42 coaches online • Server time: 11:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kinks

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2011 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Well it's getting to the end of the season and there is a rule that I would like brought up, drop outs. It was previously discussed around the end of page 14 / start of page 15 of this thread.

Currently if someone drops out mid season the rule (as far as I understand) are that everyone due to play them gets awarded a concession and everyone who has played them gets there points adjusted to a win (if it wasn't already). This all seems fair enough to me.

However it seems to often be the case (and in my division this season) that the drop out gets replaced by a new coach / team. The way this has been dealt with is that anyone yet to play the team gets to play the new team instead, but teams that have played the drop out team still get awarded a win.

This seems wrong to me. If a new team fills the slot of a drop out team I think the previous results should stand. Awarding teams that have already played a win seems like a miss interpretation of the old ruling to me (where it was assumed the old team wouldn't be replaced).

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2011 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

LRB 7 rules......

Ok, just thought I'd put it out there. What do people think of the new league options:

1. +1 the AV rolls on fouls.
2. Sneaky Gits works like guard on fouls.
3. Piling on doesn't apply modifiers on the RR.
4. Right Stuff negates Tackle on blocks.

Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2011 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

My thoughts:

1. Yes. Fouls need a buff.
2. Yes. Although it doesn't seem particularly worth while IMO.
3. Yes. I don't want the C-POMB virus to infect [L].
4. Not sure. I'm a little concerned about this helping Orcs (and maybe being really good for Underworld).

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2011 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Kinks wrote:
LRB 7 rules......

Ok, just thought I'd put it out there. What do people think of the new league options:

Smile

I'd be against adopting any non-official in game rules. A few restrictions like race diversity or TW caps is fine but the in game rules should be as close to crp as possible.

Speaking of TW caps, any progress on a decision yet? A couple of Fringe teams are over the cap I've imposed but if they don't apply to the main league then it might not be an issue if those teams are promoted.

I may need to authorise some unfriendlies so teams can trim for the new season.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2011 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:
Kinks wrote:
LRB 7 rules......

Smile

I'd be against adopting any non-official in game rules. A few restrictions like race diversity or TW caps is fine but the in game rules should be as close to crp as possible.

Speaking of TW caps, any progress on a decision yet? A couple of Fringe teams are over the cap I've imposed but if they don't apply to the main league then it might not be an issue if those teams are promoted.

I may need to authorise some unfriendlies so teams can trim for the new season.

I wouldn't want to see WIL adopt any unofficial in game rules.

I would like to try without caps to see how it goes.

But the decision is now Jock's. Jock?

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2011 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with pete on both points.

Caps might be reintroduced depending on how it goes, but as we are in a period of transition I dont want to restrict any teams growth, for now at least.

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
Kinks

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2011 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Good-Good Smile

And drop outs living mid-season and being replaced?

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2011 - 08:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I presume no body cares about mid-season drop outs, as it doesn't effect them (yet!).

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2011 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Is that something we need a new rule for?

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2011 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Is anybody out there? It's all gone quiet in the WIL...

What's the delay with the last Prem match? I'm chomping at the bit for the next prem season!

Also, stats anyone? I spoke to Usntoffe about them earlier in the season and he said he was going to have to do some work to get them for the CRP era I think. but again, now only silence...
clarkin

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2011 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I've noticed the 'hot this week' page of stats has been updated a few times through the season
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2012 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, all. Woe betide me to try something that I don’t often like in forums (going back over something we’ve talked about numerous times before), but I’d like the WIL to reintroduce TV caps at the Regional and Conference levels. I think this serves three main purposes; 

Keeps the Bloodbowl more coach orientated and less ‘If this gimmick works, I might win’
Punishes relegated teams (capless, a lazy coach can build an uber team regardless of results in the hope of one day being competitive, rather than seizing the current day)
Allows for easier team building of the weaker races 

Before anyone says ‘We don’t need caps, look at my team! Inducements have meant I’ve not broken a sweat from day one in my constant rise up the divisions!’, I’ll stop you there. Elves / tier one + coaching + Inducements can level or tip the playing field for the newer team. Of this I’ve no doubt. I just don’t think it’s desirable for a team to play most of it’s games with a boatload of gimmicks, and I think caps helps make this happen.

To use the example of my current Khemri team, I’m playing most of my games toward the end of this season (and at this rate, am likely to next) with a boat load of Inducements. I’m not getting much joy out of it. When they come off, I win, when they don’t, I lose. I feel disconnected from the coaching experience. The more rubbish teams are always going to be reliant on the gimmicks to see them through. As the season progresses, I’m losing Skeletons at the rate of one every game and a half, and when a TG bites it, my team really is in the crapper. The ongoing Chainsaws and other bits don’t do much to help me build a team. When I’m relying on gimmicks, my real players don’t develop, and it’ll take longer for my team to be in a position to compete on it’s own. I could sit here for 3-4 seasons and await an uber team, but the likelihood is that restarts and retirements will promote me early, and then I’m in the same pickle for another few seasons as the bigger boys bash my real players. I think a start of season cap would have made my real players more competitive from day one, made my reliance on Inducements this season less, and given the coaches of the big teams in my divisions some team management decisions to take. And team management is one of the things I tend to find makes leagues fun and interesting. 

I think Inducements are a great system for a one-off game or to help a team recover. I think if you’re playing a whole season with 150k+ to play with every game (note; I haven’t this season, but that could easily become the case), the game is less of a fun experience and a bit more of a lottery. This is especially true with the weak races. I also expect, if the capless BB persists, that some coaches will hang around for a while making quite the killing machine unit. Success should be built upon team management and skill, less so on awaiting the team naturally being great. 

I don’t expect this to be a popular view. Inducements seem well loved. What I hope is that Jock agrees, because the boss is the important one. The only issue is; it’s no fun dropping a tier due to a couple of iffy runs of luck and having to chop half your team. But relegation should punish. As an off the top of my head suggestion (remember LRB6 teams don’t seem to grow as big as easy as LRB4); 

Prem: Uncapped.
Confs: 1800 Cap OR 12 Players no more than 1950 if relegated (2 point penalty)
Regionals 1400 OR 11 Players no more than 1500 if relegated (2 point penalty). 

I hesitate to say it, but, thoughts?
gjopie

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2012 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I actually agree with Pgoo - as one of the "uber-teams" (massively bloated!) kicking around in the conferences, and possibly even looking at relegation this season, I've been facing a lot of inducements recently. And its fun to begin with, but it gets old quickly.

Of course, I could just cut my team down myself - but its hard to do, because I would have to take some very tough decisions. Being forced to really think about your team, and exactly who and what really needs to be on it, is kind of fun.

I dread having to cut 500TV from my team if we get relegated though...
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2012 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm.

My only issue is by putting caps in, you penalise the big teams heavily. Chaos and such like really aren't that strong till they hit 1900 odd, and if they can't grow that large until they hit the Prem, that's a real issue for them. Whether we want to be encouraging 2k TV chaos teams munching the low divisions to grow before expanding, is of course another issue...but capping a Chaos team to 1400 probably means that it won't manage to get promoted at all. (or encourages low TV minmaxing to the 9s).

In the long run, I guess I agree with Pgoo. I like the idea of relegation meaning something, and promotion being a real scrap at first. It'll just be a shame if the consequence of that is that the premiership is always filled with elves + hybrids.
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2012 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree on your viewpoint and can understand it. But dont know if I will like the idea of being relegated and had to cut in players. Might leave your team in a worser situation than before.

What do you mean by 2 point penalty?

I am not sure of if I like the idea of a max team size. It would make more sense to me that a player would leave the team. I mean, star players and famous players today tense not to play for a low soccer team. But this might be a radical idea and not many going to like it.

So Super Star and Legend leave a regulated team on a 2+ or 4+ or just leave the team. And Star and up leave a Confs team on a 2+, 4+ or just leave the team.
 Jump to: