40 coaches online • Server time: 14:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Ignoring Fluff reasons - Do you think CDs should have been give mutation access?
Yes
37%
 37%  [ 60 ]
No
36%
 36%  [ 59 ]
Pie!
11%
 11%  [ 18 ]
I'm just happy clicking something
15%
 15%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 162

dode74

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2012 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I never complained about anything during lrb4, never had issues with fouling stalling or any of the common topics of that era.
So you preferred LRB 4. Many don't.
Quote:
plasmoids stats are from leagues, but they are almost all from short run leagues, not perpetual or even long length. Those are the same stats that the BBRC used to conclude that everything in the rule set works as intended and those are the same leagues that didnt find any issues with Pilling On, something that Doubleskulls himself now feels is too powerful.
How do you know how long those leagues were run? Where is the data on that? And can you link to DS quoted as saying that PO is too powerful anywhere outside of MM leagues please?
Bobs

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2012 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok cd's get claw on top of already having block/tackle
Tackle only effects dodgers most of who have have av7/8 anyway
Theres only 6 possible CLPOMB's on the team not 16 (ok ridiculous but possible)
They are very bad at moving (MA4) so makes it easier to run away
They are bad at ball-handling (AG2) so they only have 1 purpose which is to hit things.
I'd rather face clawpomb now with elves than the old claw/rsc combo with block tackle which destroyed elf/zon/other little dodger teams.
Some might not agree but clawpomb on its own doesn't kill ball handling teams as much as used to happen.
I'm fine with CD's having claw especially as it is a double which adds the TV weight to the team. I think either beastmen or CW's should need a double too (but not both) pumps the TV a bit and stops mass clawpomb as often as it appears now.
I'm looking at you Brasky Smile

Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2012 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

@Dode -its on the link you posted last page

this is his quote - "I'm more than happy to agree that CLPOMB needs to be toned down."
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2012 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
I never complained about anything during lrb4, never had issues with fouling stalling or any of the common topics of that era.

I didn't play in the old box because everyone told me not too from the moment i joined. So dont know about that really.

Do you recall why they might have said that?

Could it perhaps have been because mass DP, claw+RSC, khems, dwarves etc meant that it was just no fun for most people?

That maybe even with unmodified C-POMB LRB6 Box is still actually more fun than LRB4 Box.

Garion wrote:

As for building big sides. In Lrb4 i don't think i ever achieved it, I had one or too fairly good teams some nice zons, humans and Chaos Dwarves i think, but it was a hell of a lot harder to build teams then and a lot more rewarding and interesting.

But im not interested in building big sides, if i was i would play ranked. I would just like to play at all different TV ranges and get enjoyment from it like i used to. But now I find myself limited to a TV bracket of 1200 - 1600 where games are enjoyable. After that they are just dull now. imo

So where did you play all the TV ranges before that you cannot play them now? It sounds as though you are comparing Box to Ranked/League and blaming the rules when the Box doesn't work out the way you'd like it.

Sure, we can nerf C-POMB and buff fouling. But the Box is still gonna be pretty nasty beyond 1700.

How far are you planning to advance your new chaos?

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2012 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not really planning, I'm just messing about really, trying a new team that i have never given a go.

About Box, for me the old box from what i understood could have been sorted out with just onew rule change - Journeymen which is a great rule.

New Box... is it more fun or is it just played in more because it was the first division to swap over? I dont know?

TV ranges etc.... Yeah i played them in ranked and league to a lesser extent but you clearly dont understand my issues despite having layed them out a million times and i really cant be bothered to repeat my self all the time. I also do not care if things get nasty about a certain TV I dont care that the game is bloody and violent. It should be although it has been done in the wrong way imo.

Why do you keep derailing the topic?

This isnt about CPOMB either.

It is a simple question.

Do you chaos Dwarves need Claw?

No I don't think they do. If you had of asked anyone when playing LRB4 do you think we should give CDs a trait where they can lower an opponents Av to 7 and it stacks with MB. I'm 100% sure everyone would have laughed in their face.

The only reasonable reason anyone has given for CDs to have it is becase Chaos and Nurgle have access to it and those teams would destroy chaos dwarves and put them in the same bin with Orcs and Dwarves if CDs didnt have it. This may be true but this is not a good reason to give CDs Claw access. The problem is the other two teams really.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2012 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

Do you chaos Dwarves need Claw?

Yes. It helps trim down those chaos & nurgle. Wink

Of course you could buff fouling instead so we could have a few more great fouling threads Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2012 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to see that Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2012 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

we need a return to these kinds of teams - http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=632143
53 cas in first 10 games, bosh!

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2012 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah they played proper ball in them days.

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2012 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah very good. A few extreme examples over the course of 8 years. We all know the pitch clearance is a far more common occurance now than it was then.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2012 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Yeah very good. A few extreme examples over the course of 8 years. We all know the pitch clearance is a far more common occurance now than it was then.

Do we? IIRC there are fewer cas now in the Box than under LRB4.

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2012 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I used to clear the pitch all the time. DP and the eye didn't have to make fouling tactical, if you wanted to kill teams you killed teams, simple as.

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2012 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sorry but thats clearly just nonesense. If you could constantly clear pitches with ease. How come you arent the higest ranked coach on the site. Sure it might have been possible if people left their players open for big gang fouls every turn. But who would do such a thing?
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2012 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
I'm sorry but thats clearly just nonesense.

From the guy who claims he never played in the old Box? Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2012 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

You had to be dedicated to killing mens to do it, not many people went all in on DP the way everyone goes all in on Clawpomb these days.
Studman probably cleared pitches more than anyone else in CRP, it doesn't have to equal winning.
I think nerfing DP harmed CDs as they fouled more than Dwarfs I am sure, and most likely more than Orcs too.