39 coaches online • Server time: 01:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
HighandMighty

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2003 - 04:55 Reply with quote Back to top

A friend and I were trying to get our first JBB game going but appear to be doing something wrong. We each tried setting up several times alternating who was acting as server. We tried hosting directly and through the proxy server. We tried using 8080, 8081, and 8085 as the port #'s. Perhaps someone might know what we were doing incorrectly.

We would each open the proxy server and start it on port 8080, with the message popping in that the proxy was started on port 8080.

Then I started the JBB program, selected server, left the host blank, entered the port as 8080 and the name as 'rich'

The chat window in the game then reports:

localhost/127.0.0.1
Server trying connection...
Socket[addr=localhost/127.0.0.1,port=8080,localport=2306]
Connected as server to game 'rich'.
Waiting for client.

I then see in the proxy window that: Server connected as game 'rich'

My friend then, with the proxy server also open and started on 8080 then started JBB, entered no host, the port as 8080, and 'rich' as the name of the proxy and started. He would get the same message as above except it said he was connected as client and waiting for server.

Then nothing. We also tried having him connect entering localhost/127.0.0.1 as the host, as well as just 127.0.0.1

If I tried to host directly, I unchecked proxy, entered my ip (tried theman/192.168.1.103 and 192.168.1.103 and 138.88.174.169), port 8080 and host game and would then get this in the chat window:

Server waiting for connection.
Server opening socket.

And again, nothing.

The only non-standard harware I have is a Linksys router but I can't figure that's the problem.

If someone recognizes what stupid thing were doing here, please let me know. We don't appear to have the IQ to figure it out ourselves. Thanks alot.
ShadowTroll

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2003 - 05:21 Reply with quote Back to top

If you use the proxy then you should write fumbbl.com as the host and use port 8081.

Your problems with using your own ip could be caused by firewalls if you have them. That's why I can't host in anything other than the proxy...
Maniac0301

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2003 - 05:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah easiest way to connect is to use the fumbbl.com proxy. To use this both of you must input the following

Host: fumbbl.com
Port: 8081
Proxy: Any name you want usually the name of one of the players.

You do not need to run the proxy program to use this. You only need to run the blood bowl java client.
HighandMighty

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2003 - 05:34 Reply with quote Back to top

BINGO! Entering the host as fumbbl.com was what we were missing. Now after some sleep, we can get our first game in tommorrow. WOOHOO!!!

Thanks for the help.
Christer

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2003 - 05:37
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah. What you did was that you both started individual proxy servers. Like the people above here say, you should connect to a third-party (non-firewalled) proxy server instead. fumbbl.com runs a proxy server at port 8081 which you are free to use.

-- Christer
 Jump to: