46 coaches online • Server time: 12:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you like the format?
Sounds interesting, I'll make a team
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
Sounds fun but not now :)
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Maybe, I have no opinion yet.
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Not fun.
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Terrible. Quit wasting my time.
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
I don't get it.
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Pie
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2012 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I adapted the tournament I designed this morning a bit. Feel free to join.

The Applicants
There are 10 Applicants. From of those applicants two groups of five people are chosen randomly.

The Rounds
Each round one group loses and one wins. There are 7 rounds in wich you might have to compete.

The Knock-Out
The group that loses has to select two coaches among their own ranks who then have to compete in a straight knockout match about remaining in the tournament.

Group Exchange
If one group has two more members then the other group: They have to select one member to hand over to the other side.

Agreement
All decisions are made by majority rule. If a majority cannot be found the opponent group makes the decison instead. If the opponent group cannot make a decision either the decision is made randomly. How or based on what criteria decisions are made doesn't matter.

Teams
Every coach should bring a fresh TV1000 teams into the tournament. If he is unpleased with his team he can make a new rookie team at any time.

Not Attending
Not attending is considerd like a loss for the group. If the not attending coach is buisy he can claim to be exchanged and another coach can take his place.

Quote:

The Round Structure
For a win is rewarded 1 points to the group and the coach.
For a tie is awarded 0 pointa.
For a loss or not attending is awarded -1 point to the group and the coach.

Don't worry if you don't get the following part yet. It will be clear later Wink.

Round 1 - 10 People
The-Two-Phase-Stable-Challenge
Day 1/2: The coaches have to get an opponent coach of the other group to agree to a game to play within the week. They can play it right away if they wish. Every coach can play only once.

Day 3-7: The coaches who haven't managed to find an opponent are seeded randomly to one another. The group that gets the most points wins.

If number of points is equal that group loses that had more coaches responsible for games not happening.

If that number is equal touchdown difference decides.

If that number is equal both groups have to select one coach to compete in the knockout stage against each other.

Round 2 - 9 Coaches
Representative Challenge
Both sides select a representative to play for them against a representative from the other group. The game happens with overtime rules.

Round 3 - 8 Coaches
Random Challenge
A random coach of both groups is selected and functions as a representative for that group. Like in round 2.

Round 4 - 7 Coaches
Representative-And-Random-Knockout-Challenge
Both coaches select a representative. Then one remaining coach of each group is chosen randomly.
The two representatives have to compete against the two randomly chosen coaches.
Unless one group wins both matches, the winners have to compete against each other in a knockout style finale.

Round 5 - 6 Coaches
Competetive-Stable-Challenge
Coaches from both groups are seeded according to the highest amount of points they managed to make for their groups and have to compete against each other in a stable like format. Victory conditions like in Round 1.

Round 6 - 5 Coaches
Second-Best-Representation-Challenge
Both groups select a coach of the opponents team who is not allowed to participate in this round. If the Group has now more then one coach available it can decide wich coach is allowed to represent them.

Round 7 - 4 Coaches
The final 4 Knockout
Groups are abandond and the final 4 remaining coaches get randomly seeded into a knockout challenge. The coach who wins becomes the champion of the tournament. And claims the price and bragging rights.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2012 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

If you haven't made your application yet please hurry. The tournament closes at 24h today for public recruitment. After that only those invited will be able to join Smile
 Jump to: