34 coaches online • Server time: 11:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Elyoukey

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2011 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

hello,
i have a strange disconnection problem, it seems to happen only when i play on fumbbl, i don't know yet were the problem is, but i will try to investigate and that for, i would need any advice concerning the connection problem that the ffb client could trigger.

The symptom is random disconnections making my adslbox loosing the connection.

i already looked in the forum without success but i may have passed next to the answer so feel free to point it to me if needed.

thanks to anyone who can help.
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2011 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Need more information....

Do you have a router, is it a wireless connection. What lights go off on your router when it drops.

Which OS are you using?
Do you have a firewall, if so which firewall?
Does the problem occur at specfic times?
Are you using any other software while running fumbbl client specifically P2P software.

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2011 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

-Do you have a router, is it a wireless connection. What lights go off on your router when it drops.

Wireless connection, i didn't try the direct rj45 connection yet.
The connection light turns from green to blinking orange when it drops

-Which OS are you using?
Windows Vista
i updated the java version but the problem occured before and after the update

-Do you have a firewall, if so which firewall?
Windows default firewall, also i did set up the box firewall, but removed it to try and see, but the problem persists.

-Does the problem occur at specfic times?
No it is pretty random, whenever i never tried at lunch time

-Are you using any other software while running fumbbl client specifically P2P software.
No, the client is generally the only program running.

thanks for your time.
I am not currently home, so i will not be able to do further testing, but if you can give me a set of points to check it will help me.

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2011 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

If the Broadband/DSL light on the router turns orange and startes blinking that usually means the physical connection has dropped and it is trying to re-authenticate. This is a problem with your Broadband connection rather than anything the fumbbl client is causing.

What you need to determine is whether or not the connection is actually losing Sync or just dropping PPP. You should contact your ISP they will be able to tell you which and will be able to get the problem fixed for you.

also has you broadband speed started to deteriorate since this problem started to occur?

What type of router do you have and is it a fibre connection or a normal adsl (copper line) connection?

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2011 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Normal connection.
But the problem seems to happen only when i play on fumbbl, not when i (completelly legally yes yes) download or upload files. Which make me think that the client do something the ISP or router does not like. ( Maybe some information exchange that the ISP consider being overloading and then autoblocks. )

And furthermore, i cannot triger the problem at will, which make diagnostic and support call difficult.

Connection is normal adsl.

Thanks so far for the elements it will help.

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2011 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

A random idea. I know one case when there was connected both mac os and windows machine to a router. One was with cable and one wireless. There was a malfunction in the router itself which caused it to overheat and reset itself constantly.

This actually sounds a bit like that case. Can't think of any "normal" reason why a java client would make router to reset or lose connection.
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2011 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

When it drops how long do you have to wait before you can reconnect?

If it only takes 2 minutes or less for the router to re-connect then the chances are you are looking at a Dropping PPP issue.

Most residential ADSL connections are expected to drop PPP a number times a week, it will probably be written into your ISP's service level agreement somewhere. This is considered normal behaviour by your ISP (it shouldn’t be but it usually is Grrrrr) and it is unlikely you would even notice these drops when you are browsing or sending emails etc... But you would notice these drops when connected to the fumbbl client, it would likely kick you out the client and you would need to re-join. Same with VPN clients etc...

So I still doubt very much that it is anything client or fumbbl related that is causing this drop in PPP.

The most common causes of drop in PPP is interference on the internal wiring in your house (at least in the UK it is). Most telephone sockets in the UK also still have the 60 Volt bell wire connected to their main socket which is no longer used (which is stupid and pointless) and can also cause interference on the line. So without going on about that too much –

Do you have more than 1 telephone socket in your house?

How many of them are in use?

Is your router connected to the main socket in the house?

Also -

Do a Pathping or trace route to fumbbl.com, if you see a lot of packet loss anywhere then tell me which hop the packet loss appears on.

Finally check your router, find out these statistics from your router's internal page -

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state: Connected
Connection time: 0 days, 03:12:19
Downstream: 7.813 Mbps
Upstream: 448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI: 0/38
Type: PPPoA
Modulation: G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type: Fast
Noise margin (Down/Up): 9.1 dB / 24.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up): 35.5 dB / 19.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up): 19.9 dBm / 12.1 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up): 0 / 202
CRC Events (Down/Up): 91236 / 426
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up): 619777 / 655
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 2173 / 506

if you have any problems doing any of this let me know.

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2011 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Garion, as stated i am not able to do those checks now, but i will do as soon as possible.

I don't think it is directelly related to the client neither, but i think the client triggers something that goes wrongly on the connection. the physical explanation seems to be a good lead.

The copnnection is lost for less than 2 minutes, but it sometimes loose connection several times in a row when i play (this tends to upset my opponents more than a rerolled double skull)

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2011 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Firstly if it upsets your opponent then tell them to stop being so ignorant. It is also written into the rules that you should have at least 2 hours of free time before starting a game Smile

I will probably be on tonight to play my semi final in OBBA so will check back later.

If it is a dropping PPP fault, the best solution to this is to get your ISP to do a Tie Pair Modify Order, alternately they could just do a Lift and Shift, these are both very expensive though so your ISP will not want to do them... so make them Wink

also once this is done they will probably need to do an SNR reset, this is because your sync rate will probably have dropped lower than normal to try and stabalise your line in light of the drops in PPP or connection you are getting. Again your ISP should be able to run tests and get all this information easily.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2011 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

here the answers from my box, not sure it matches all you asked:

1.6 Etat de la connexion :Connecté
1.7 Etat de ligne ADSL :Connecté
1.8 Etat du compte PPP :Connecté

Caractéristiques techniques :
1.14 Atténuation Up (dB) :13,0 dB
1.15 Atténuation Down (dB) :28,5 dB
1.16 Signal bruit Up (dB) :6,3 dB
1.17 Signal bruit Down (dB) :6,7 dB
1.18 Débit maximum possible ligne Up (kb/s) :12892 kb/s
1.19 Débit maximum possible ligne Down (kb/s) :19236 kb/s
1.20 Puissance émise (dBm) :12,8 dBm
1.21 Puissance reçue (dBm) :23,4 dBm

2.1 Etat de ligne ADSL :Connecté
2.2 Etat de la connexion :Connecté
2.4 Synchronisée depuis : 00:38:51
2.5 Etat de la connexion PPP :Connecté
2.6 Etat du compte PPP :Connecté

2.8 Mode d'authentification PPP :Automatique
2.10 Connecté depuis : 00:40:27
2.11 Protocole Internet :PPPoE
2.12 Dernière erreur PPP :ERROR_NONE
2.14 VP/VC :PVC: 8/35
2.15 Mode ADSL :ADSL_2plus
2.16 Encapsulation :LLC
2.17 Datapath :Interleaved

It does not meant a lot to me, but i gues the informations are in those lines.

Last edited by Elyoukey on Nov 08, 2011 - 06:59; edited 1 time in total
Alf115

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2011 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Elyoukey : there are known issues with LiveBox 2 mini. Get yourself a new LiveBox2 (not mini). You will have no more issue there.

My parents had phone and wifi disconnection issues on Livebox 2 mini (no issues on RJ45 though)

De rien Smile

Edit : pour info, c'est un problème d''alimentation qui n'arrive pas à délivrer toute la puissance. Appelle le 1013 (ou le 1014, je sais plus), et demande à cahnger ta box pour une LiveBox2 (la rectangle avec un coin coupé)
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2011 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Funnily I also have a Thomson router, and have noticed that very recently the client has closed a few times for no apparent reason.
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2011 - 01:48 Reply with quote Back to top

okay,

first of all you have only been in Sync for 38 minutes. Do you turn your router off?
If not this means you are dropping Sync. Also if you do turn it of then stop , because line adaptive technology will make your speed drop to try and stop the drops in connection you are actually causing by turning it off and on.

Your speeds seem fine assuming you should be getting about 18 meg. The DB (decibel levels) are fine (6.3 and 6.7) however they are very close together which means you have a stable line but if you get a spike in noise on the line and it increases above 6.7 then you will drop sync for a second or two. To solve this problem you can get the Db increased to 6.3 and 12 which would make your speed slower but give you a more reliable connection. The attenuation is either fine or terrible. It is fine if the values shown (13 and 28 ) are attentuation RATE. But if they are attenuation VARIABLE then this is the cause of your problem and they are way off. Only you ISP will know which they are.

So anyway. What does all this mean?

It means you have a dropping sync problem, possible causes are everytime the phone rings you get a spike in noise on the line causing you to drop connection. Or the SNR on the line is poor and it means the copper line coming into your house could be poor quality or you have a problem with faulty micro filters or extentsion wirring in your house, it could also mean your router is faulty (but probably not).

So what do you do now?

Call your ISP as there is definately a fault do the equipment checks they tell you to do to rule out internal wirring or faulty microfilters. Then if it continues to happen it is a hard fault which they will need to send an engineer out to fix.

In conclusion this is definately not a wireless problem, it is definately not a problem being caused by fummbl or the client, you are just only seeing this occur when using the client. This is a fault with your BB service and if there are no problems with equipment in your house an engineer is needed.

P.S.

Delete all that info from your router in your previous post Smile

Last edited by Garion on Nov 08, 2011 - 09:24; edited 1 time in total
Elyoukey

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2011 - 07:04 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, thanks a lot all of you, i have more than enough informations to sort this out now.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2011 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you considered the possibility that you don't notice losing the connection for a few seconds when you're not playing? The client closes down when losing connection, whereas downloads just pause and continue.

Jump to: