58 coaches online • Server time: 22:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Calthor

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2012 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The concept of this team/thread is blatantly stolen from Kalminael, with additional inspiration from the recent minmax/TV-efficiency threads, and of course, this thread.

The Pandemonium Doctrine is looking for the FUMBBL community to adopt players. Unlike Kalminael's team, we are possibly taking it even further. Here are the rules.

Each coach who will post in this thread will have the possibility to 'buy' one player and to become his godfather. As long as the player lives, this godfather will be responsible for his career choices. I do reserve the right to hire and fire at will.

The rules:
1) One adopted player per coach.
2) The godfather chooses the name of the player. Please be aware that the Pandemonium Doctrine is an evilish team. We accept demons, devils, rogues, scoundrels, wizards, death knights, etcetera. Most players will have to fit in the mould of the 'Marauder' though. (We do accept the other players at this point.)
3) The godfather provides a Player Picture and is responsible for the player's Biography. This is required - I want all players to have a bio from the very start. It does not have to be extensive, but it has to be there. Note that I can make the Player Picture myself, but you still have to provide the actual picture.
4) When a godfathered player skills up, I'll ask his godfather what to do, so please don't adopt a player if you are not regularly on FUMBBL. On occasion, I might ask for other kinds of input, either by PM or in this thread.
5) If the player dies or retires, his godfather is free to be the godfather for a new player (or wait on the waiting list, if necessary).

The Team.

PLEASE PROVIDE ALL INFORMATION (PIC, BIO, NAME) BY PM.

The Pandemonium Doctrine is planning to regularly enter Tournaments (Scheduled Smacks, Minors, Majors, you name it).

Note also that the decision to play Chaos Pact is a very conscious one: I want a diverse team. I want killers, sackers, throwers, supporters as well as weird players. I want to develop naturally, and have an intensely diverse range of players.

The Doctrine will also deliberately seek out legendary opponents: Sleeper In Metropolis, Hellbound Charioteers, Low Few, Agility Monsters, etcetera.

I will give regular updates, and match reports for any kind of 'special' match.

Last edited by Calthor on Jun 05, 2013 - 16:07; edited 9 times in total
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2012 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I will be a godfather Very Happy

Name: Former Underworld King XVI
Ruled the underworld for several days until he got tired of it. Boring job, too much paper stamping. So he decided to travel the earth thin, but soon realized that too bothersome to travel alone. The Pandemonium Doctrine was looking for new players and what better is there to be able to travel in good company and be able to kill people without anyone complaining or follow you because they want to do you harm.

There you have it.
Araznaroth

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2012 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

PM sent!;D
This means another team to follow and spec soon!
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2012 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Player submited Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2012 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in it Smile

I'll send you informations later, just keep me a spot Very Happy
Saikyo

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2012 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Very fun concept... PM Sent!
Relssum

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2012 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Reserving a spot, PM sent.
Calthor

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2012 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

You're all in! Very Happy
6 spots left at the moment of typing.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2012 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice one... will for sure think about a player as soon as I've got more time (or an idea strikes me, which will probably happen earlier).

And you mentioned the Monsters as a "legendary opponent". Wow! This should go into the teams' annals somewhere. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2012 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool idea. I like the concept of the team as a bunch of individual madmen - it could make for some great fluff, and we always need more BB fluff.

If there is still room, please reserve me a spot while I get my thinking cap on for a player! Cool
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2012 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Can I reserve a spot?

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
CavSgtBob

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2012 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

If there's still room, Col-Jaron Vaarn is applying to the team.

Children of the Vaarn clan are everywhere in the lands of the Border Princes, though rarely are they as infamous as Col-Jaron Vaarn.
A lover of Blood Bowl all his life, Col-Jaron took to the game like a natural. His off-field theatrics were entertained for a time, as all Blood Bowl players have their eccentricities, but after the incident with the bull and three cheerleaders from a visiting halfling team, Col-Jaron became a free agent--free, so long as he avoids certain law enforcers near his homeland. Fortunately, PD seems willing to overlook his extracurricular activities, and Col-Jaron is only too happy to keep that arrangement.
Araznaroth

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2012 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

From the look of it this is gonna boost the ticket sales. Goblin scalpers have been caught selling forged tickets allready! Make sure you get yours via official channels! Very Happy
Calthor

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2012 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

All spots are now filled. I am taking submissions for the reserve list though, so if you're still interested, let me know.

I still need name, pic and bio from Rabe and Overhamsteren, still a bio from Kalminael, and a pic from CavSgtBob. But I'm sure I'll get all of that very soon, thanks folks! Twisted Evil

If I haven't reacted to you personally by PM, let me just say: Thanks for joining, and welcome to the team! I hope you'll have a good time as a godfather!
As soon as the team is ready, we'll be signing up for a Royal Rookie Rumble. We'll be ill-equiped for it as a team, but it's a good way of getting started.

Araznaroth wrote:
From the look of it this is gonna boost the ticket sales. Goblin scalpers have been caught selling forged tickets allready! Make sure you get yours via official channels! Very Happy

Damn those goblins! There hasn't even been a confirmed match yet!
Rabe

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2012 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

From me? I haven't submitted anything but interest yet and won't do so the next days or weeks, I'm afraid. Don't wait for me!

Jump to: