34 coaches online • Server time: 13:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2012 - 05:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Vladim Oslobahn curses you from beyond the grave! Naming the SWL MVP after the nancy girl blouse Duke is embarrassing!

Shame! Shame! Shame!

Wink
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2012 - 07:21 Reply with quote Back to top

In keeping with the new awards system, I cannot recommend highly enough that people have a read through the Channel BB! thread. If ever you are in need of inspiration, there is plenty to be had right there.

Just pick a page at random and start reading - I doubt anyone will be able to get away without reading at least 3 pages.

Some truly epic stuff in there, and with the relative youth of the teams since the season 40 reset, there are some excellent opportunities to create feuds and grudges. Great fluff makes for epic BB, you'll see!

With that, I'm going to practice what I preach - the Dandies are raring for this season, and noone will be safe from their cutting remarks and fashionista snobbery!

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2012 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm back baby!!!

If you're interested join the Fringe
Tomay

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2012 - 05:23 Reply with quote Back to top

firstly, i recommend everyone go to page 1 to see the new rule changes regarding the trial and further down the new awards system.

2ndly here is the official result of the draft for the record:
Ice2 - Lizardmen
Belphagor - Lizardmen
DixonHuang - Cheese Dorfs
Itchycrotch - Highly Weak Elves
Dark_Lord - Nurgle
almic85 - Khemri

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2012 - 05:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Well here we are folks, Messrs Understood have come out of (semi) retirement to rejoin the bash-filled ranks of the elves and skinks (wtf? - Ed.).

We are planning a glorious romp through the newly-mown paddocks, creating havoc, hurt and death along the way. We welcome all teams to the pain-fest that is our home stadium, please bring your own coffins.
lolvenom

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2012 - 05:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Another Khemri team? What the hell is this! I hope I pull the dead at some point this season so we can have a dead-off.
Tomay

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2012 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomays Season Preview

Well, its that time again folks. Time for me to make my usually spot on predictions and curse a few people. I'm rather excited about this season, with a nice mixture in the various divisions of coaches and races. What I'm most surprised about is the perseverance of all 3 slann coaches to stick with their teams. I also think successful team building tactics in a league will become more clear this season as we see things settle down a bit. Most interesting will be the race for individual players to move toward the first legend of the CRP era.

Prem
I wont make any major predictions as I'm involved, but I will go on the record saying that LHC will be hard to stop and the Skinks WILL NOT repeat. I'm also tipping those pesky pro elves get demoted.

Cereal Revenge Conference
I think this will be a particularly close conference, coming down to the last round.

Winner: Dark Swans - I think the dark elves are well suited to this divisional mix and will benefit from Irgy's steady stearing.

In the mix: BBQers and Falcons - I think DC is playing some solid blood bowl and eventually it will pay off by allowing him to string together a few wins. Clay is an always solid player, but if I'm honest, I think he hasn't quite sorted out the CRP roster management strategy (of which he was a master in LRB 4).

We Fink Wer Orks Conf
This is the toughest of the conferences to predict what will happen.

Winner: Gumbeast United - I think they'll lose a few but manage to win enough to sneak into Prem next season.

In the mix: Dandies, Sting - Both elf teams will be in the running, but will require good, consistent coaching and favorable dice to win the division.
Who knows: Wild Jokers - I think the Joker's performance will be the biggest determinant of the season. The roster is coming together, and i feel its a make or break season for them. Bobs is an elf coach trying his best, but just hasnt got it going yet. If he does, he will beat the elf teams and give everyone else a tough game, possibly winning the division.

Vanguard Ark Conference
Good mixture of teams and coaches here.

Winner: Fire and Anger - I think PJJ's necro can get an underdog division win here.

In the mix: Mort Volente, Vipers and Brethren - Mort are most likely the favorites and for good reason, but I'm not sure they're certainties by any means. The Vipers have been playing well and have a good enough roster, they're solid but I'm not sure if they can take it to the next level and win the division. The Brethren will be interesting, where they a one time deal, or are they going to be a force in the league?

Reggies
You can never pick reggies.

Teams to look out for: Giant Hats of Pain - Cheesedorfs are very good in CRP, and Dixon is an unknown.

Ankle Grab - Stans Undead are probably the most fearsome team in the regional division this season.
The Fists - In my opinion they have the most compact looking chaos roster in swl.

Good luck ladies and go the Ninjahs (yeh I'm a fan, how could you not be?)

Oh and look on page 1 for the new twahnlow categories.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2012 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomay wrote:
Tomays Season Preview

Cereal Revenge Conference
I think this will be a particularly close conference, coming down to the last round.

Winner: Dark Swans - I think the dark elves are well suited to this divisional mix and will benefit from Irgy's steady stearing.

In the mix: BBQers and Falcons - I think DC is playing some solid blood bowl and eventually it will pay off by allowing him to string together a few wins. Clay is an always solid player, but if I'm honest, I think he hasn't quite sorted out the CRP roster management strategy (of which he was a master in LRB 4).

Camel Hater!

Haterz gonna hate!!
Tomay

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2012 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

The trial of blood for new teams has been extended until wednesday. Reggies will kick off as usual with fillers in the drafters place.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2012 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

scratch that, we will wait till wednesday to kick off reggies. Take that lolvenom!

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2012 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Another kiss of death from Tomay...just what i need!

We are advising people not to play any main SWL matches until the server settles in case it causes issues. Feel free to play Trial, Fringe or SWWS games though.
gumbi

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2012 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomay wrote:

Winner: Gumbeast United - I think they'll lose a few but manage to win enough to sneak into Prem next season.

Whoah thanks Tomay, but i have my doubts my team can mix it. Time will tell if this noob can deliver...
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2012 - 06:47 Reply with quote Back to top

danielcollins wrote:
Another kiss of death from Tomay...just what i need!

We are advising people not to play any main SWL matches until the server settles in case it causes issues. Feel free to play Trial, Fringe or SWWS games though.

What issues? I played a ranked game last night with no issue...
Redgum

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2012 - 06:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Just played a fringe blood game and no issues at all

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2012 - 07:02 Reply with quote Back to top

dc rarely knows whats going on at the best of times.

Jump to: