39 coaches online • Server time: 00:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Pastorn

Post 13 Posted: Dec 01, 2011 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone!

I usually doesn't make comments in this forum, but now I feel obligated to raise my voice.

The LRB6 has, in my opinion, made this game more fun and varied. The new skills, races and rules made it possible to play different kinds of games.

I also loves Black box - fast, fun, unpredictable games and matchups.

But as in every game there will always be players whom tries to maximize the rules to their benefit. Which combination is the most effective? What would be the best way of winning? Thats cool, I admire people who can get so thrilled by a game and whats wrong with winning?

But then there is those who draws it even more far - balancing at the edge of cheat and unsportmanship. Thats so not cool!

The most brand new species of these has a plan. And it works. Maybe not to win all the time but to pest other coaches and teams. What if I play my team but systematically kick almost all my players and keep 1 or maybe 3 players and let them raise to legend status? In that way my TV would be ridiculously low. And my star(s) can just walk right over any team. Of course no one will ever wanna play against me. But in Black Box they must! Sealed!

You can play in what way you wants to; foul, pile on, claw, one turner, leap, sidestep its all up to you. After all you decide how to play. But I want to make that call to.

Hereafter i will always concead if I draw a team like this:

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=671496

(This team has kicked 28 players with no inj at all)

or

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=677035

(this team has kicked 11 players with no inj.)

You get more cash to sit on, 2 MVP:s and your win for your stats and ranking. I save my time - even? No!? Ahh I take all the fun from you. Damn, I try to live with that;-)

And I hope that I don´t get some admin ticket for that. If so I gladly discuss this matter further.

So please spread the word and give me some more examples of hilarious low TV-teams. I will collect them and spread them further.

If we are many enough we might force them to do something els when all they got is concessions and loooooooots of money. Are YOU with me!!

(This is not an ClawPomb comment; even though the things seems to correlate to each other often, wonder why?)
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2011 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

You won't have to play against them once you have been banned.

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2011 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

conceding only makes it worse. that means, they automatically win without taking any damage, automatically gain 10 spp (with a good chance spreading evenly instead of hogged by stars), gain loads of $$$, and sets them up to reactivate for another game.

and I doubt it takes the fun out of it. I love it when others concede vs me.

Last edited by Arktoris on Dec 02, 2011 - 00:10; edited 1 time in total
Pastorn

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2011 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahh, thats a thought. Problem solved. Thanks, I keep that in mind
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2011 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

At first I thought that was a anti clawbomb hunters club rant... but turns out it was only a common clawpomb ruins the game thread.... (and amazons.... amazons?!?)
Dragons

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2011 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I am with you Pastorn. To many coaches that never have been loved here on fumbbl. and want to take it back on other people.
Cribbleobblepie

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2011 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Naughty Food! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2011 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
You won't have to play against them once you have been banned.

Not to forget your team will be retired as well...
lizvis

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2011 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

heres a better idea.......

you could realize that blackbox is a random pairings division and by activating your teams, you agree to play WHATEVER match up comes your way.

[Section removed by staff]
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2011 - 01:21 Reply with quote Back to top

[Post removed by staff]

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2011 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't really see what's wrong with those teams. Having a lot of cash gives them no in-game advantage. Otherwise it's just about managing the distribution of skills for your team. People used to retire bloated players back in LRB4, this is just kind of the reverse strategy.

That first team doesn't even have a particularly good win record. And the second one could have got where it is quite easily without retiring players. I fail to see what the problem is.
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2011 - 03:13 Reply with quote Back to top

If only Fumbbl supported a division where you could freely choose your opponents. Then if someone proposed a match with a team like one of those, you could simply say, "No, thank you" and arrange another one you think you might enjoy more.

We should float that idea to Christer and see if he would go for it. I'd call it "Yanked" since you can yank your team from looking for a game if you didn't find one that suited your tastes.

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2011 - 06:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Pastorn, I don't like teams like that, but I don't think they are illegal, unless they are firing healthy players, and purposely fielding journeymen.

If I draw "one trick pony" teams like that, I try to kill their Legend(s). Remove the threat & watch them cry.

I don't see any problem with that zon team though.

The teams with 1 or 2 legends, and 9 rookies are cheasy to me, unless they are just a result of injuries.
Smeesh

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2011 - 08:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep those teams don´t look great. And one trick team are ofen easy to beat. It is a serious disavantage if a team only has 11 players. The lower the teams agility is, the more they suffer from low player numbes.

Greetings

Smeesh
Pastorn

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2011 - 08:25 Reply with quote Back to top

The answer cant always be: "Don´t play box then". I want to play box, I love the unpredictable match ups, but teams like this is just silly. As Irgy said the win record isnt that good. No, but i don´t believe thats his plan either. The coach just wants to make a mess to new teams. And thats fine with me. But maybe I mustn´t be that team? The zons are maybe a different thing. That team has a great win record, since he knows that zons are one of the best at low TV. I can respect that more (even though think its strange to fire players with nice skills, but thats just me).

I know I can stop play box, I can stop play Blood bowl and start to play chess or something. But maybe the concession rules has to be changed? Maybe their must be some room to see different aspects in it.

Dont you see any problem at all with this "development" of the Black box? Is this what we want the Box to be? I don´t, but maybe that just me.

Last edited by Pastorn on Dec 02, 2011 - 10:56; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: