43 coaches online • Server time: 16:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
uuni

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2011 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

uuni wrote:
I remember that someone mentioned that XGA (1024 x 768) is the minimum size. The accurate size was a couple of pixels smaller (perhaps 1023 x 760? I don't remember).

Inches don't matter, its the resolution that matters. More info on screen resolutions is on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_resolution

The physical size of the screen is not the correct measure: there are screens with bigger or smaller pixels (pixels per inch, ppi). Only the resolution matters in this case.

The common reason why many netbooks do not have enough pixels for FFB client is that they have screen size for HD 720 movies: 1280 x 720. 720 is too small for FFB, it cuts off the lower part of the screen. If you plan on getting a netbook or similar thing with 16:9 screen ratio (widescreen) instead of the "traditional" 4:3 (tv etc), you should get at least WXGA (1280 x 768) so that the height is enough for FFB.
Wallace

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2011 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I think most laptops these days will have sufficient resolution, although of course you would want to check. The smaller 'netbooks' generally don't have enough resolution.
Oswin

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2011 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Well Wallace my laptop ain't old but it's not to new and well i miss the lowest CM of the client. 2,56 cm = 1 inch if i remember correctly. My computer is not a netbook it's more like a half good laptop try to a gaming computer and it's a Acer. I'm not all that technical and i did not even know i had java before i started to play hare.

How do i change the resolution then??? Embarassed
uuni

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2011 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Oswin wrote:
How do i change the resolution then???
You may be able to change your virtual resolution or screen mode somewhere in your settings. Please ask about that from your IT-support. Some people have succesfully lengthened the size of a virtual desktop or something.

Technically your computer may have a maximum physical resolution for its display: if it is a led based display for example, you cannot split the leds in half - there is at most one pixel per led.
Oswin

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2011 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

oh well thx but i don't know what type of screen i have so.... but i'm gonna take my laptop with me to a friend today so i will hopefully have it solved. Can't make that IRC chat program working so that is why i take my computer with me and hopefully he know how to fix that reso too.

I have to say that i like FUMBBL more and more cus people are responding to stuff like this quite quickly and the admins in here are nice, active and fast so i guess i'l be here for some time playing.
Oswin

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2011 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

i already had the highest reso my computer can use and it is 1366 x 768 and i still miss the bottom half inch of the client.
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2011 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

The size matters if you want to actually be able to see what you are doing. Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2011 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst, best be safe, get a 20" inch screen that can support 1600x900 or higher.

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
uuni

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2011 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Oswin wrote:
i already had the highest reso my computer can use and it is 1366 x 768 and i still miss the bottom half inch of the client.
If the height is as Christer specified in this thread (768), you should make one or two changes to your environment:

1) Remove any task-bar / dock / thingamajig from either the bottom or top part of your screen. Usually the bar is draggable or can be configured some other way.

2) If you have on Windows or some other system a Java warning -label in the client window, you should disable that warning to get more screen space available. You can disable Java warning in the Java settings in you Control Panel or other configuration setting tool.

You may also find http://fumbbl.com/help:FFBHelp helpful.

Are these (1024 x 768), disable task-bar & java warning guides somewhere central available, or was this the correct place to ask? In the FFBhelp only the Java warning disabling seems to be mentioned?[/url]
Leilond

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2012 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I cannot see last row... that means I cannot see how many rerolls and apos I and my opponents have

In the help I found this istruction

Go to Control Panel -> Open Java -> Click on the Advanced Tab -> Click on the + Icon next to Secuity, then General -> Remove the tick from the box that reads 'Show sandbox warning banner' -> Click Apply then OK

But I really cannot find "Open Java" in my control Panel...
Windows 7 is my Sysop

Where do I find it?

Thanks in advance
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2012 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Look for Java, and open that application.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2012 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

It didn't worked... I have to move the windows bar to the right each time I play the game... not so big a problem
Ketsa

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2012 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Cant play on my netbook, and guys its the software that should be adaptable to the hardware, not the other was around.
Is it hard to display a smaller field for example ?
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2012 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes.
On1

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2012 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

i wonder if there is some thirdparty software that can shrink a window O_O
 Jump to: