46 coaches online • Server time: 12:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Elyoukey

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2011 - 08:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello,
i tend to be more a tabletop tournament player and i was wondering if there where a possibility to set up a similar tournament. With a specific team budget and a fixed number of skills ?
usually called "110 resurection"
I did not see anything that looked like this here, can any one help me ? (or point me in the right direction )

thanks by advance
Calthor

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2011 - 08:17 Reply with quote Back to top

This is currently not possible, but might be in the (distant?) future.
danielcollins

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2011 - 08:41 Reply with quote Back to top

it's been mentioned as a possibility by christer. we already had non-progressive stuff under the old client, but not the option to add skills. i would imagine it will only be offered in the League division.
Lord_Hereticus

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2011 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

ANd before they do that, I would hope they implement the last 5 skills, so my HMP dwarf runner can actually let rip once in a while and my goblin fanatic can be more than a ST7 roadblock
Reisender

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2011 - 09:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Only way to do it may be the FFB test mode at the moment? You can add skills manually there. But you would need to keep track of the scores yourself and i dont know if you can add more players.
danielcollins

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2011 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Lord_Hereticus wrote:
ANd before they do that, I would hope they implement the last 5 skills, so my HMP dwarf runner can actually let rip once in a while and my goblin fanatic can be more than a ST7 roadblock

i think it's more of a fumbbl thing than a client thing
Reisender

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2011 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Lord_Hereticus wrote:

"they" are kalimar and his (small) crew, volunteers who may have jobs and maybe even wives or kids or even a RL

the other "they" are Christer and the admin team, they dont get paid and work for free for our fun and even they may have real lives, although that is still in debate in the fumbbl community

(the little donate button is there so that christer can pay a part of the running costs of fumbbl, the rest is put in by big c himself (afaik).
Elyoukey

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2011 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

danielcollins wrote:

i think it's more of a fumbbl thing than a client thing

good point, how can a someone like me launch the client without using the fumbbl site ? is there a way to do such thing ?
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2011 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't think it's gonna work. You could probably use BOTOCS.

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2012 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

If this was to be done it would be the fulfilling of my greatest wish i the context of bb. Just to let anyone able of doing it know. Smile
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2012 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Its on the league wish list, so who knows maybe a couple of years down the line Smile
darkwing2k6

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2012 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Reisender wrote:
...the little donate button is there so that christer can pay a part of the running costs of fumbbl....

Just donated as this post along with several other recent posts and blogs have reminded me just how much hard work and effort goes into keeping this site alive.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2012 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love this to come in too.
Niebling

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2012 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Tripleskull wrote:
If this was to be done it would be the fulfilling of my greatest wish i the context of bb. Just to let anyone able of doing it know. Smile

+1

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2012 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

There was talk of this sort of thing being part of a re-vamped [A]cademy. Pre-set rosters that reset after play to teach newcomers what to do and how to do it.

I've no idea how far down the road Christer got with the idea. But I presume it's an easy enough jump from preset rosters to user controlled preset rosters in [L]. Although that's the presumption of an interweb n00b, not the boss.

I think the main issue with doing TV110 resurrection style tournaments over the internet is people flaking out in a Swiss. If I make the effort to turn up on a weekend and lose the first two games, OK I grumble a fair bit, but I'm there, I'm with friends, I've a drink in my hand. I get on with it. Over the internet? I can see people rage quitting and ruining the tournament for others. But I suppose we won't know until we try.
 Jump to: