to blitz ..though obviously I blitz with the frog in the best position to do so and sometimes that is the blitzer but I have linos with Werestle and Strip Ball (some took SB first! there are 2-3 pushes on a block die and only one sk-pow).

I aim to score early and often, grabbing the ball at every opportunity and taking it straight for the line.
I would not take +AV on anyone; far too many claws about (in the Box) and +MA is just better -I do a ridiculous number of gfi with these guys.

5RR seems a minimum.

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2011 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice article. Slann appear to be a very different team - so I may just have to try them out...

Smile

Paul
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2011 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I've found Slann to be a very fun team with a play style somewhat similar to Vampires (although their methods differ!)

My beta team went on a 12-13 game win streak after reaching about 1300TV on the backs of two +AG upgrades, one to a guard lino and one to a catcher that went on to get dodge, SH, +MA. That catcher could get the ball from anywhere to anywhere it seemed like.

My box Slann team is...struggling, but may have finally found its groove, again at about the 1300-1400 TV mark. This time without any stat-ups but my krox, a catcher and 3 linos have guard. They've put together a 2-game streak and are nearly X-Y-X in the results column. It should be noted though that that team had a string of about 4 games with some epically crappy luck.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2011 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I got a gut feeling that the best lineup for high tv froggs is just 3 blitzers and 3 catchers to fit in extra line fodder that will be inevitable cassed and to get 1 or 2 dps for at least making an effort to hurt the hurters back.. Get a passer catcher and keep him safe in the dugout during defence. You can switch a blitzer out for some superstar ag4 lino with wrestle and stripp since those are gold or a block guard lino... also gold. But players die and the good ones are hard to save.
here is my team.. and they are doing well. But lost a very good krox and a very good lino..
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=642475

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2011 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I've played Slann a chunk more now and I did find that a lack of skilled Blitzers starts to hurt rather badly around 1700-1800TV ..though it may well prove that having the Blitzers hurts more (I suddenly find my team at 2200TV! eep!)

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2011 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

IMO the blitzer is under- and the catcher overrated in your typical Slann tactics manifesto.

I usually aim to have all four blitzers in my Slann team and to prioritize developping those guys and I tend to struggle when I'm missing one or more or when they get taken out early in the match. With MA7 and dodge as first skill they are pretty reliable scorers and burning less rerolls while being more useful than linefrogs.

On the other hand, ST2 means catchers are neither reliable ball carriers nor cage breakers. To be really useful they need doubles and/or stat increases and i'm not a great friend of luck based team building.
Calthor

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2011 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

If I were to write this article today, I agree that my conclusions would be slightly different...
Perhaps I will rewrite the article someday to account for that.
 Jump to: