43 coaches online • Server time: 18:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Metadone

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2011 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,

I've been trying a few matches and I can't use any of the shortcuts (to cycle through players, select an action or move players).
Any idea please?
Thanks,

Meta

Edited to clarify - Previous text read "
I've been trying a few matches and I can't use any of the shortcuts to move my players (numpad (with and without numlock) and q,w,e,d,c,x,z,a). The only option I have to move the players is with the mouse which is a PITA.
The other shortcuts like CTRL-S for stand up do work, only the ones for movement don't."

Last edited by Metadone on Nov 07, 2011 - 20:39; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2011 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm not sure have you selected the move action first?

http://fumbbl.com/help:FFBHelp

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2011 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

so select a player with - S
select move - CTRL M
then use the num pad or letters?

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2011 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, selected the move option, the squares around my player get highlighted (including the rolls required if any, i.e. dodge of GFI) but I can't move my players unless I click each case I want to go in with the mouse.
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2011 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure then, it is just as quick with a mouse these days anyway though. You dont have to click each square, you can just move your mouse to the sqaure you want to move to then it will move you the full distance unless dodge rolls are required.

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2011 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Not sure then, it is just as quick with a mouse these days anyway though. You dont have to click each square, you can just move your mouse to the sqaure you want to move to then it will move you the full distance unless dodge rolls are required.

Don't like that option at all for 3 reasons:
- That doesn't work
- The computer as clever as it is can't guess how I want to move there.
- What if I have a change of heart during the move? Spectating any game, I know I'm not the only player who suddenly decide to alter his move midway.
Sorry but the mouse option is not my friend at all.

Need to correct my previous statement as well: no shortcut work, not even S to select a player. Sorry for the misleading info, I did it from memory and my last game was a while back, so I just started a test game to see.

Meta
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2011 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Metadone wrote:
Garion wrote:

Don't like that option at all for 3 reasons:
- That doesn't work
- The computer as clever as it is can't guess how I want to move there.
- What if I have a change of heart during the move? Spectating any game, I know I'm not the only player who suddenly decide to alter his move midway.
Sorry but the mouse option is not my friend at all.

Need to correct my previous statement as well: no shortcut work, not even S to select a player. Sorry for the misleading info, I did it from memory and my last game was a while back, so I just started a test game to see.

Meta

The computer picks the fastest route that doesn't require any rolls. Which means if you have an alternative route, the best you can do is spend the same amount of moves.
Instead of moving randomly, then deciding a new path, just spend a few extra seconds before you move to chose the path. Remember, the computer wont let you auto-move anywhere require rolls (dodge and gfi).

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2011 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes Shraaag is right, only your third point actually makes sense and that can be solved by planning your moves before you start them, which you should do anyway really.

but anyway that's not important, on to solving the problem ...

Are you toggling through the players before selecting them with the keys? Also what happens when you select one with your mouse first, will it let you move them then?

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2011 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Are you toggling through the players before selecting them with the keys?

Also what happens when you select one with your mouse first, will it let you move them then?

The shortcuts do not work, I can only select the players with the mouse, which opens a menu near the player in which I have to click (with the mouse again) the option I want to do.

Tried on a test game and the quick move option you mentioned doesn't work either; I have to move the players case by case.

Meta
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2011 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

u can click square by square with the mouse

why all the mouse hate?

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2011 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Metadone wrote:
Garion wrote:
Are you toggling through the players before selecting them with the keys?

Also what happens when you select one with your mouse first, will it let you move them then?

The shortcuts do not work, I can only select the players with the mouse, which opens a menu near the player in which I have to click (with the mouse again) the option I want to do.

Tried on a test game and the quick move option you mentioned doesn't work either; I have to move the players case by case.

Meta

I'd write to my local MP>
Metadone

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2011 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Pythrr,

Well, I find the mouse very cumbersome and the game doesn't feel fluid at all Smile
I did contact our local MP but the guy didn't understand what I was talking about: I first tried to explain him the concept of BB but I think I lost him with the description of a mino: a walking cow... there ain't no walking cow in West Sussex Smile When I mentioned that I was forced to have a mouse, he advised me to buy a cage or call pest control...
Joke aside, I still welcome any idea to get this sorted, thanks Smile

Meta
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2011 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Buy a new mouse, one that isn't crap?

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2011 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

PS: I'm sure I've seen mino's drinking in pubs in West Sussex....

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2011 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Bump
 Jump to: