43 coaches online • Server time: 18:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who is teh sexiest OBBA star?
The Duke
49%
 49%  [ 26 ]
The Duke
50%
 50%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 53

Russo

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2012 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

WTF....did I not just go on about OBBA's lack of footie-fluff??

Does no one listen to me anymore??

Hey whaddaya mean "Can anyone hear that noise?"...I am over here you muppets!!!

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
DragonsMaw

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2012 - 04:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I heard a breeze, did anyone else just get chilly?

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2012 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

DragonsMaw wrote:
I think I heard a breeze, did anyone else just get chilly?

..and so wafted the fetid stench of pythrr's troll-sized undies as he passed through OBBA Smile

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz

BiggieB is my idol
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2012 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

-- passes through? passes through?!!

I never leave, as there is so much to do.....

Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2012 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh...sorry!!!

Its just that your on so many blogs and forum pages that I suspected you only spent an infintissimal amount of time..errr...gracing...us with your presance!

BiggieB is my idol
DragonsMaw

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2012 - 03:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Grace? In the OBBA? But do forgive me trying to further dilute the footy fluff... I just feel like I lack the long term knowledge to pick a real team, and using made up, or grossly misplaced Football Manager players sometimes seems cheesy Very Happy.

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2012 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

OBBA CUP SECOND ROUND MATCHUPS (updated)

By bracket:

[1] Sera's undead vs. Charlton (also undead)

In this battle of the corpses, it looks like the spanish have the edge, especially since the inducements only add to 140, and thus just short of a wizzie. Then again, that does mean (probably) a chainsaw, and if gjopie gets lucky with that, it could cause all sorts of unholy fun!

[2] A battle of the newcomers! Two fresh Pro Elf teams with only 10 TV to separate them. As such, a hard one to pick, but Elverton's 4st catcher might just make the difference. But this one will come down to avoiding the 1s.

[3] Blocka Jun (1310 lizzies) vs Glassjaw Strangers (1800 nurgs)

Tricky this one. The nurgs are strong, with a couple of meaty warriors leading their line, but don;t pack the clawpomb. The lizzies look outmatched, but with speed, a wizzie, and some stars (490 inducements...) they have a real chance here if they DON'T ALL DIE!

[4] Tottenham vs Nico's Beitar Jerusalem (Necros)

Double stripball woodies with decent inducements (650k) vs double killer wolf necros. This is down to how long the wolfs last and how many elfs they eat. If the woodies can keep their WDs alive, they have a shot here.

[5] Already played: FC Kaiserslaughtering

[6] Battle of the beasts: Reavers vs Arden Villa. Reavers get 300k or so of inducements, but have to face a fully developed clawpomber and his claw/mb friends. This could go badly. I guess to comes down to (a) how many orcs leave the pitch, and (b) whether the wizzie works.

[7] Hornhits vs TBA (1st rd extension granted til Wed 14 March, 2100 bbtime).

[8] USA Rats vs Anflied Anvils. The dorfs have 120k inducements, but the rats have a decent OTT option. The question here seems to be 'how fast will the rats leave the pitch', but if the dorfs make a single ball handling mistake, they may soon find them selfs a couple of TDs behind... Gonna be a fun one to watch.

Good luck everyone! And remember that Rd 2 Deadline is Monday 19th.
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2012 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Come on... bring on the next victim! Smile

Oh, hang on, that's usually me! Very Happy

First round game was very tough vs Cyrus-Havoc. I suspected it would have been fairer to go to OT, but my luck kicked in and Cyrus-Havoc felt the pain of nuffle.

There's no such thing as a sure thing in BloodBowl!
gjopie

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2012 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:

[1] Sera's undead vs. Charlton (also undead)

In this battle of the corpses, it looks like the spanish have the edge, especially since the inducements only add to 140, and thus just short of a wizzie. Then again, that does mean (probably) a chainsaw, and if gjopie gets lucky with that, it could cause all sorts of unholy fun!

Well, the chainsaw didn't cause too much damage, but it did keep the st6 mummy out for the whole game, and probably earnt Charlton the surprise 2-0 victory to put them into the quarter-finals.

In fact, the result was so unexpected that Carlos Itgar, star ghoul from Real Sociedead, decided to transfer teams mid-match!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2012 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Real out! Reavers out!

What is this, the EURO Cup?

Well done to all those who have made the 3rd round this far, and good luck to those still to play there matches.

Meanwhile, in the League Cup, there remain two second round matches to play, with much on the line.

FORZA OBBA!

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2012 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

On a brief, bored, wander through the website, I note there are now two coaches trying to overtake my three titles! This cannot stand! Even though I'm still winning (since I did it first Razz), it's a bit tight now!

Who's running this party these days? Put me on the waiting list! Wink
DragonsMaw

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2012 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I smiled when I read this. Even alt-tabbed back to my video game.... Then I went wait... That puts me in a division with Goo, possibly as soon as next season... I VOTE NO!!! KEEP HIM AWAY!!!

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2012 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Mwhahaha! Lemmie in! Wink
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2012 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Goo, meet DM. DM, meet Goo.

Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2012 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

My poor fractured ego...