33 coaches online • Server time: 11:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ruiner

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2011 - 02:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Also the counter is fend which is a general skill which costs a normal skill for most teams.
Ruiner

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2011 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

With one skill you can counter, Frenzy & PO.
cbbakke

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2011 - 04:16 Reply with quote Back to top

The "fend" argument is pretty weak imo. You are not going to have a team full of fend just for when you play the super basher. Well maybe you will, but I havent seen it yet. Sure you can have fend on a few players, but then they dont get blitzed.
highelfmage

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2011 - 05:00 Reply with quote Back to top

In the box fend is great. So many claw teams. I only take fend Los players
cbbakke

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2011 - 05:19 Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1pip3_rvd-s-best-finishers_shortfilms

it is at about the 30 second mark of this clip. it is so sick. I cant remember what he called it

EmperorZombie wrote:
cbbakke wrote:
I want to do RVD's move where he put the chair on the guys face across the ring and then did a spring drop kick from across the ring. No clue what it was called but damn it looked nasty

Haha yeah, he would toss a chair at them, they would catch it, and he would spinning jump kick them through it. Good Times
Sabu would get RVD to hold a chair next to the downed victims head, get a running start and slide kick the chair. Tha has Blood Bowl potential...
Grod

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2011 - 06:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I still say making Piling On only available for Block actions, not Blitz actions (in the same way as multiple block) would be a very balancing nerf. But making a foul more successful is definitely kind of fun Smile

Oscar Wilde
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2011 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
I still say making Piling On only available for Block actions, not Blitz actions (in the same way as multiple block) would be a very balancing nerf. But making a foul more successful is definitely kind of fun Smile

Nah, that is horrible fluffwise and is a nasty nerf on the hybrid teams.

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2011 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

highelfmage wrote:
In the box fend is great. So many claw teams. I only take fend Los players

Nice idea in theory, but you don't actually have fend on a single player in any of your teams. Why? because there just isn't room for it until your team is over 1600 tv anyway. It is a pretty weak skill on the whole that only a handful of teams can really spam to great effect. Khemri, Amazons, Nose and Dwarves maybe Chaos Dwarves too.

I have created a pro elf team with every intention of spamming Fend across my team to see if it does actually work and is actually possible and so far I have reached a TV of 1400 and I am yet to take it on any of my players because there are just so many other skills that are far far better than it and I dont fancy meeting another elf team that has good skills and get beat just because I took fend en masse.

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2011 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

None of my box team have it yet. As other skills are more important
pythrr

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2011 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

highelfmage wrote:
None of my box team have it yet. As other skills are more important

so you lied.

excellento
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2011 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

lol

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2011 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

cbbakke wrote:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1pip3_rvd-s-best-finishers_shortfilms

it is at about the 30 second mark of this clip. it is so sick. I cant remember what he called it

VanDaminator.

It rocked.

__Synn
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2011 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

incidentally, on the 'fend' argument, take a look at WMD's in the box - they generally split their 5th skill between tackle and grab, and so they end up with players who ignore fend anyway. (The 6th skill is the other one of tackle or grab)
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2011 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it was pointed out that the fend defender, fends as much as a Lemming fends off speedily approaching rocks, thus making the argument as mute as it ever was.
cbbakke

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2011 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

The proof is in the pudding. The people saying how great Fend is, dont even take it. That is pretty funny.

As for RVD. VANDAMINATOR!!! I dont know if he could do that move anymore. he is getting up there in age
 Jump to: