50 coaches online • Server time: 15:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2011 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Season 2 is approaching fast. Keep an eye on this space.

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2011 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Right now! Right now! Smile
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2011 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Soon, soon. Week 7 will come soon enough and you'll be wishing the season start had been delayed! Wink

League officials are believed to have reached a decision on the TW cap for teams at the beginning of the season. Rumour has it that the TW cap will be 1867 TW, chosen to celebrate the creation of the Dominion of Canada, freed from the tyrannical grasp of Bretonnia. Insiders have also caught wind that players with Claws, and players known to Pile On, may have an extra 10K (for each) added for the purposes of determining the cap.

Last edited by WhatBall on Dec 12, 2011 - 03:27; edited 1 time in total
Azure

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2011 - 03:11 Reply with quote Back to top

opusthefowl wrote:
Either way, my Elves are are just itching to start the season and meet the new team from Calgary. blah blah blah...

Elves make good thralls! Very tasty! Yummm!
latulike

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2011 - 03:25 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Soon, soon. Week 7 will come soon enough and you'll be wishing the season start had been delayed! Wink

League officials are believed to have reached a decision on the TW cap for teams at the beginning of the season. Rumour has it that the TW cap will be 1867 TW, chosen to celebrate the creation of the Dominion of Canada, freed from the tyrannical grasp of Bretonnia. Insiders have also caught wind that players with Claws, and players know to Pile On, may have an extra 10K added for the purposes of determining the cap.

By that time, I will also have my Dirty Elf Twisted Evil Watch out for the foul race!

As for the 10K TV for claws or pile on, we, Elves, appreciate the league considers how expensive we are to replace Very Happy With the actual LRB6 rules, I think it's a good way to keep the league interesting for every race!
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2011 - 03:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Only one Dirty Elf? We may have four or five by then...

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2011 - 04:11 Reply with quote Back to top

We have some new faces joining the league...so let me be the first to welcome you! For those of you that do not knew the various coaches - I will give everyone a run down!

A listing:
Mubo The Mighty - a giant among men. He stands as the reigning champion - and favorite to repeat half-asleep and 2 hands tied behind his back! (In my personal matches against him, he has won every single game by a decisive margin!)

Iskabis the Ingenious - taking the underdog team to the finals and nearly pulling out the win over Mubo - he is clearly one of the most skilled and most feared coaches in the league. Watch out for him, as he is the favorite to repeat out of the west division! (In my personal matches against him, I have lost, lost, lost, lost...geez...I can not count that high! I have lost to him more than ANY OTHER coach on fummbl!!)

WhatBall the WaBoss - the leader from whom we all learn! When we speaks, we listen without thought! Err...something like that! Our fearless leader who nearly made it to the finals, but got knocked out by pure luck in the semifinals. One of the few true challengers to the throne of Mubo the Mighty. (In my personal matches against him, I managed to luck a win here and there - but not someone to be trifled with!)

Jumbopargon the Juicer - I know you may think it is mean...but his players! Players rolling +ST is one thing...but elves with +ST and +AG! Wow! He is nearly an unstoppable force - only the fact that we overnighted a shipment of Ale to him and got him drunk before our game allowed us to win...A fearsome coach with elves, humans or a bag of bones! (In our personal matches we managed to eek out a win or two, but getting our team wrecked in the process is not uncommon!)

SirAble the Awesome - one of the best coaches at player development. With 2 of the top players in the league last season with his Minotaur who shall not be named (for too many people awake in terror at the name!) and the dark elf who terrorizes on the scoreboard. A late bloomer - but considered the darkhorse favorite for killing the most players and to compete for the title this season. (In my personal matches, they are a mixed bag so far, with a few lucky rolls making the difference in my favor.)

Dsavillian the Devious - a late comer to the league, yet not one to be ignored. Starting late, he left his mark - and has the team firmly pointed towards the playoffs for this season. (In my personal matches, I have never managed to win against him. Odds of finally getting that first win are not looking too likely for this season either...although we will hope!)

Opus the Fowl - a dedicated player who know the mathematics well. A mind that never stops working creates an opponent that can never be underestimated! His wardancers have caused a record of 6 heart attacks among opposing team's defensive coordinators last season...we know that we are hiring extra assistant coaches just to deal with these guys! (In our personal matches, even with the vastly superior team on paper we barely eeked out a 3-2 win by the skin of our teeth against this skilled coach!)

Tchatter the Terror - A terror to many...to our team, he should be know as the Destroyer! He killed perhaps the best player in the league last year and set in motion events that allowed the vampires to overwhelm the Calgary Slayers...but really it was tchatter that enabled all of this! (In our personal matches, we could not win against him last match and got our team destroyed as well...yikes!)

Polardragon the New Guy - one of the new guys, but since I have crossed paths before...let's see...yeah have played him...and failed to ever score a TD...lost by at least 3 TDs every game played against him....OUCH! This does not look good!

Anyway, that is a quick rundown of the coaches in the league that I have had some experience playing against...latulike and Nightbird I have not played...but they both look promising as well. Once all teams are set, we will have to do some predictions...hard to say though - some good teams in both divisions now!

Good luck to all for season 2!
opusthefowl

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2011 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Super job...One heck of a good read.

And thanks for my write-up. I was expecting more along the lines of "One word, begins with "i" and rhymes with fidiot."

I think you made a lot of managers blush!

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2011 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Hilarious! Azure's comment and opus "i" word! ahaha

I am still wondering why there isn't any "foul expert" written in either Iskabis or WaBoss description Smile
polardragon

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2011 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

'Da New Guy' has a friendlier ring to it than ' PolarDragonFreshMeat'.

Yah yah, I have beat WhatBall but that's with us both *starting* with 7 players.

All bets are off when the RoughRiser juggernaut takes me from 11 down to 7.

Very Happy
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2011 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Great write up Azure. I think WaBoss is a subtle barb at my ability to become a big baby when the fouling doesn't work and the nasty ref starts using the whistle on me.

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2011 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

/me wakes up from eggnog pool party nonsenseries... WHAT WHAT WHAT?!?
As always Azure the Aforementioned, your write up was excellent. The fluff gods smile upon thee.

Do to the overwhelming popularity of french elves in tight spandex pants, the Als decided to return for season II (was there ever a doubt?!)

I know I've been too quite regarding the season II proceeding being from the whiny provice, but we are quite confident in the CFFL's governing body.

One question though... will there be a pre-season zap-match (new term coined by the juicer) so we can recover mng players?
And speaking of mng players... I'm sad to see Rottawa move West Sad
Was looking forward to many a revenge boot fest matches... guess I'll have to make do whether we're fortunate enough to throw down in the reg season, or if my lads have to wait till the finalz to dig my pointy toes into your vacant undead eye sockets.

BRING ON SEASON II OSTIE!!!!!!
polardragon

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2011 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeah ... Azure has never scored a point on me in *ALL* the games we played.

All *ONE* of them ... when I nuffled him in 7s ... (do you see a pattern here?)

I can't wait for the new season to commence!

-PolarDragonFreshMeat

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2011 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Season 2 starts today right? Should we PM our opponents??
Azure

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2011 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

polardragon wrote:
Oh yeah ... Azure has never scored a point on me in *ALL* the games we played.

All *ONE* of them ... when I nuffled him in 7s ... (do you see a pattern here?)

I can't wait for the new season to commence!

-PolarDragonFreshMeat

Yeah, you crushed me 3-0 in the only game we played...so obviously I am quaking in fear of facing you again! Except instead of 7 players - I only have 5 players! (Thralls do not count...they are food, not players!)
 Jump to: