30 coaches online • Server time: 11:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nekross

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2012 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

The issue has been rationally resolved, only the obstinate or those unable to comprehend will continue to disagree.

Hail mary Pass(HMP) is a skill used during a pass action. When HMP is declared it triggers the Pass Block (PB) skill. PB players have only 3 legal destinations: either in the tackle zone of the thrower, tackle zone of the catcher or in the empty target square.

Let the coding begin Smile

Last edited by Nekross on Apr 22, 2012 - 01:18; edited 1 time in total
zakatan

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2012 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

afaik HMP can be used with bombs, and throwing bombs is not a pass action. That pretty much messes up your reasoning.

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2012 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Nekross wrote:
The issue has been rationally resolved, only the obstinate will continue to disagree.

Hail mary Pass(HMP) is a skill used during a pass action. When HMP is declared it triggers the Pass Block (PB) skill. PB players have only 2 legal destinations: either in the tackle zone of the thrower or in the target square.

Let the coding begin Smile

I have just read parts of this thread, there is to much madness going on to read it all.

This is qouted part is almost true, except for one part.
Pass block allows you to place a TZ on the thrower or the catcher or an empty square that is targeted. A player standing in the targeted square is considered catcher.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2012 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Right, i messed up there.
Quote:
A legal destination puts the player in a position to attemt an interception, an empty square that is target of the pass, or with his tackle zone on the thrower or the catcher.

My eyes failed to see the note about the catcher behind that little or. I still think we should wait for an official ruling if that is possible.
jimimothybodles

Post 18 Posted: Apr 22, 2012 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

fluff-wise... real HMPs go way high.... this would give a player plenty of time to get to where the ball is going. pass block should be allowed. heck EVERYONE should get a free pass block style move on a HMP! just sayin.. fluff-wise..

dode74

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2012 - 04:21 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
afaik HMP can be used with bombs, and throwing bombs is not a pass action. That pretty much messes up your reasoning.
Covered by the skill description of Bombardier:
"A coach may choose to have a Bombardier who is not Prone or Stunned throw a bomb instead of taking any other Action with the player. This does not use the team's Pass Action for the turn."
And specified for HMP/Bomb in the same skill description:
"The bomb is thrown using the rules for throwing the ball (including weather effects and use of Hail Mary Pass)"
Exception covered Wink
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2012 - 06:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Lakrillo wrote:
Pass block allows you to place a TZ on the thrower or the catcher or an empty square that is targeted. A player standing in the targeted square is considered catcher.

Which is exactly what I stated many pages ago (but it got lost in all the madness!).
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2012 - 07:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
(but it got lost in all the madness!)

That's how we roll on Fumbbl though isn't it? Cool
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2012 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

/bollocks.

I'm happy with however Kalimar see it.

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2012 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

is it really worth making it a coding nightmare for Kalimar? This situation will never happen anyway

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2012 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

been my fault for asking in the first place Wink
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2012 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I appreciate it's rare, it's lame, and it might be an arse.

But, if there is a correct way of doing it, it's worth doing right.

The odds aren't that long of Sidewinder being in a game. As for HMP, it's obviously rubbish, but someone will take it. Someone suggested a Pro Wardancer the other day, after all.
johnnih

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2012 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Hell yeah, HMP is being taken. Missing HMP is the reason I don't play slann yet.

It has other uses at well that people aren't aware off. It should be seen on some teams.

So yes, let's do it right. I believe consensus is gravitating towards HMP and PB working together. We have all but an "official" answer from Ian/Tom.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2012 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

There you go. Someone will be silly enough to take, erm, will see the unseen uses of HMP. Wink

(And there are other ex-committee members than those two who would do fine, they're just less inclined to do internet stuff)

Last edited by Purplegoo on Apr 22, 2012 - 11:06; edited 1 time in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2012 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh goo, you noob, Pro WDs are l33t.

Jump to: