12 coaches online • Server time: 06:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Macavity

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2012 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I haven't quite hit my time limit yet, and will get the others done, but I thought I'd give you a start (going alphabetically). Not sure of naming conventions for some races, open to suggestions there. If you are Christer, all criticism is welcome, if you are not, keep it to "can we include a bit about..." as opposed to re-writing them all on me.

Amazon
"The Blood Bowl pitch is a lot like the jungle, girls. Things can jump out and grab you, and though you can fight them off, it's simpler in the end to dodge around them. Stay free, be quick, and win!"

-(name needed), Amazon Blitzer

Chaos
"Though our gods' minions are many, the successful Chaos coach must encourage as many of his players as possible to accept the favour of the gods. The demonic claws, legs, and tentacles they gain will only aid you in adding further opponents to the sacrificial altar."

-Vnz'Lembardee, Keeper of the Secrets of Bloodbowl

Chaos Dwarves
"Hold close to your brother dwarves, allow the blessed Bull Centaurs of Hashut their glory, and use the slaves for anything dis-tasteful or dangerous."

-Pre-Game speech of virtually every Chaos Dwarf team in history.

Chaos Pact
"Make your opponents bleed as you mesmerize the bloating corpses of your complicated plans of victory in decay of joy in plague secret pain love Monsters QWjkkkggghk!!!"

-First and final prophecy of the oracle of the Pact of Chaos gods (his head then exploded, spewing purple blood which blossomed into poisonous mushrooms)

Dark Elves
"The lesser races try to keep up, but your inherent superiority should keep the ball well away from them at all times. If any opposing players seem troublesome, slip a dagger 'tween their ribs. Remember, stay out of the witches' way and cheerleaders make great slaves!"

-Alexander Lurkman, legendary dark elf player

Dwarves
"If one of your brothers has the ball, form up and hit anyone who comes close. If the enemy has the ball, hit them. If the one with the ball is too far away, hit the nearest one. By half-time their shouldn't be more than half of them standing, or the lot of you will need be slayers to regain your honour!"
-(dwarf name) Barak Varr Brawlers coach

Elves
"One hardly sees how these brutes could touch us, let alone stop us. A few graceful throws and the game will be well in hand."
-Narcissus VainGlorn, Elf Thrower

Goblins
"Oy, Troll! Front! FRONT! Don' let go dat fanatic yet! Hey you, Loony! Saw dat guy wit da spike if he get near me! Ready? Good..... anyone 'member to feed Troll?"

-Rokskul Wipgut, bravest goblin in history

Halfling
"Well, lads, it's game time. Try not to die. Or break anything important. You know. Eat a good lunch before kick-off and I'll pay for a lunch after the game to anyone who scores, ok? Be careful."
-Merry Frostybuns, team sponsor for the Fierce Frostybuns

High Elves
"I can already run, throw, dodge, and ball-handle better than your opponents, the trick to this game is staying clean! That's why I wash with Eltherion detergent!"
-Eanir Aesiron, Blitzer and detergent spokeman

Humans
"Look, you gotta all do your jobs. Blitzers get that ball carrier! Throwers, toss that ball! Catchers, score! Linemen.... hang in there!"
-Eldrick Gipper, Brightside Crusaders coach

Last edited by Macavity on Aug 12, 2012 - 04:45; edited 5 times in total
krysskroz

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2012 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

DE name - Venorik maybe? It is from the Drow dictionary and means silent.
Dwarf Name - Guldin or Ruildon or something

I like them so far, my only issue is that they all sound like the same person. Maybe add a bit of lisps and shortened words specific for each race just for some extra flavor. Good job, its a big undertaking

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2012 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

How about famous fumbbl players for the names?

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2012 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeah good idea, maybe grab the top star from the list for each race, or the coach's name who runs that team. Just make sure to grab the top star that has a player name that is fitting for the race. No OU812 or Fluffy McKillerpants on the team fluff pages.

Last edited by krysskroz on Aug 12, 2012 - 01:26; edited 1 time in total
Rabe

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2012 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Dwarves could add: "Play like dwarves. Don't play like the Monsters!" Wink

I like the idea with the coach names, but as references at best. Most of our names really don't fit the universe like they are. And since it's in character, it should fit fluff-wise. Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2012 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Bonecrusher the wight for undead Very Happy
Macavity

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2012 - 02:50 Reply with quote Back to top

krysskroz, I may re-write a bit for flavour. Expect it more obvious in Orcs, Gobbos, and such. Heading back in, now.

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2012 - 04:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Alexander Lurkman would be perfect for the dark elves. And his name even has the much vaunted "K" in it.
Kilowog1

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2012 - 06:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome post. I have nothing to contribute more than that Smile

Co-Host of BOTH DOWN:The #1 Blood Bowl Podcast... that you can find at Both Down!
Or on Twitter @BothDown
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2012 - 07:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I really like where the Chaos Pact one is going Macavity.

Is there a rush though?

I'd like to challenge harvestmouse and PainState to give one of the races a try. This a task that is, in my humblest opinion, too varied for one poor soul alone to undertake.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2012 - 08:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Seeing as how you're going in alphabetical order, I'll toss out one for one of my favorite teams that you probably haven't gotten to yet...the Vampires. (Read the following with a heavy Romanian accent):

"Da Vampires is all. Da 'umans is drubbish...bud we need dem. Expend da dralls as nedessary, but dry to prodecd dem if possible. Da Vampires will do da drest."
-Coach Dragos 'Ironcollar' Radu

Last edited by Sigmar1 on Aug 12, 2012 - 19:56; edited 1 time in total
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2012 - 08:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Fluff-wise, the elf ones are good, but wouldn't the High Elf be the snooty one, as an aristocrat, & the Pro Elf the one doing detergent endorsements for some extra cash so he could keep playing, being less well-funded? You could even swap their names, Eanir for the regular elf, Narcissus VainGlorn for the High Elf, to further emphasise that side of things...

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2012 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx, not really around today, but you are right. Will swap.