34 coaches online • Server time: 14:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should the usage of the Fanatic be forbidden?
Stop whining; let him spin and roll. I'll get him anyway.
84%
 84%  [ 42 ]
Please; send him to the corner and do not move him.
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Who? Never heard of that. Is it eatable?
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 50

Urrghs

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
I'd say you got pretty unlucky. Firstly lucked out in that you didn't take one in XFL, and then had somebody who refused to play you when you did buy one.

Was not that bad in the XFL. Made it through the first round and then got one....so; was OK then.

Still, now when someone offers a game, I will give a warning Smile. I think this is fair....or maybe putting it into team bio.

Thx for clearing this up.
quixote

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Harvestmouse, is that the official line on skills that are not properly implemented? It makes kick-off return very attractive for one-turning as I believe you can enter the opposition half with the skill at the moment. Perhaps you should reconsider your response.
Urrghs

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Also; the Vampire bug with scoring after failed Blood Lust is also not to exploit, right?
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Urrghs wrote:
Also; the Vampire bug with scoring after failed Blood Lust is also not to exploit, right?

You can score after failed blood lust as long as you have a thrall to bite. I do believe that if you fail and there is no thrall to bite, the vampire jumps off the field before the TD. You might be thinking of the old client's way of handling OFAB.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

By the way I don't see top lists(top scorer etc) since the stats page was changed. Is that still in the new design? Can someone remind me how we change to different designs? Pastel etc.

Last edited by garyt1 on Nov 20, 2011 - 17:05; edited 2 times in total
Urrghs

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

RedFish wrote:
Urrghs wrote:

You can score after failed blood lust as long as you have a thrall to bite. I do believe that if you fail and there is no thrall to bite, the vampire jumps off the field before the TD. You might be thinking of the old client's way of handling OFAB.

Yes, I think you are right...mixed it up with the old client.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

quixote wrote:
Harvestmouse, is that the official line on skills that are not properly implemented? It makes kick-off return very attractive for one-turning as I believe you can enter the opposition half with the skill at the moment. Perhaps you should reconsider your response.

You are confusing bug exploitation and implemented skills. There is no need for me to reconsider anything as I was talking about 1 player soley.

The rules are very clear on exploiting bugs. Perhaps you should reconsider putting words into my mouth?
quixote

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

"So while you can, abuse the hell out of him, and if somebody connects to a game then starts whining, give it a good MUAHUAHUAHUA."

You just called the fanatic an abuse of the rules, then encouraged players to do it. I really don't think I'm putting words into your mouth.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Where did I mention rules in the sentence you qouted? Yes, you are putting words into my mouth.

He isn't playing to BB rules right now, however as I've stated he isn't a bug, and the site and client allow him. So he isn't 'abusing' FUMBBL rules. Please try to understand this, consider him as a 'temporary difference to the official rules'.

So much angst at the moment people!
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Even if a non-implemented skill were a bug, you don't have any choice but to "exploit" the bug in question, except not to take the player, or not to take actions with him. Besides, if you had a MA4/ST7 player and could give him B&C for free, you would do it in a heartbeat, don't lie. So if sometimes you pull off a killer blitz that a normal Fanatic could never muster, that's just a (poor) compensation for losing the ability to smack two or three guys every turn, and to "blitz" on a Move action.

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

quixote wrote:

You just called the fanatic an abuse of the rules, .

He didn't. He meant use the fanatic as much as you want.
Tanglerat

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

While i am not normally very vocal, this has piqued my interest. Alot of people on this site, i won't say all, know about this and thus know what to expect, without there being any major abuse that only a select few can pull off. I am not sure how to convey this message correctly to everyone but i say to myself that it is the "State of the game" situation. I personally can't wait for gobbo's to work out fully but this is by no means game breaking considering the strength of the goblin team in respects to the other's.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

quixote wrote:
"So while you can, abuse the hell out of him, and if somebody connects to a game then starts whining, give it a good MUAHUAHUAHUA."

You just called the fanatic an abuse of the rules, then encouraged players to do it. I really don't think I'm putting words into your mouth.

No he didn't. Learn to read.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
By the way I don't see top lists(top scorer etc) since the stats page was changed. Is that still in the new design? Can someone remind me how we change to different designs? Pastel etc.

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=toplist

On the 'new' theme, there's a link under "FUMBBL" called "Top Lists"

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
quixote wrote:

No he didn't. Learn to read.

Um, he might not have used the exact phrase but the wording and context do give that impression. I'm happy enough using the Fanatic as is and playing against him too. I can see how someone could be surprised by the interpretation that it's cool to use him though. I use a bomber just now even though he's worse than a normal gobbo but i hope that when the skill works he'll be more effective. I think the Fanatic has a different set of advantages and disadvantages just now but they balance out for the most part.

I think the difference between the fanatic/bomber implementation and the Vampire bugs is that the skill doesn't do anything as ball & chain isn't implemented yet whereas blood lust is implemented but does not function as it should. One is the complete lack of a skill whereas the other doesn't work as intended and so is abusing a bug, same with the KoR bug.
 Jump to: