39 coaches online • Server time: 19:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
soranos

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2011 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeesh wrote:
Well the combinded Box/Ranked rating should always be displayed. I should be the same for all coaces. It is some orientation help and should be clear to everyone when looking on a players profile. I would be happy to see all other rankings on the statistics page for each player.

Greetings

Smeesh

Zuckerberg is not running Fumbbl (yet). So I don't see the need to be allowed to spy anyone out. If a coach does not want his ranking to be displayed, he should be able to do that.

Anyway, txs Christer. I like how the new design and the addition of time into th graphs make them much more informative and pretty to look at.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2011 - 15:22
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Kelkka wrote:
Very nice, thank you Christer!

Suggestion:
How about making a page which summarizes your rankings in one page?
For example table with 3 colums (ranked, box, overall) and rows for each race separately and over all combined?

that sounds jolly nice. Especailly as all i seem to be able to see is a new, slightly lower, number on my coach page.

A number i do not understand.

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2011 - 15:23
FUMBBL Staff

There's no need for a weighted average. The rankings are calculated separately. For each match that's played, there are 8 rankings that are updated (4 for each coach: total, divisional, total for the race, divsional race).

As for displaying the rankings, I have some things in mind but need the time to implement them. Up until now (and still the case) my main focus has been to get things working at all and doing verifications and possible tweaks of the formula.
King_Ghidra

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2011 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

soranos wrote:
I don't see the need to be allowed to spy anyone out.

I'm intrigued by this comment. Also PGoo and ROracle's similar comments. Without wanting to get into some analogue of a privacy laws debate, why would you want to hide this? I could pose the straw man "So you can get ranked games against people who don't realise how much more skilled you are?" but i'm not sure that's actually the case. Let me think of another one 'Because you don't value the rating and find it needlessly distracting/focusing on wrong things rather than having fun"?

btw I'm not being facetious, I'm genuinely intrigued.

Particularly re the spying comment though, given that every match you have ever played on this site is logged and visible to anyone, down to the choices you made turn by turn and move by move, given that every team you have every created, all of the skill choices, aborted creations and ragequit retirements you have ever performed are also visible to anyone, then isn't focusing on one rather abstract number as though it is a matter of of 'privacy' rather ridiculous?

Last edited by King_Ghidra on Nov 11, 2011 - 15:30; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2011 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok enough of this...my "title" is going down with every change. What, at the end of all this I will be ranked as a Journeyman?
Surprised

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2011 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
. What, at the end of all this I will be ranked as a Journeyman?
Surprised

Lower, lower.
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2011 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a way (place) to see the current figures rather than a chart?

the reason I ask is that I could probably use a group page to show all the the rankings (numerically rather than pictorially).

thanks though I love the number crunching things on the site Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2011 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, could it be that the "at least 5 games played" requirement has also been dropped?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2011 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Ok enough of this...my "title" is going down with every change. What, at the end of all this I will be ranked as a Journeyman?
Surprised

Noob?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2011 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

This is great, my CR keeps changing, but I keep moving up the rankings.

I'm now 2 places above DukeTyrion. My life is complete.

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2011 - 23:37
FUMBBL Staff

I've finally managed to get the new rankings properly set up and recalculated. I'm happy with the current results, and the distributions of coaches at various ranking levels looks healthy.

I am still planning to change the display of these somewhat at some point though. Hopefully this won't take too long, but for some reason UI coding takes considerable time and effort.
Christer

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2011 - 00:04
FUMBBL Staff

Appears I spoke too soon. I found a small bug with the script and am now running it again. By tomorrow morning, things should be back sorted properly Smile
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2011 - 03:53 Reply with quote Back to top

NO!!!!!!! I was 0.05 away from cracking CR160. Now I am a Noob again.

The changes sound cool and all. It just really threw a wrench in my overall hopes and dreams.

Also now I won't know how good my opponents in the Fumbbl Cup will actually be.
How will I know if I beat a very good coach or not?
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2011 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the Black Box ranking has either frozen, been turned off, or isn't used anymore... My CR has been jumping around like a loon for the last week... so I assume it is part of that. Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2011 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Forgive me ignorance, but how do I get to any of the rankings other than my coach ranking? I'd like to see if I'm the worst Slaan coach in the Box, for instance. How do I do that?
 Jump to: