53 coaches online • Server time: 18:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Barre

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 09:11 Reply with quote Back to top

34 is a record for CRP though.. pips Morgions Pimpin' Aint Easy on 33

Interesting fact, Mort Avaritia have the highest 4 season totals in pre CRP with 31 34 35 and 40, the 2 highest were in Prem.

In only 3 seasons of CRP there are already 3 teams with more than 30 cas, compared to 39 seasons of pre CRP which produced only 4.

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Season XLIII Round 5 Axe UPDATE:

Vanguards Ark Conf
All Clear!
Manic Mammalians Reggies
Lord H v Bel - Double forfeit, 0pts
I-House Reggies
All Clear!
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Barre wrote:
34 is a record for CRP though.. pips Morgions Pimpin' Aint Easy on 33

Interesting fact, Mort Avaritia have the highest 4 season totals in pre CRP with 31 34 35 and 40, the 2 highest were in Prem.

In only 3 seasons of CRP there are already 3 teams with more than 30 cas, compared to 39 seasons of pre CRP which produced only 4.

That is interesting! I guess in the absence of cherry picking and min/max CRP rules are a bit more bloody... but with the journeymen and inducements, thats OK in my book.

Makes Legendary Players all that more rare too Wink
Olaf_the_Stout

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, simple scenario for the Memories of FUMBBLs Past. Beat the High Street Dandies in the final round of the season and we qualify for Prem.

Sounds so easy in theory, not so easy in practice!

Olaf the Stout
Barre

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok scenario time for Prem:

Premier Division Title:
* If Seussville Slammers win their 2 remaining games they get the title
* If Seussville Slammers draw one and win one then LHC can get the title by beating Woodies
* If Seussville Slammers lose one and win one then LHC only need a draw against Woodies for the title, or Woodies need 2 wins for the title
* If Seussville Slammers draw both then LHC get the title unless Woodies win both in which case they will get the title
* If Seussville Slammers lose one and lose or draw the other then;
- Ruffians get the title if they beat Woodies and Woodies beat LHC and they beat LHC on TD diff.
- Woodies get the title if they win both or if they draw against Ruffians and beat LHC by more than 2 TDs
- LHC get the title if they win or draw against Woodies

Summary: Only one team has their own destiny in their hands and that is the Sluggers, if they win both they get the title, LHC are the next closest, anything but 2 wins by the Sluggers and they will be in control of their destiny again. Woodies have a penchant for upsetting apple carts and with 2 wins can give it a good shake, and finally the Ruffians are potentially in there with a shot but at this point unlikely.

Premier Division Spot Retention:
With Ruffians sitting at number 4 and a forfiet to come the bar is automatically shifted to the Woodies who are on 17 this means with 2 wins Daughters could push the margin and gain a spot, especially since 3 and 4 play off this round. Otherwise, the Skinks are mathematical but unlikely, the best shot for them is if Woodies lose both and Skinks win both.

Promotion Prospects:
Things as they stand are VERY open at the moment with all divisions still in the balance, with 4 spots available the likely mark to beat for second place will be in the high 20's, 29 should see a second spot promotion to prem, other than that though you'll need to win your division to get through.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 07:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Barre wrote:
Things as they stand are VERY open at the moment with all divisions still in the balance, with 4 spots available the likely mark to beat for second place will be in the high 20's, 29 should see a second spot promotion to prem, other than that though you'll need to win your division to get through.

How do you figure that? From what I can see, second place can't possibly be any more than 27. As I see it, Bedouin Falcons can guarantee a prem spot on 27 with a win even if they don't win the conference, and Wonga Wonga Whalekillers can as well with just a win and a draw to 26 (if they both do it they'll be first and second). Everyone else basically has to win their conference to get in, although there's a few that could sneak through as second place on 25 or even 24 at a pinch if they're lucky.
Barre

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Wonga Wonga Whalekillers can make 29, they have 2 games to play and are on 19, that was the highest I checked hence I locked it in. 27 is not a sure thing so and I wanted to give a sure thing value.

Edit: ahh for some reason I missed that the Falcons only have one game to play, so you are right, 27 is the goal for promotion

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Or:
The ruffians beat the woodies by 2. LHC loses to woodies by 2. Slammers draw both their last two games and we'll have...
Three teams all on 24 with a +3 TD differential.
On count back LHC beat Slammers. Slammers beat Ruffians. So it would be LHC winners and Slammers R/U.
On CAS differential it would be LHC and Ruffians 1&2.
Woodies would be safe in Prem on 22 and the other 4 drop.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2012 - 04:36 Reply with quote Back to top

For those interested in the SWWS's next season, apply to this group page (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=7357&p=members) by Wednesday. On Wednesday I will be revealing the draft list.

If you played last season and are not keen on continuing then send me a PM (but why would you, SWWS is awesome!)

Get into it!

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2012 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

The draft for Season XLIV has concluded.

The following submissions have been allocated the most preferred allowable race

• Nalavara was awarded Chaos Dwarf
  • coombz was awarded Orc

Build your teams guys and get into trialing. Remember to read the guide to ensure you know how things are run.

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2012 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Season XLIII Round 6 Axe:

Premiership Division
Tom v DL - Extension
Red v Erik - Extension
Cereal Revenge Conf
All Clear!
We Fink Wer Orks Conf
Bobs v gluke - Forfeit to Bobs
Vanguards Ark Conf
All Clear!
Manic Mammalians Reggies
Ice v Bel - Extension
almic v Quod - Forfeit to Quod
I-House Reggies
lolv v Dixon - Forfeit to lolv
JK v Transient - Forfeit to JK

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2012 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Olaf_the_Stout wrote:
Ok, simple scenario for the Memories of FUMBBLs Past. Beat the High Street Dandies in the final round of the season and we qualify for Prem.

Sounds so easy in theory, not so easy in practice!

Olaf the Stout

Woo!!! It was with a bit of Casualty luck (took out a ST4 Thrower and a Leaping AG5 Strip Baller early in the first half), but the Undead got the job done with a 2-1 win against Luo's High Elves.

If I've crunched the numbers correctly this means that the Memories are headed to Premier next season. Very Happy

Olaf the Stout
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2012 - 02:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a heads up, Zombie Madness will close after this weekend.

Monday 12th? I think. So get those last minute games in now!
Olaf_the_Stout

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2012 - 06:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like Premier could be a bit rough next season. The races look like this:

Staying up

Chaos Dwarf
Elf
Undead
Dwarf/Lizardman

Promoted

Dwarf/Dark Elf
Undead
Skaven/Chaos

The 4th promotion spot depends on a number of results. If the Dwarves and Dark Elves both win their final round matches then both will get promoted. If both of them draw then the Dwarves need to rely on Old Bugman's Chaos losing his final round match to get in.

My bet is that Premier looks something like this next season:

Chaos Dwarf
Elf
Undead x 2
Dwarf x 2
Dark Elf
Chaos

The 2 elves could be in for a world of pain, and the 2 Undead teams won't like the CD and Dwarven match ups much either.

Olaf the Stout
Tomay

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2012 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Firstly, Congratulations to Polemarch and the 44's for taking out the first title. They beat my team, the Soul Reapers in a one sided grand final.

Now we can look to next season, and it's set to be a beuty with the teams actually getting some skills. So let's talk about the draft:

Below is a list of the minor league players that are available for selection in this pre-seasons draft. Each team will be able to draft one player to add to their team. Everyone MUST send me a list of their preferences, either in this thread or via PM by Next Wednesday the 14th of March. This will also serve to indicate your desire to remain in the league. If you do not wish to participate next season, then don't submit a preference list. Preferences will be assigned based on last season’s results, going from last to first. New teams will get the first picks.

Any coaches who would like to join the SWWS for next season may do so and enter the draft. Apply with your team to the group page (link at bottom of post) and submit your draft picks either through PM or on this thread. You must do so by next tuesday the 13th of March. New teams will be given the first picks in the draft.

Draft Order:
New Teams
Savages
Badgers
Hammerheads
Pythons
Regulars
Fellowship
Pirates
Seraphim
Soul Reapers
44s

Jarl Wildheart
Frenzy, Juggernaught

Jarl, as one half of the remaining Wildheart brothers, is known for his all-out, smashmouth style of play. The Wildheart brothers have a reputation in the minor leagues for being fierce competitors and getting in the face of their opponents. Now they have the attention of the major leagues, it will be interesting to see how they perform as individuals.

Karl Wildheart
Frenzy, Sidestep

Karl, as one half of the remaining Wildheart brothers, is known for his all-out, smashmouth style of play. The Wildheart brothers have a reputation in the minor leagues for being fierce competitors and getting in the face of their opponents. Now they have the attention of the major leagues, it will be interesting to see how they perform as individuals.

Frigg Heavyfist
Mighty Blow

Although Frigg only managed to throw a few blocks due to his teams woeful performance, Frigg Heavyfist was able to remove an opposing player from the pitch on each occasion. He even managed to kill the other Wildheart brother.

Skadi Helfdarsson
Dodge, Sure Feet

Skadi was originally the seamstress for the minor league team The Bad Hobbits, when they ran out of players. Before he knew it Skadi was thrown into the action. He has since become famous in the lower leagues for his “wimpy” approach to the game, often slipping through the lines and into the backfield. During the whole of last season, Skadi didn’t hit the ground once! Apparently he doesn’t like getting his clothes dirty.

Adni Andersson
Sneaky Git, Dirty Player

Adni Andersson rightfully earned himself a reputation as the dirtiest player in the minor leagues. He finds himself compelled to kick other players on the ground, often using elaborate diversions to ensure he isn’t seen. Over the past two seasons he has booted a record 38 players without being sent off!

Gierst Battlehard
Thick Skull

Gierst Battlehard has certainly made a name for himself in the minors based on his toughness. He absorbed more blows than anyone last season, and spent a record amount of time on the ground but never left the pitch. Rumour has it that he hates nurses.

Frey Freki
Pro, Leader

One of the more experienced players in the minors. As the team captain, Frey Freki lead the minor league team, the Red Rockets, to victory last season with his professional conduct, guidance and a cool head.

Sigur “Daddy Sugar” Ericson
Sprint

The self proclaimed “Daddy Sugar” Sigur Ericson set the scene for pace last season in the minor leagues with blistering pace. It’s just a shame he spent the time in the clear posing for the ladies.

Alvis Talentman

In terms of raw talent, Alvis has it all. His coordination has developed over the past season to earn a reputation as one of the more talented players in the minor leagues. When it comes to ball handling he can do it all. What he really needs is someone to shape this ability and nurture his development.

Ulric The Hard
Block

Ulric knows how to block. He has impressed with his blocking ability in the minors this season and is expected to develop into a capable major league player.

Odin Varjark
Fend, Strip Ball

Odin’s ability on defense made him a star for his team, the Dirty Dingos. Somehow Odin always managed to pester the opponents for the ball, using his unique technique to dislodge the ball. It’s just a shame he hasn’t worked how to pick it up yet.

Mikel Surehands
Nerves of steel, Diving Catch

Talk about holding your nerve to catch a ball, Mikel is making a career from it. During the past season, the rookie managed to average 2 receptions per match in the worst team in the whole league. Often Mikel had to contend with being marked by multiple players while his team was outnumbered. Unfortunately, he didn’t score a touchdown. Who knows what he is capable of in a decent team?

Sigurd “The Shadow” Sturlusson
6338 Shadowing

Sigurd is a defensive genius. His ability to man-mark the oppositions biggest offensive threat has allowed his team, The Gergund Warlocks, to record the fewest touchdowns against in the 2nd division this past season.

If we have 11 or less next season, then we will use the same format as this season. If we have 12 or more for this season we may break the league up into two groups, with the top teams battling off in a grand final.

There are no rules changes at the moment, but I am open to suggestions if people have a serious idea that would enhance the league or can forsee problems. I would like to keep the league as 'normal' as possible, so rules that increase randomness or crazyness will not be considered (such as random skills, etc.). At the end of the day this is the league that backs up SWL and shall remain a competitive option for coaches who cant commit to a game each week in swl or who can commit to 3 games every two weeks and participate in both.

I had an awesome first season, I hope you guys enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next. Any questions, let me know.

Join in: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=7357&p=members

(warning: the above message was written in haste and may need editing later)[img][/img]

Last edited by Tomay on Mar 07, 2012 - 11:07; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: