38 coaches online • Server time: 17:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christer

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2012 - 20:50
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I've finally ended up getting the new LFG system I described in a blog entry some time ago into a working state.

Because of the inherently distributed nature of the system, I need help from you guys to test it.

In order to give it a try, you need to do the following:

1. Go to https://fumbbl.com/p/lfg2
2. Hold your SHIFT key and click the reload button on your browser. This is an important step to ensure you have the latest version of the page.
3. Find a match! The system itself should be fairly self-explanatory.
4. Post bug reports to this thread. Remember to include what browser and OS you are using (including versions) and if possible ways to reproduce the problem.

Note that you are expected to play the games you accept and start, so don't start games you don't intend to play.

Thank you for your help!

PS: I've written a quick draft of a help page for the Gamefinder which should explain how it works.
Astarael

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2012 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

/me likes this post.

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2012 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks great.

Maybe a link on the current game finder for the beta for those who don't wander into the forums?

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2012 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

and may be a big announcement at the top that the LFG2 page is in beta and should be treated as such, instead of chewing out the staff when things don't work properly?....

because that never happens with the FFB client Wink

with that being said....the page looks great christer Smile

--j

ImageImage
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2012 - 21:15
FUMBBL Staff

when a new coach comes in it switches around ultra fast. it broke my eyes when 4 coaches got on the same time.. otherwise NICE!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2012 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Really good looking thing. Look forward to having a go this weekend.
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2012 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Confused Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Exclamation Question Idea Arrow Neutral Mr. Green

I have become overcome with the full spectrum of emotions.

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2012 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Idea the Ability to take teams off the list you dont want to play against? would get rid of some clutter?
Christer

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2012 - 21:37
FUMBBL Staff

Click the red decline button and the matchup will disappear for a certain amount of time (currently 2 minutes).
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2012 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that might need to be changed, I did that and the issue is if you have 3-4 teams on there, they start reloading before you make it through your list and it makes it tough to look at teams and get rid of ones you dont want to play. Just my Two Cents so far
Azure

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2012 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks neat - i checked 3 matches, then one check disappeared after a few minutes - I am guessing that is a feature not a bug.

Looks neat. I like being able to scale the text. Also i did one team, then hit change teams and it remembered what i had done initially - looks good. Is it actually working and can launch games?
dode74

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2012 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

That's really nice.
Azure

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2012 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Was in LFG2, made a new team...new team does not show up on the LFG2 page even after I refresh it.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2012 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed, it certainly looks pretty. And it looks like getting a game will be quicker/easier. So all good. But, offering (hopefully) constructive criticism, the summary that appears in the yellow box after clicking the 'i' button seems less useful than actually seeing the positionals a team has, which stats, who has them, i.e. all the stuff on the team's page. And it appears that if you want to see the team page, you need to copy the coach's name, paste it into search, find them, then find and click through to the team's page. So I guess it's good for [B] style not-really-bothered-what-I'm-playing-against matches. Not so much for [R] or [L]. Or am I just revealing my latent cherrypicker side by saying that? And no, it's not a bug, and I do realise this is just a beta so maybe that's already set to change. Just thought I'd mention it...
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2012 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I know it's bugs requested, not feedback, but alas.. Looks great! I'd love to see the coach's name and team name appear as links so I can check them out easily in more detail. 1 claw, 2 mighty blow and 3 block skills spread over 3 or 4 players is pretty different team from 1 CLAWPOMB player plus support.

Jump to: