45 coaches online • Server time: 11:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
zakatan

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2012 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The FC:ME II is currently recruiting. Check the group page for calendar and details.

Many coaches have a lot of [L]eague teams that sit idle in ours teams list. These teams don't get retired, but yet they don't get any games since the league they belonged to finished.

Some coaches are also tournament junkies, but alas, one game lost means the tournament is over. And that is not enough.

Some just like to prove that they are the bestest around.

If you are any of those, then the FUMBB[L] Cup: Massive edition is for you! The tournament will be a straight KO tournament, and will accept ALL tams that apply. No restrictions will apply whatsoever. No TV limits, and coaches can bring as many teams as they wish. Of course, grandfathered teams of any kind are welcome too. The only requirement is that they belong to the [L] division.

If two teams coached by the same person are drawn together, the coach gets to decide which one makes it to the next round.

Get a good share of games for your old teams, and prove you are the best by bringing two of your teams to the final!

The FUMBB[L] Cup: Massive Edition II will start on November 10th.

Apply your teams here

The FUMBB[L] Cup: Massive edition will have 10 days rounds for the first 3 rounds, and from then on, rounds will be weekly. For the whole calendar check the group page.

Last edited by zakatan on Oct 23, 2013 - 00:51; edited 4 times in total
Rabe

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2012 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Hm, too bad a pretty solid dwarf team of mine is still stuck in the Re-Congregate Cup... What deadline do you have in mind for applications? And is there a group page yet?

Also too bad that playing outside the league is against BB7s' rules. Though an ex-BB7s team could join of course. Hmmmmm.

Edit:
Found the group page behind the logo! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2012 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

The banner links to the group page Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2012 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you going to be using any of the new/old house rules?

It might be useful to have something that sets this apart from the official Majors.
Other than the 'enter as many teams as you like' which seems to be asking for trouble in a KO. Wink

O[L]C teams are free to enter once they have completed their scheduled commitments.

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2012 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

There was already a tournament with this format (the Re-Congregate cup), which worked fairly well. I shamelessly stole the idea from there (thanks Dalfort!).

I didn't think of the house rules. I'm afraid the new ones won't be available straight after 1.0 goes live, though. I might look into it if there's some demand.

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2012 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds a bit like the old League/Unranked Cup.

As many teams as you like puts me off a bit. I can imagine people putting too many teams in and not being able to get the matches done. Two teams is a compromise but still different.

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2012 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I will be nudging the game through that is holding us up. Then Rabe will be free from the Cup as reigning Champion (as yet unconfirmed!)

I wish you all the best with the task zakatan.

Take care Dalfort

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2012 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Wait, what? The next match is still only the semi-final, so I'm far from being the champion of anything (besides dwelfball, maybe - though I'm sure others would do better)! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2012 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

first applicants are coming in

we need more!

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2012 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll try to get my Congregation game(s) done asap and might enter then. Smile

Edit:

Or should I enter even less experienced dwarves with two more great troll slayers in the making? Hmmm...

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2012 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Please, please, please could we be allowed to transfer teams for [R] or even [B].

I've got a stack of elf teams that could do with moving over.

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2012 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I have applied 4 teams and have asked the SWL to represent en masse!
zakatan

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2012 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
I have applied 4 teams and have asked the SWL to represent en masse!

\o/ nice!

I think that 4 teams is a good compromise. More than that could start to be messy! Depending on how many coaches apply, of course.

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2012 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Some MASSIVE applicants join the event already! Bring me moar!

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2012 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, multiple teams could get silly.

e: I enter 10 teams. the deadline is a week. i have to arrange and find time to play all 10 games in a week.

perhaps there should be a limit?

Jump to: