50 coaches online • Server time: 12:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2011 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I watched the first half of the Toronto/Montreal tilt and the start of the second. Montreal did a great job holding off the Orc offence and looked reasonably well placed in the second when I went to play another match. I thought the Elves surely had Toronto's number this time and were headed for victory. Not sure what happened, but condolences to JumboParagon for the loss. Congrats to you mubo, still undefeated.

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2011 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

The Calgary Slayers revealed their new branding this week. Seems they wanted to represent the swath of players and teams they have cut through this season.

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2011 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
The Calgary Slayers revealed their new branding this week. Seems they wanted to represent the swath of players and teams they have cut through this season.

We look forward to adding a trophy and more blood to our cup as we move towards the end of the season Smile
dsavillian

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2011 - 04:18 Reply with quote Back to top

outstanding.

I should have picked something other than norse to see another fantastic logo!
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2011 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

The CFFl playoffs are well under way, with the Eastern and Western finals expected this week. Unbeaten Toronto will host Ottawa on Wednesday at 9:30 EST (0330 bbtime).

Meanwhile Halifax and Saskatchewan have a date to slug it out for the dubious honour of hoisting the Wooden Maple Syrup Ladle.

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2011 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The big game for all the marbles is tonight!

I'll be flogging the hamsters to power up the old televiseothingy and fiddle with the rabbit ears for the Canadain Bloobowl Broadcasting Corporation's coverage of the match.

Toronto Orconaughts vs the BC Felions... dunno if it will be a good game, but there should be some bloodshed.

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2011 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

are you still recruiting? I'd love to make this my first league. Do you have to live in Canada?
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2011 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course it will be a great game. The BC girls were all but ruled out having to face Azure's mighty humans. Let's see if their miracle run can end on a high.

devilsadvocate, we are full for season 2, but will keep you in mind for a sub if we lose someone or expand next season. Don't have to be Canadian, just able to play in the evening of the NA time zones.

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2011 - 03:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, thanks a bunch!
Azure

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2011 - 05:02 Reply with quote Back to top

In a brutal takeover, the Calgary Slayers are no more! It was a brutal and devious plot that went unnoticed throughout the season - but a master vampire had been shadowing the Slayers all season - snatching players from the battlefield that both sides were thought killed...players they thought were happily retired retired pressed into service as thralls. However, it would not have been enough if not for the fatal blow to Kate Lam...allowing the vampire to turn her...then the crushing defeat in the playoffs threw the entire team into despair and they did not even realize the attack was coming until it was too late. Some joined willingly instead of chosing death - others were too weak to fight back...and so out of the ashes of the Slayers arises a new team - ready for battle and most of all...blood! The Calgary Vanquishers have arrived!
mubo

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2011 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

5 vamps, 3 RRs! Brave Smile.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2011 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Ottawa was at first pleased to learn that the retired Russ Hackson had not been turned, only to discover he was no longer at the Kelly Funeral and Retirement Home. A more in depth assessment of the new Vanquishers team revealed disturbing news, Russ had become the team mascot! Forced to dress in a humiliating giant foam costume and run around the sidelines.

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2011 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

***CBBBC Breaking News***

In a shock announcement, the CFFL head office has announced that Ottawa will now be considered a member of the Western Division. Speculation had been rampant that Hamilton would be moved West to help balance the league, having expanded from 10 to 12 teams. Speaking under condition of anonymity, a high-ranking league official noted that the decision was completely out of their hands, it had come from the top. The official alleged that the decision was made by none other tha Stevie Harker, Principle Master for Canada. It is believed that Harker's ruling party are attempting to declare Ottawa a principality of Alberta in a further effort to appease their constiuents and break ties with the Queen of Brettonia.

Ottawa coaching staff were also caught off guard by the sudden move, but vowed to press on. Coach WhatBall said, "We're here to beat and kick people, and try and get the ball over the line. We don't care who we play. And besides, we can't complain, we somehow ended up with all home games thanks to the new governmental schedule supervisor."

Along with the news, the league released its season two schedule, with E6 thought to be coached by Nightbird. A location for the team has not been finalized, but all indications point to Ontario.

Follow all the season two action at the league's website.

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2011 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Vampires, Werewolves, Chaos, all in the West! Looks like the division is taking a terrific new look. Too bad Nightbird didn't choose his undead to join the West too! Smile

Quebec announced the training camp has started. The team is always looking for new talent and rumours say a new Runner will be in town soon!

We just hope not to get sticked too much into Saskatchewan Gainer's maple syrup tentacles!
opusthefowl

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2011 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

So commiss, what will season II start? I don't think anyone is expecting to have a lot of free time in the next few weeks but we could get a week or two done before January.

Any plans on enforcing the schedule this season? If you need a geek to enforce it, I'll volunteer to be the resident nagger.

Either way, my Elves are are just itching to start the season and meet the new team from Calgary. My guys all got new haircuts and have perfected their "Haka" routine. It's the opening number from "Grease", a bit long at 7 minutes and no so fearsome but it really will take the wind out of the other team's sails...