Joined: Sep 22, 2006
the refactored FFB server (version 0.8.0) has so much new code at its core, that a thorough testing is needed before releasing it to the public. For this purpose we've created a new FFB Test division that runs on the new server parallel to the regular divisions running on the old one. Access to this new division is limited to invitation only. Applications go to a separate thread.
All games in this new division are TEST games, meaning that you can play around with all test commands (see help within the client), modifying rolls, adding or removing skills, changing stats, etc. No game results will be uploaded however, so teams do not progress. Christer may provide some way to edit teams later on.
What to look out for:
- is the new functionality working properly? (Auto-Login, HMP + Diving Catch, Fan Favourite).
- are special play situations working properly according to the rules? (Fouling, Multiblock, Throw-Team-Mate, interaction of different skills)
- is a bug you've reported for the old version still reproducable?
How to report any problems:
1) check if a bug like yours has been reported
2) read the rules and understand them - make sure this behaviour is really a bug
3) reproduce the bug and describe the bug and how to reproduce it in a bug report. If a bug cannot be properly reproduced it's very hard to fix!
The sticky How to report Bugs contains further information.
The proper bug reporting section for the FFB test division is FFB Test.
The IRC channel #ffbtest is dedicated to the FFB Test Division and a place to discuss and hang out.
Thank you for your support!