46 coaches online • Server time: 19:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 04:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Since there seems to be a mad rush of roster suggestions, I guess I should give a few of my "guidelines" to rosters...

1) you must have fluff

no fluff, no basis for your player design...ergo...no team...

oh, and fyi....the roster fits the fluff...not vice versa...

2) rosters must fit into the blood bowl universe...somehow

this goes along with fluff...if you can't tie your rosters into the universe on some level, then they have no place in blood bowl..

i believe in immersion, and while stunty is a lighter take on the universe, it's still a part of it, and i require all rosters to have the same feel to them...

3) design ideas must be complete rosters, from a-z

that includes everything from the players, to rerolls, to skill access, etc etc etc...

4) rosters must have some level of balance taken into account

there's a few ideas presented that it seems like people just threw stuff together without taking balance into account...don't just sit down and write stuff on a sheet and call it done...

think about how your team would mesh with the entire league, and where in the tiers of rosters they would fit...

if your team is out of the gate as the #1 powerhouse...it's going to get ixnayed right off the bat...

5) be original

don't rip off an existing roster, don't convert a LRB6 roster to stunty, etc etc etc...

6) no custom skills

while they're neat, and there's some good ideas that come out of them, the league has enough client coding required to get it up to speed, i have no desire to add more to the list that could cause a backlog in more important things...

and probably the most important rule...

7) no...damned..."ling" teams...

if you can't come up with an original naming scheme for your team, then you haven't thought about it enough...

with that being said...rosters don't have to be perfect...discussion breeds change, which breeds molding into a workable product...the community here has plenty of ideas that can help mold rosters into solid ideas...but you have to at least show some level of effort out of the gates, or it's a no go...

last but not least...

i reserve the right to modify any roster to fit the league...Smile

ta ta for now Smile

--j

ImageImage

Last edited by shadow46x2 on Mar 12, 2012 - 22:04; edited 1 time in total
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 08:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Flufflings?

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn, there goes my Quarterling idea ;P

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

edit - please see this thread for content --j

Last edited by cowhead on Feb 27, 2012 - 09:11; edited 1 time in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Cowhead, those frog pics rock.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers Pythrr i'm hoping they add to selling the idea Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Question, how likely are any of the teams to be implemented in the Stunty environment?

Is this all for fun or will the better designs / ideas actually be implemented at some point?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd use brownrob's slann krox as a basis for your krox. Would work much better than standard one.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Has the Stunty skill to be a defining element for all stunty leeg teams?

I had an idea about a bunch of weak humans (commoners/peasants... something like that), but there would really be no way to make them all stunty fluff-wise. They'd basically be a human team (consisting of humans, not a stunty version of the humn roster!) simply far to weak to compete in regular Blood Bowl.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
I'd use brownrob's slann krox as a basis for your krox. Would work much better than standard one.

where could I find it

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

cowhead wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

where could I find it

Somewhere in the first half of this: http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=17881

Coach nick is snakesanders, who was doing slann.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

fyi, this thread is not for roster ideas...cowhead, i editted your post with a link to the roster...

--j

ImageImage
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

stej wrote:
Question, how likely are any of the teams to be implemented in the Stunty environment?

Is this all for fun or will the better designs / ideas actually be implemented at some point?

it's a little bit of both, stej...

i would say more than likely, if i decide to implement new races, it could very well be pulled from something already presented...i'm not a hugely creative person in the realm of roster design, but i'm good at working current content into the system as is....

if something really good comes through the pipeline, i'd love to see it implemented, but again, it solely depends on what is submitted....

Rabe wrote:
Has the Stunty skill to be a defining element for all stunty leeg teams?

that's kind of a tougher question to answer...it's not a defining element, per se, but it is sort of a balancing mechanism...arguably, if a roster came forth with comparable stats to goblins, but all players lacked stunty, that'd be a huge advantage over everyone else, simply due to the enforced defense against attrition that other teams suffer...

i won't say it's a defining trait...but i will say if you decide to forego it(or something comparable), then you better do a lot of legwork to ensure balance with the rest of the league...

--j

ImageImage
cowhead

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
fyi, this thread is not for roster ideas...cowhead, i editted your post with a link to the roster...

--j

I know it isn't a roster ideas thread i was just after your opinion of my 'zapped' roster
cowhead

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
cowhead wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

where could I find it

Somewhere in the first half of this: http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=17881

Coach nick is snakesanders, who was doing slann.

I had a look at brownrobs krox but didn't really like it, but I understand why you suggested it. I've tried giving it the same style head as the Goliath. But you'll have to come to mutant frogs thread to see it. Link is in my original post.
 Jump to: