19 coaches online • Server time: 02:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cowhead

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2012 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like my ogre teams kit to be black in their Team Bio, is that possible? Or does the kit have to be Red or Blue?

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=682830
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2012 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Easy to do. Download the icons and change them in shop or gimp or something similar. Then upload them to the site and link them to your pages.

Lot's of people used to do it, but as the new client doesn't take custom icons at the moment, it isn't a big thing right now.
cowhead

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2012 - 04:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks I'll give that a try.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2012 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Easy to do. Download the icons and change them in shop or gimp or something similar. Then upload them to the site and link them to your pages.

Lot's of people used to do it, but as the new client doesn't take custom icons at the moment, it isn't a big thing right now.

But will the option to upload custom kits for in-game play be coming back? That would be rad if it did.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2012 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Hopefully, yes. Somebody kick Christer!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2012 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

For the opponent's team as well; remember. Wink

The ideal would be input of whatever icons you want for your own screen, but your opponent / specs can revert to 'standard' for any team. That way, everyone will stay happy. This might be the one advantage the old client had over what we had now which is 99% perfect.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2012 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

The current client can handle custom icons from what I understand. I think it is site changes that have to be made to handle the custom icons. I imagine it is a fair amount of work for Christer to do though.

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2012 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

All right. I figured that I would kick this question to you guys.

I've been playing around with the icons and kit colors of a team that I created:

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=715229

From the team photo, I cropped out and enlarged each player to create their portraits:

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=yearbook&team_id=715229

All of this was done in MS Paint. I downloaded the .gif images from the site, opened them in MS Paint, Copy and pasted the image into a new paint file(waking full use of all colors available, seeing as how the initially opening up the file in MS Paint denies you the ability to change the colors, something about the format change from .gif to .png), and saved said file as .png file, calling it a "template." From there, I edited the files as I say fit, and uploaded the pictures into my gallery.

Here is where my questions begin.

Most of the .gif files, when opened in MS Paint( Paint from here on out) for the first time have a bright pink background, which on the website, is transparent, and just shows up as whatever background color it's suppose to be. I converted the file to .png, leaving the new pink background, hoping that it would stay transparent. Needless to say, it didn't. I painted the background white, which worked wonders for what I did kit and team photo-wise(except for Lola) but now that I was attempting to upload the templates onto Imageshack, I realized that the white background is going to produce a square box around the image. Is there any way to preserve the transparency? Is it a file format issue?

Secondly, citing Cowhead's team profile:

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=682830

First off, it's pretty awesome. But looking at his causality list, I'm assuming that he went through and created appropriate color kits for each player that he killed, uploaded it to a hosting site, and then made use of the code to display the image, and link it to the bio of the actual player killed. Is this correct?

Also, when I attempted to upload my team to ImageShack, the files that were crystal clear .png files, 28x28 pixs, became horribly distorted and lost all clarity. Any thoughts or recommendations on how to prevent this?

Thanks,

eTl
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2012 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

1. You can't do transparent backgrounds with paint. I use Gimp, which is free.
2. If you inspect the URL of Cowhead's images, you will see that he uploads them to here and then adds the necessary code.
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2012 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

On imageshack have you remembered to pick 'do not resize' when uploading?

But yeah upload here on fumbbl, it sometimes takes a little while for the pic to get approved but then you can use it on the forum and stuff.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2012 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
1. You can't do transparent backgrounds with paint. I use Gimp, which is free.

I still hate MS for removing MS Photo Editor from their OS. It was an easy way to add the transparency when you were messing around with MSPaint icons.
Elliott_the_Lame

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2012 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahh. I see what you mean about hosting it here on the Fumbbl site. I made sure to hit "Do Not Resize" when uploading the files, but I suppose it's all for the best, thanks to your answers. I'll give Gimp a shot.

Thanks.
 Jump to: