28 coaches online • Server time: 13:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should Red Rover fire their thrower?
Yes, he's a bloated mess, and you are dumb for not listening.
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
No, he's one of only 3 players you have with STR3 and block. He's useful, so try to work him in more often.
80%
 80%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 10

Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2012 - 07:00 Reply with quote Back to top

So, Red Rover (http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=717322) is coming along nicely, despite losing a couple of stars along the way. Unfortunatly, I'm finding that I am not using my thrower much, and he's costing me a relative arm and a leg, as much as my star gutter runners.

I've been holding steady in the 1500-1700 tv range, without any thought for TV bloat, but now that a couple of my stars have been replaced with rookies, that thrower is looking more and more like a bit of a white elephant. I was told by many people not to use a thrower at all, and now I am seeing why.

So what will it be folks? Put Allen out to pasture or try to find a good use for him?
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2012 - 07:13
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

With those skills hes as good at retrieving the ball as a gutter runner. With the added advantage that you can keep him in your half on there drive as a sweeper/sacker.

Your tv is not insane yet i would keep him.

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2012 - 07:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep him... means you can have 3 GR's downfield and 1 in short range for a hand off if the throw isn't open... and yes, he's handy on defence!
Reisender

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2012 - 09:57 Reply with quote Back to top

keep him. throwers with a mutation or a stat increase = good (debatable on +ma), otherwise not so good. btw i would always go with block first on a thrower.you may roll +ag or +st next and then you would regret accurate.
 Jump to: