31 coaches online • Server time: 11:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Cowbell

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2004 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Can someone suggest the best start for CDs? I am an old-time BB player, but when I played I never got a chance to do Chaos Dwarfs! At that time I don't think they had the figures even! Thanks!
Glomp

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2004 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Checkout the userguide! Razz

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2004 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I am far from an expert on CD play... but I can tell you what pi**es me off about them when my orcs play them (and I do consider myself an expert Orc player)...

1. Developed Hobgoblins: The teams where the hobs are well groomed: blodgers, surehands, sidestep etc. are far more difficult to stop than the Bulls only offence based teams. Plus, having a hob able to lay the smack down in the backfield is a necessity. Those CDs are immobile. If all they have are 2 bulls with 50 spps each, my strat just got very simple. Ain't av 8 on an expensive player a beautiful thang.

2. Break Tackle on Bulls: d'uh! Find it more annoying when I'm on offence than when they are.

3. Stand firm CD blockers. Cause havoc with me cages and with AV 9 i can't reliably lay the boot down.

4. Trolls: curse thier unbreakable hides! At least I can kill/maim/KO minotaurs.

5. DPs on a hob or two. Considering how hard it is to get games with CDs, this may not be an option. But having a dedicated kicker on a team where you get a few guaranteed 2D blocks a turn is lethal.

6. Hob flood: the more hobs you have the less likely I will be able to grind you down into immobility. I use the "blitz a skink a turn" mentality when playing CDs.

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

As a pretty new guy, I'm finding the setup in the user guide really is working well. My RL games I bought a Mino and shirked on FF, RRs and hobbos and paid dearly for it.

Jump to: