57 coaches online • Server time: 23:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Araushnar

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2011 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a question regarding player names. I created this team: https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=676382 The "Cold Blooded *******" and gave all my players names regarding the team name.

Mighty ******, Strong ******, Big..., Small... i now found out that the client changed all player names.

Well im not a native english speaker but for me a ****** is not something purely negative. If i offend someone please let me now and i delete the team.

If not is there a way to change the names back?

(Edited by admin)

Best Regards Araushnar
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2011 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the client didn't change the names, a mod did. If you want to change them, you can simply ask a mod or create a support ticket, but they won't change them back to what you had them as.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2011 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Your teams were reported, and the team name and player names were changed by me.

The guidelines are clear, if you had read and understood them, you should have known your team was borderline at the least.

Generally we don't change player names, unless exceptional circumstances. I certainly won't be using my time to change them to something else. You may however send a ticket regarding the team name. Here an admin might take pity on you.
Araushnar

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2011 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course i read and understood the name guidelines. But it was not clear to me that B....d is such an offending word.

Thanks for the information. I will delete the Teams.

Regards

A.
maysrill

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2011 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Largely contextual. Used in the more clinical sense, to describe someone whose parents were not married at the time of conception (or birth, at least) it isn't terribly offensive in general.

Used to describe someone as a dirty, rotten jerk...widely considered unacceptable.

Very narrow window of acceptable use. Possibly none depending on the opinion of the admins. Your purported usage seemed to have little to do with parentage, I would point out.
licker

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2011 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Is anyone really offended by b@#$#@d though?

Seems that word has found it's way into common usage (at least in the USA) to the point where it's more or less lost its pejorative power.

If I make a team of roosters will I get the names changed?
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2011 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

But apparently this one was OK.

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2011 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
But apparently this one was OK.
I... don't know how to respond to that.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2011 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say to do with parantage is worse tbh maysrill.

The word is on the list not accepted by the site. I presume by the site owner and if he says something, that's how it is. No matter what you think.

Let's be honest here, it's just another good chance to moan about the crappy admins, isn't it.

Locking this, because I sick of listening to the constant whining while whiping your butts for you when you need it.
 Jump to: