38 coaches online • Server time: 18:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Whatball, I was tempted Smile

My logic was, with ST 2, he's well worth taking for Snotlings (as he gives them a st 2 ball carrier), and Nurglings (because he's got ag 3).

I thought with AG 4 stunty big hand, he's a little too reliable for Stunty. 2+ dodge anywhere, with a 2+ pickup regardless of TZ. I've used those players a lot, and they are almost undefendable against if you use them well. I don't mind if people think it's more fluffy...but I was imagining that he was an ag 4 snotling, and the curse made him bigger and fatter (so ST +1, AG -1).

What do you think of the price? I've got no experience costing Stunty stars.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Fair enough, your explanation makes sense, and clarifies the issue. Can add the stat adjustments as fluff and good to go.

I really don't think costs are too important right now to be honest. As long as we get a variety of ranges from cheap to expensive on each team. Then once they are all done and decided upon, it will be much easier to cost them all together in relation to each other. The most important is to get some fun and usable stars created, which you have.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

It occurred to me later that Decay is pointless on Star Players because you can't use apothecaries on them, so I removed it from King Tot and Bonegnawer. I also changed Bonegnawer's fluff and I gave Mincemeat Multiple Block to make him cooler. I would've put that on him to begin with, but I didn't think of it.
Nekosama

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I think a couple of the normal stars with like 3 niggles might be a fun stunty idea. They got so beat up that the normal players wont take them anymore so forced to join a stunty team to get their bills paid. Would be strong but fragile.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Nekosama wrote:
I think a couple of the normal stars with like 3 niggles might be a fun stunty idea. They got so beat up that the normal players wont take them anymore so forced to join a stunty team to get their bills paid. Would be strong but fragile.

Niggles on some of the Stars is great fluff.

MisterFurious wrote:
It occurred to me later that Decay is pointless on Star Players because you can't use apothecaries on them, so I removed it from King Tot and Bonegnawer. I also changed Bonegnawer's fluff and I gave Mincemeat Multiple Block to make him cooler. I would've put that on him to begin with, but I didn't think of it.

I would leave Decay on them, it adds fluff and character. No need to remove. MB on Mincemeat is a great touch.

I am keeping a doc with all the new proposed stars, will update it there as well.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 08:31 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:

i can't help but laugh at Hornswoggle....

he needs his own personal big guy...Fit Finlay Very Happy

--j

I like it

Fairies Star

Hornswoggle 200k
Having grown bored of the daily grind, Hornswoggle decided to leave his pot of gold and make his way in the world. He would travel town to town seeking out the biggest and baddest and challenge them in the age old sport of wrestling. Bearing many scars and many victorys he has decided to turn his hand to the beautiful game.

MA 6 ST 1 AG 3 AV 7

Loner, Dauntless, Dodge, Right Stuff, Strip Ball, Stunty, Thick Skull, Wrestle

'Fit' Finlay (Free with Hornswoggle)
Taking a shine to impetuous Leprecaun, 'Fit' Finlay took him under his wing like a wayward son. And with the promise of gold and mischief he would never leave young Hornswoggles side.

MA 4 ST 4 AG 2 AV 8

Loner, Gaurd, Grab, Thick Skull, Wrestle
Should he have Throw Team Mate and if so should he have more AG or Strong Arm?
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Nekosama wrote:

Do you play streetball? They use niggles on their stars, which they call ringers, to make them a bit more fragile to represent how brutal streetball can be for veterans of the sport. This fits nicely w/ stunty as it is quite brutal as well.

P.S. Loving the Hornswoggle idea. He always creeped me out when he appeared in WWE for some reason.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Since Shadow is stunty leeg's commissionor, would it be cool to have him as a star???
Please do NOT start taking the mick out of him, this is not the place for it (I'm sure there is another thread running for that). If agreed I think Shadow should choose his own stats and skills.
However, who wants to make his icon???? Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Shadow
8/2/4/9 - 130K
Loner, Shadowing, Dodge, Side Step, Strip Ball, Stunty, No Hands, Regeneration

All teams except Tzeentch

The Shadow was a star Blood Blow player back in the time before it gained a renewed popularity. Legend tells tale of an epic match between the two most powerful teams facing off for the original Blood Bowl, now lost, perhaps forever. The year is known, but the exact century uncertain, some historians cite 2164, others 2064, while a few believe 2264 is the correct date. The uncertainty has lead to the year being known as 2X64.

Lore speaks of a heroic player, whose true name is now lost, leading his team to victory on that day. Known only to him at the time, the act was not only heroic, but self-sacrificing. He had gone against the god Tzeentch, who favouring the other side, had promised the star countless reward and unimaginable power to throw the game.

Moments after he crossed the goal line to win the match in the dying minutes, the furious Tzeentch struck, trying to smite him out of existence, while causing as much pain and agony as possible. The powerful gods supporting the winning side tried to intercede, and what happened next is a blur. Almsot every witnesses' account of it varies, but what is known, is that what was borne out of it was no longer human, nor spirit. The dark figure fluctuates now between the ethereal and corporal, still pursuing the game he loves for anyone who will have him, especially if he is given the chance to defeat the hated Tzeentch. He particularity loves to play for Bogey and Goblin Cheater teams.

Skill reasoning:
Shadowing, well, duh! Razz
High AG and Stunty to show semi-solid state and ability to move around.
No Hands to represent inability to hold the ball for any length of time, but this phasing also allows Shadow to get in and steal the ball more easily, he just can't maintain it. Regen, well, the Shadow is supernatural now.

*Any similarity between this star player and those described herein and members of FUMBBL is purely coincidental. This is in no way an attempt to "kiss butt" or sneak in a personal roster into Stunty either. Smile

You mean like that? Razz
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:

Remember to add names too to your Stars. Garion, is Butcher the player type or name? If this flying fish ends up a star, it needs a name too.

Butcher would be his position if he was a roster player, but sincehis position will be Star. I think calling him Butcher would be fine, but if someone can come up with a good name for him then go for it Smile
nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm Sorry but Shadow HAS to be a Troll It's tradition. Further more He should only play for Goblin Cheaters.
5/5/2/8 ?Price it should be high I don't wana look at that ugly mug every other game.
Loner,Shadowing,Frenzy,Mighty Blow,Strong Arm, Really Stupid,TTM,Always Hungry

That fluff is super sexy though. Mine basically boils down to no one will put up with him asides no good grotty cheaters, and even their tolerance is not unending

Skill reasoning:
Frenzy, (Come at me Bro)
Mighty Blow, Well only in certain states.
Strong arm, Shadow has a lot of spare time.
Really Stupid, To represent all the time he spends arguing.
TTM, Gave him strong arm he may as well use it for something
Always Hungry, C"Mon do I really have to explain.

Nexus OUT!

Remember folks if you don't go out of your way to kill good players AGING IS YOUR FAULT!!
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Evil or Very Mad damn you nexus...

--j

ImageImage
Skolopender

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

nexusvalhees wrote:
I'm Sorry but Shadow HAS to be a Troll It's tradition. Further more He should only play for Goblin Cheaters.
5/5/2/8 ?Price it should be high I don't wana look at that ugly mug every other game.
Loner,Shadowing,Frenzy,Mighty Blow,Strong Arm, Really Stupid,TTM,Always Hungry

That fluff is super sexy though. Mine basically boils down to no one will put up with him asides no good grotty cheaters, and even their tolerance is not unending

Skill reasoning:
Frenzy, (Come at me Bro)
Mighty Blow, Well only in certain states.
Strong arm, Shadow has a lot of spare time.
Really Stupid, To represent all the time he spends arguing.
TTM, Gave him strong arm he may as well use it for something
Always Hungry, C"Mon do I really have to explain.

Nexus OUT!

I do believe you forgot Animosity, Foul Appreance and Disturbing Presence...?

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Nexus! Laughing

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's where we are at with the current star suggestions. I have tried to place stars on multiple teams where they seem to fit best. The aim is to get 6 stars per team, with varying costs, and try to keep it to ~30 star players.

I took a shot at the costs too. Based them on the Galak LRB pricing guide as best I could, then added ~10% for their star potential. Some still need tweaking of course, but it gives us a better base to work from.

Stats & fluff for Percival Pinchstik (who I added at the bottom) coming soon...