43 coaches online • Server time: 13:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2004 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Bunny’s Very Tiny Tournaments # 1: The Bowel Bowl

*The following does not follow the fluff of Warhammer, Bloodbowl, or WH 40K. Consider it an alternate, if parallel universe. The year is 3819 on the Bloodbowl calendar, the races of Chaos became the supreme power in the Old World in 3104 when the United Empire fell to the hordes of Khornite Warlord Kharzak Vingoth. The reign of the god of murder was short lived however, as the savage Chaos lords were unable to manage a world empire. The Chaos Dwarves however, did have the technical and administrative skills necessary to weld the fragmented races of the Old World under one banner. Thus the reign of the Oligarch’s and Chaos Merchant’s began. By comparison to the century of tyranny and rapine of the previous regime, the people’s of the Old World were willing to suffer under bondage for a meagre allotment of stability and security.
When space flight was invented in 3506, the enslaved races and their Chaos Dwarf masters were quick to industrialize the nearby star systems in an effort to secure more warp oil, the substance that powered that the great star ships of the space era. In 3601, the Chaos Merchant’s were succeeded in galactic mastery by their own creation, an artificial intelligence known as the Chaos Overmind. The raw chaos power of the Overmind was an unmatched force in the universe, and the clever Chaos Merchant’s came to the realization that resistance, was indeed futile and have been the care takers and right hand of the over mind for the last century. Recent race wars have resulted in the extinction of the Skaven and Dark Elf species at the hands of the Chaos Dwarves. The Overmind, greatly saddened by the reduction of variety in the universe, has made it known that the Chaos Dwarves are no longer guaranteed the unqualified favour of their master. The time of ascension for a new race is at hand. The events in the Bowels described below are but a small precursor of a far greater tale.*

The Bowel Bowl

*Conversation recorded in the mess hall of level 72*

Rumour has it, troubles a brewin in the Bowels. Now mind you, from what I understand, trouble ain’t exactly a rare beast down there. Hell no boy! I don’t need an apothecary, and you don’t need to look so dang uncomfortable. I ain’t talking about my bowels, I’m talkin’ about the dang 40th Mine connector! Yeah, I know its’ not a nice name, but it ain’t a nice place neither. Look here greenhorn, the reason roughnecks have been callin it the bowels for nigh on 200 years is that you won’t find a place on this damned mudball that’s worse than the Bowels. Good men die down there every day, and s’cuse my lustrian but workin down there is the ****.

Look there, you got me all worked up, and that ain’t healthy at my age! I’ve been workin these mines for nigh on eighty… heh? What’s the trouble? Fool boy! Don’t you know every bit o pain and grief that happens in these mines is over the Union contracts? The Slag Boyz are right peeved at the Management over this new piece rate agreement, and they’ve tanked the works. Blew the damn ore processor up with a load of unstable warp oil they did. Killed more’n twenty Shorty Engineers in the doin’ of it too. That didn’t sit too well with the shorties and they knocked off the Grishnik Veincutter the Slag Bozz. Been a real war zone down there ever since.

Now Management - Nurgle curse their genitalia! -, have come down hard on em both. I don’t know how they plan to deal with this, but with those Slag Boyz sittin on a pile oh warp oil big enough to rock this planet to the core, Management gonna have find some real tricky way to handle those greenskins. Not to mention them Shorties, those long beards ain’t one to forgive easy. Rumour has it Security is also making a play for power down there. When the Chaos boys start takin shots at each other, you know something a lot bigger than the usual problems are takin place. Somethin’s gotta give, or this whole damn mine is gonna blow.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
OFFICE OF THE OVERMIND

Memo to Shardak Khardum, Mine Overseer, Khazim Sector

Your request for additional troops is declined. The Overmind, may its infinite wisdom guide us forever, has determined a most unique and creative approach to the solution of the oncoming race crises (see Galactic Memo #456789-X-3456-YT) and the facility under your oversight has been selected as a test site for the project. You are hereby directed to implement the following procedure:

1. Each of the groups in conflict, Management, Security, Slag Boyz, and Shorty Engineers are directed to form three Blood Bowl teams (see attachment LRB3.0 for the details and rules of this archaic entertainment form) each from members of their Unions.
2. Over a three week period, each Union will be paired off versus one another. Example: The three Slag Boyz teams versus the three Management teams. Each team plays only one game each week. After week three, the top two Unions in terms of total wins, will play a final 3v3 match. The Union that wins a minimum of 2/3 games will win the tournament.
3. The Union that wins the tournament takes control of the Mine.
4. Failure to comply with directive will result in your immediate evisceration and subsequent termination.

Have a pleasant day,
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Phew… kind of tired after writing all that. Hope a few of you stuck with me to the end.

A few notes:

Slag Boyz = Orcs
Shorty Engineers = Dwarves
Security = Chaos or Nurgle’s Rotters
Management = Chaos Dwarves

Three teams from each Union makes a total of 12 teams.

Each week, the teams of each race square off versus the teams of another race. So for example in week 1 it *could* be:

Slag Boyz Team 1 vs Management Team 2
Slag Boyz Team 2 vs Management Team 1
Slag Boyz Team 3 vs Management Team 3
Security Team 1 vs Shorty Engineers Team 1
Security Team 2 vs Shorty Engineers Team 2
Security Team 3 vs Shorty Engineers Team 3

Once each Union has played the others, the top 2 unions (by # of wins) will face off in a final set of matches. The winner of that contest controls the Mine.

Hopefully this thing can be started and finished within 6 weeks (3 weeks of regular games, 1 week of play offs).

If this looks to be something your interested in post here with your team preferences.

Oh yeah. No big guys in this tourney. They don’t fit into the mine well.

Group page is http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=1937

Cheers.

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2004 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow.
You sure have alot of spare time don't ya, Bunny....
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

No seriusly, it's looking good. Wish I had the time to enter.....

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2004 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Based on some feedback...

Big Guys are now allowed. After talking to some folks I decided I had no real reason to go messing with the LRB teams.

So...

If you want in:

Make a new U TR100 team of the appropriate race. Take a look at the group page and make sure there are not already three teams of that race already.

When we have 12 teams, we'll get started.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=1937

Join there ^^^^

If we end up with more than 3 teams of each race (due to delays in submissions and approvals) the first 12 will keep their spots but may have to pick new races.

The allowed races are: Orc, Dwarf, Chaos Dwarf, Chaos/Nurgle

Please try to make the teams appropriate to the fluff!

Wizards & Stars are not allowed.

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2004 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

i'm good for a dwarf team =)

"Now that's an esophagous!"
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2004 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

3 in. Nine more needed!

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Due to the lack of interest in this concept, I've no choice but to kill the tourny.

My apologies to those who joined.... but mind you.. there were only 3 of you... so I dont mind if you are mad at me Very Happy

Regards.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Aha! Hopefully the Shaft Security team XXX will join the ranks shortly!
Schalburg

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Arghhh i only just finished making a team and then you decide to kill the tourney. Ahh well I'm glad i didnt use my free time for this.
 Jump to: