45 coaches online • Server time: 11:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gukkubulle

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2011 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

made a quick hopper

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2011 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, not to be overly critical of the icons because I really do like them, but...

I don't care for the squig with a helmet personally. Perhaps a way to diffentiate a squiq would be to add horns or maybe have one with its tongue hanging out?

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2011 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I love the one with the helmet, its my favourite one. It also ties in nicely with knut rockies drawing too.

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2011 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
Well, not to be overly critical of the icons because I really do like them, but...

Well, that was overly critical, and now I will sulk for a month and not make any icons...

Razz

As Garion mentioned, it is an homage to Knut's very cool drawing. I will likely make a fifth Squig with no helmet that can be used as an alternate once the site allows for custom icons.

Geesh, this Stunty crowd is tough, must be a shortman complex. Wink

gukkubulle, like the small field hopper. Might steal some ideas for the Hoppers I do.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2012 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Da Hoppaz!

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Last edited by WhatBall on Jan 23, 2012 - 02:52; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2012 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

WOW. That is all.

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2012 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to suggest snotlings with balloons again. They didn't make the cut for the Ogre team, but they would be perfect for the the not-quite-so-serious Stunty Leeg snotlings.
Examples: Image

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2012 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a go at a pygmy the other day.

Old> Image New> Image

If it were up to me, I'd be increasing the size of all the stunty icons.
f_alk

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2012 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Can someone link to some images of miniatures, then those who haven't played other TTs could join in without relying too much on the old icons.
A link to KnutRockies images would also be nice, as they were mentioned here.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2012 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion: Thanks! I think they are one of my favourites...

Shraaaag: Will try and get some of those into the Stunty Snotling team.

HM: Like the bigger icons. I would suggest using a slightly lighter shade of the skin on the highlights to help add definition because the tones are so dark.

All: I am going to update the Squigs (just herders left), Chaos Halflings, Skryre Slaves, Snotling and Forest Goblins, likely in that order. If anyone else is helping with the update, please coordinate so we don't overlap. Thanks

I am gathering all the icons and renaming to pass to Christer. Would like to have at least a partial update done before it goes.

Edit: there are some small errors in the hoppers, a few stray pixels and the first icon has another squig under it. Final versions are already fixed and will be updated in the main post asap.

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2012 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I see your point, I'll try lightening the skin tone.

As for Forest Goblins and Snotlings, do they need an update?

FG: Shamans fine. FGs and stikas I think are good. A new spider rider would be good though.

Snotlings: A standard or modded troll is good, your current snotlings. Pump wagon is fine imo, and Svens roller is great I think.

The other 3 defo need an update though.

When I said bigger I didn't really mean the pygmy I did. I kept him within the 20/20, so he's the same size as a goblin. I meant more this sort of size:

I think the fling is a pixel too big and the goblin's head is too big. However you get the idea of what you can do if we made the pixels 22/22 or 21/21.

Image Image
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2012 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

For sizing I am settling on 22 for the new goblins I am making. These will likely replace the standard gobbos at some time too. Humans are about 26-28, so 22 is fine for ST2.

For ST1, the new snots are 16, so anything in the 16-18 range for ST1 will work. I say we settle on those heights.

HM, I will just add 1 or 2 new fun snots as Shraaaag noted, and the three trolls will be the standard one, but with slight green skin variants and armour. I HATE the blue troll for the gobbos now, it is so confusing and looks ridiculous.

Please point me to the Forest Gobs. I will work with them to the new height if they are already decent.

The Herders are being done now. Plan to have 6 of them.

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2012 - 04:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Herder fronts
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2012 - 08:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Bravo, sir. Well done.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2012 - 08:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow they are amazing too. I think they are among the best icons created on the site
 Jump to: