39 coaches online • Server time: 13:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Smeesh

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2011 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I did´t really useit ot take the skill but it seemed so. what i remember is that i had to klick on it befor the block. But if you know better then write how it was exactly.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2011 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeesh wrote:
I did´t really useit ot take the skill but it seemed so. what i remember is that i had to klick on it befor the block. But if you know better then write how it was exactly.

You certainly had to click PO before blocking in the old client, but was that the rules, or a limitation of the previous client coding?
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2011 - 11:02 Reply with quote Back to top

cbbakke wrote:
koadah wrote:

Are you going to play or are you only here for the claw threads? Wink

Are you just here to look for a fight or did you come to post about the topic? Smile

Maybe koadah is just commenting on someone who has never played on FUMBBL, putting his weight behind rule changes on FUMBBL. Wink
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2011 - 11:06 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
Smeesh wrote:

You certainly had to click PO before blocking in the old client, but was that the rules, or a limitation of the previous client coding?

I didn't use PO much in LRB 4, but my understanding is that while you had to click PO before the block, the skill would not be used if it was not needed. Thus, the effect is the same as choosing to use it after seeing the result of the armor roll.
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2011 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

RandomOracle wrote:
DukeTyrion wrote:
Smeesh wrote:

I didn't use PO much in LRB 4, but my understanding is that while you had to click PO before the block, the skill would not be used if it was not needed. Thus, the effect is the same as choosing to use it after seeing the result of the armor roll.

Yar that is correct.

The ski junkie client had it slightly wrong in this case, though the effect was pretty much as intended.

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2011 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

RandomOracle wrote:
DukeTyrion wrote:
Smeesh wrote:

That's correct, if you had already broken armour you would not pile on. I guess the times you might have a different view of things were limited though, for instance after a second frenzy block you might no longer wish to Pile On, but in the old client if you failed to break armour, you still would.
cbbakke

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2011 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Which edition did the PO add the players strength to the armor roll?

In the end, I still really like the idea of PO working like a foul or PO person having a chance to injure themselves. Both would be big risk which I think fits with the big reward of piling on imo
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2011 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

cbbakke wrote:

LRB 2, I think. If I'm correct, it was changed to an armor reroll in LRB 3.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2011 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

cbbakke wrote:

In the end, I still really like the idea of PO working like a foul or PO person having a chance to injure themselves. Both would be big risk which I think fits with the big reward of piling on imo

That sounds like Dirty Tackle (also BB2), but if you want to change the rules of Blood Bowl, you are in the wrong place.

If you want to change the rules for FUMBBL, shouldn't you at least play some games here?
cbbakke

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2011 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

just giving my opinion on a good idea sure gets a lot of heat. I am not trying to change the rules of the FUMBBL just giving my take. I hope to be playing some games this fall though here.
EmperorZombie

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2011 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

cbbakke wrote:

I like that idea and concept before it. Do you have to declare your wrestling move before you pile on? Smile I want to go with the big elbow Macho man style

yeah, theres the guillotine leg drop, the peoples elbow, get a chair in there and one could possibly Sabu him as well... but that might be more 'stunty' around here.

Rules: you declare a PO on a downed opponent, roll his armor+2 and yours +1, add in fan factor bonus, haha. Let Nuffle sort the rest.
studmandudebro

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2011 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

the counter is dieng then you cant get clawed
cbbakke

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2011 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I want to do RVD's move where he put the chair on the guys face across the ring and then did a spring drop kick from across the ring. No clue what it was called but damn it looked nasty

EmperorZombie wrote:
cbbakke wrote:

I like that idea and concept before it. Do you have to declare your wrestling move before you pile on? Smile I want to go with the big elbow Macho man style

yeah, theres the guillotine leg drop, the peoples elbow, get a chair in there and one could possibly Sabu him as well... but that might be more 'stunty' around here.

Rules: you declare a PO on a downed opponent, roll his armor+2 and yours +1, add in fan factor bonus, haha. Let Nuffle sort the rest.
EmperorZombie

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2011 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

cbbakke wrote:
I want to do RVD's move where he put the chair on the guys face across the ring and then did a spring drop kick from across the ring. No clue what it was called but damn it looked nasty

Haha yeah, he would toss a chair at them, they would catch it, and he would spinning jump kick them through it. Good Times
Sabu would get RVD to hold a chair next to the downed victims head, get a running start and slide kick the chair. Tha has Blood Bowl potential...
Ruiner

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2011 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I like PO as it is.
 Jump to: