40 coaches online • Server time: 11:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
dfunkateer

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2012 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Howdy folks,

anybody that has listened to the mighty 3 Die Block podcast may recall Chance talking about the Highlander League with 24 coaches each playing a different randomly assigned race so each team is represented once and once only.

Well, I thought it was such a good idea that I decided to launch a similar one, but for coaches living +/- 2 hours of GMT (for ease of scheduling games).

The league structure will roughly be based on FA football (proper football, not the American version) so there will be 3 tiered divisions each with 8 teams. In a season each team will play each other team in the same division once (following a set fixture list for the 7 game season), at the end of a season the top team will be promoted, teams 2 and 3 will play-off for promotion and the bottom 2 teams in a division will be relegated. There will also be an FA Cup style Bloodbowl at the end of each season with all 24 teams being drawn at random against another team in a knockout tourney (the teams that performed best in the league will enter the tourney in round 2).

This will be the inaugural season so I'll happily welcome any comments/criticisms/suggestions to make it more fun for all concerned.

I'd like to aim for 1 game every 10 days or so, although fully appreciate that this isn't always possible so won't actively enforce this unless absolutely necessary. We will use the 4 new optional rules intended for LRB 7 (see below)- after all, if Tom Anders thinks they're a good idea, then that's good enough for me!

If any UK based coaches (+/-2 hours) would like to be involved (and can spread the word to anyone that may be interested) then please send me a PM. Once 24 coaches are in then the draw will be made to see who has what team and the league will kick off!

Please remember that before the first season starts the races will be allocated randomly and coaches will then have 1,000,000 gold crown pieces to make and submit a new team (ie 0 games played). Please only sign up if you are happy to play at least one season (but hopefully more) with any team.

Please PM me if you want to be involved.

Dfunk.

LRB7 optional rules which we will be using;

Sneaky Git functions like Guard on foul assists.
+1 on the foul roll if the fouling player is not interfered.
Right Stuff prevents the Tackle skill when blocked.
Piling On rerolls do not get modified by skills.

Last edited by dfunkateer on Sep 23, 2013 - 20:11; edited 38 times in total
cowhead

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2012 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

what are the 4 new optional rules intended for LRB7, for those not in the know?

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2012 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Pilling On (Or Pile On as it should be called if gramatically correct) - You cannot use modifiers e.g. Claw or Mb on the Pile On roll.

Sneaky Git - Sneaky Git works the same way as Guard does except for fouls

Right Stuff - Tackle skill does not work when Blocking or Blitzing players with Right Stuff

Fouling - Self assist for fouling is back.

That is all off the top of my head so that may not be correct Smile
Leilond

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2012 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

How can you manage to apply these rules in the client?
gibby33

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2012 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Pilling On (Or Pile On as it should be called if gramatically correct) - You cannot use modifiers e.g. Claw or Mb on the Pile On roll.

Sneaky Git - Sneaky Git works the same way as Guard does except for fouls

Right Stuff - Tackle skill does not work when Blocking or Blitzing players with Right Stuff

Fouling - Self assist for fouling is back.

That is all off the top of my head so that may not be correct Smile

is the sneaky git rule a addon to what it already does or is the whole skill changed to what you said?

also leilond the optional rules is set by the league so the player dosen't need to do anything different when setting up there game
dfunkateer

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2012 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Leilond wrote:
How can you manage to apply these rules in the client?

When you start a league you can choose to apply these rules, or not. It's that simple.

I've not played in a league with these but I like the sound of them.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2012 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Sneaky git - this change is in adition to what it already does. I have played in a fairly big league with that change and not a single coach bothered taking it. In other words its stll a waste.of space. The right stuff change is horrible imo. Trying to balance stunty teams like that is just plain wrong. The others are okay though
FreeRange

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2012 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm interested. I'm in the US but my prime play time is GMT +/- 2
Leilond

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2012 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok... I'm interested....
What does it mean "Slef assist"? Does it mean that when you foul you assist yourself gaining +1 to armor roll? In addition to Dirty player (if present)?

By the way, I'm interested... Skaven
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2012 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes you get +1 to the av roll

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2012 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Leilond wrote:
Ok... I'm interested....
What does it mean "Slef assist"? Does it mean that when you foul you assist yourself gaining +1 to armor roll? In addition to Dirty player (if present)?

there is a draw for what team you get.
Leilond

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2012 - 09:02 Reply with quote Back to top

If Skaven is a problem, I can play Human... and as last chance I'll choose Necromancer
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2012 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

gibby33 wrote:
Leilond wrote:
Ok... I'm interested....

there is a draw for what team you get.

Rather than a draw it would make more sense just to let everyone pick their top 3 then give everyone their first pick if they are the only ones who chose that race as their first pick and after that draw the teams that more than one person picked.
dfunkateer

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2012 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

Rather than a draw it would make more sense just to let everyone pick their top 3 then give everyone their first pick if they are the only ones who chose that race as their first pick and after that draw the teams that more than one person picked.

Sorry Garion - the draw is going to be completely random.

I'm currently playing in a similar league and was allocated High Elveses, which is a bit of a departure from my beloved nurgle, but it's teaching me that you don't always have to go through players, you can apparently go around them - dodge skill, anyone?!?

I fully appreciate that this is a bit of a departure from the usual method of picking your favourite team, but hopefully enough coaches will be up for it.

Remember - please send me a PM if you want to be involved.

Dfunk.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2012 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I get where you are coming from, for the most part it would be a good idea. But what if you get landed with Ogres? I would just quit the league straight away before playing a game. All other teams yeah fair enough, they are all competative to a point, but there is litterally no point in playing with Ogres.

Edit: getting a team like High Elves is nothing to complain about though, even if your not used to them, they are a top tier team. I personally would be happy with any team except Ogres. Goblins would be a little annoying too since 2 of the secret weapons don't work yet.
 Jump to: