50 coaches online • Server time: 23:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_Murker

Post   Posted: May 24, 2012 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

So I bought my 4 year old some of those Star Wars Fighter Pods today, and the little rubber figures got me thinking. (OK, maybe they were for me. He can touch them though)

Why do the storm troopers wear the white armor? Galaxy wide, in every movie, when a brother takes one from a laser blast, he goes down. Even if he takes an Ewok rock to the chest, he goes down. No evidence of the armor doing jack against anything.

If it's not armor, what is it? It can't be about the helmet hiding the face, right? There're all clones. They all look the same anyway. Maybe Vader just hates the look of Jango Fett's face.. but why the scratchy suit?
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: May 24, 2012 - 07:08 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
So I bought my 4 year old some of those Star Wars Fighter Pods today, and the little rubber figures got me thinking. (OK, maybe they were for me. He can touch them though)

Why do the storm troopers wear the white armor? Galaxy wide, in every movie, when a brother takes one from a laser blast, he goes down. Even if he takes an Ewok rock to the chest, he goes down. No evidence of the armor doing jack against anything.

If it's not armor, what is it? It can't be about the helmet hiding the face, right? There're all clones. They all look the same anyway. Maybe Vader just hates the look of Jango Fett's face.. but why the scratchy suit?

All though they were originally all clones, they weren't all clones of Jango Fett. By the time the Galactic Civil War began in earnest they were heavily supplanted by clones based on a variety of templates. (Jango's clones became a minority). In the end it was even opened up to non-clones, both men AND women.

Learn your history n00b ;P (added ";P" as suggested by PurpleGoo to show that it's just a friendly taunt)

Post   Posted: May 24, 2012 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the history lesson. I assure you I would have been cool with noob without the smiley. But you knew that, smart guy. You did that because you wanted to, smiley luvver.

So what do you think is the story with the paper-like armor?

Post   Posted: May 24, 2012 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
So what do you think is the story with the paper-like armor?

It's Hollywood magic. In real life Stormtrooper armor would withstand a lot more than Ewok sticks and stones. The armor consists of 18 pieces, and together they completely encompasses the body, protecting the trooper from projectiles and kinetic energy weapons as well as environment.