41 coaches online • Server time: 14:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you join a NCAA-themed League?
Yes, yes I would.
42%
 42%  [ 190 ]
No, I doubt it.
11%
 11%  [ 50 ]
I don't know what the NCAA is.
26%
 26%  [ 118 ]
I don't join leagues.
2%
 2%  [ 13 ]
I dropped the soap.
4%
 4%  [ 21 ]
Pie!
11%
 11%  [ 49 ]
Other?
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 445

ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2012 - 03:41 Reply with quote Back to top

cudos smeat enjoy the write-up
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2012 - 06:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Geez... don't go to UCon to learn to spell...

It's "Koodose" with a 'K'...

... dimtwit...
SavageJ

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2012 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Did I miss the Season 14 CBBS All-Americans or are we still waiting for the announcement?
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2012 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess I haven't gotten around to it; I'll have it done by monday night

Don't drop the soap.
Apojar

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2013 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

SOON TO ARRIVE: The much talked-about (and ironically, never fully completed last season) NBFL draft analysis/preview!!! (that is, when the list becomes "official" and I'm made privy as to how it will happen this season!)

Stay tuned!
Apo
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2013 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

College GamePlay
Built by the Gnome Depot

Chris Fouler: Welcome to the College GamePlay show, where we review and preview all of the recent National College Blood Bowl action! The NCBB has recently started its 15th season, as week three is now upon us. Thus we have two weeks of action to go over, so let me introduce my partners, former Cal blocker Anthony Killer and current NC State quarterback Tyler Brosius. We're already having a great season, aren't we fellas?

Anthony Killer: Ssso far ssso good, Chrisss.

Tyler Brosius: Well, for some teams anyways.

Fouler: Indeed, Tyler. Just look at the very different stories of last season's championship game participants: Air Force, the defending champs, are 2-0-0 while Nevada are winless right now. And things won't get any easier for the young Wolfpack with Oregon and the BlackKnights coming up on their schedule.

Killer: They're rebuilding a good portion of their team and it certainly ssshowsss on the field.

Brosius: Fortunately for Nevada, no one from the Big Beast conference has managed to win a game this year. Both California and the BlackKnights have tied both of their contests, while Ohio State has tied one and dropped one.

Fouler: Meanwhile the aforementioned champion Air Force Baal Kin are unbeaten and currently have the most BCS points in the nation. However they have tough games against Vampirebilt and Missouri coming up.

Killer: Both Vandy and Mizzou play in the Sssmack 4 conference, which isss arguably the most balanced in the nation. They are joined by Navy and UCon, and all four teamsss have acquired BCS pointsss to begin the ssseason.

Brosius: Which is the opposite of the Fumbbl Bowl Conference, or FBC. Rivals Oregon and Oregon State are both unbeaten and one of the two could be knocked out of the championship picture in week four when they play each other. They haven't gotten any competition from their conference foes HSU and Tennessee, both being winless so far on the year.

Fouler: Is there another game that you guys are really looking forward to over the next two weeks?

Brosius: Outside of the games we mentioned earlier, I think the Hawaii vs Vandy game should be excellent.

Killer: Likewise, the BlackKnightsss vs Nevada game ssshould be entertaining no matter the recordsss, sssince it isss a rivalry game.

Fouler: And as we all know, anything can happen in those games. Before we go, we'd like to give a shout-out to the Non-AQ teams, with special mention to Colorado and Santz Cruz for being unbeaten so far. Thanks for joining us here at College GamePlay, built by the Gnome Depot. Be sure to tune in two weeks from now when we catch up on all the recent NCBB action!

Don't drop the soap.
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2013 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

CBBS Special Report: Season 14 All-Americans

A few years ago we unveiled the first ever All-American list of the top 12-16 players in the NCBB from season 8, split between offense, defense, and special teams. Fitz was even awesome enough to make a logo to go in these player's bios. So with another season complete, it's time once again to identify the best players in the league and put them on a 'super team,' aka the All-American team. Enjoy!

Offense:
-Rob Bolden, Pain Statement.
-Michael "Jedward" Hudson, BlackKnights.
-Jordan Poyer, Oregon State.
-Carl Gettis II, Missouri.
-David Graves, Hawaii.

Defense:
-Kyle "Hammer" Gronski, Fresno State.
-Mustafa Jalil, California.
-Na'il Diggs, Ohio State.
-Hulk Hagen II, Nevada.
-Curtis Dukes, Pain Statement.

Special Teams:
-Yanice Derrick, Missouri.
-Julian "another Rocket" Crockett, BlackKnights.

For those coaches who were lucky enough to have a player on this list, please put this image into their bio for all to see:

https://fumbbl.com/teams/321822.jpg

Don't drop the soap.
WardenUSA

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2013 - 05:48 Reply with quote Back to top

They should talk about the #1 team! The Colorado Buff-a-Elfs!
Smeat

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2013 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

You're right! They, the Colorado Buff-a-Elfs, should talk about the #1 Team - the Texas S&M Aggroes! (It's a complex ranking system.) Cool

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2013 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Bill Plaschke with the Denver Post-Life here taking a look at the NCBB specifically the Resurgence of the SCC.

The Southern Chaos conference was brought back to the NCBB last season with Arizona, HSU, Fresno, Ole Miss, and Bumbbl U. These 5 schools were collectively the worst Division in College football last season, with only Arizona coming close to a legitimate bowl game. HSU and Bumbbl U were scheduled for the Mcnurgle bowl for the worst team in the NCBB, but the game never happened.

With the new season approaching Maxellus Plagues was brought in by the SCC Board of Directors as the new SCC commissioner. Within days of being Hired Plagues made multiple changes to improve the Conference.

Maxellus Plagues on the conference, “The SCC was the laughing stock of the NCBB this is unacceptable for our fans and the members of the SCC school’s.”

The major changes implemented have made an immediate impact, dropping Ole Miss and Bumbbl U from the conference outright. Hawaii was brought in to feud with Fresno in a trade that saw them exchanged for HSU, but the biggest bomb shell of the offseason was the defection of Air Force from the Big Beast to the SCC.

Last Season’s National Champs brought immediate legitimacy to the conference. If you add them with the Developing Offenses of Arizona and Hawaii and the Hard nose Defense in Fresno you have a well balanced conference that has proved to be a great improvement over last season.

Conference Standing

1. Air force 4-0-0

Air force is a perfect 4-0-0 and looks every bit of the juggernaut that they were last season and a legitimate contender to repeat as National Champs

2. Arizona 2-1-1

Arizona was the SCC only real shot for a bowl game last season and looks to have a shot to do it this season. Their only loss coming in a tough game to Fresno

3. Hawaii 2-0-2

Hawaii has had a decent start to the season, but was out balled by Oregon and Mizzou. Hawaii needs to tighten up their D vs the other balers in the league, but Looks to be a legitimate contender for a bowl

4. Fresno 1-2-1

Fresno has had an ok start to the season and if not for a 1TTD by two time offensive player of the year, Poyer (Oregon State) Fresno would sit at 1-3-0. Tough game this week vs Air force.
Loraxwolfsbane

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2013 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I was walking out to my car with my head hung low after my team lost another match in the Non-AQ division when I saw a note book laying on the ground. I walked over and picked it up, and looked inside and it was from an unnamed scout.

My curiosity was peeked, so I flipped to the last entry in the journal. At the top of the page it read, “Notre Dame vs CSM”. I then noticed, circled in the middle was the name Cody Renkin.

Instantly the memories of this game flooded back to me as I recalled what he did to me this fateful day.

Cody had a brilliant match. I don't even think most people will remember the TD he scored to take the lead, but it will be his defensive play that will remembered for seasons to come.

It was half way through the second half. Notre Dame had their backs against the wall, was finally able to push their weight around and bust through the line. The one they call ‘Bruiser’ sprinted forward, with only the goal line in his sights. While the two lrish stars were behind him, holding CSM off.

This did not scare Cody bit. Matt brown mustard up all he could to improbably knock over the bloodthirsty Justin Truck over to clear the way for Cody. Cody was barely able to slip away from the grasp of the rookie linemen. Slipping and sliding on a snowy pitch, he sprinted towards the bigger, and more hard headed running back to make the game saving tackle.

From that point on the Irish seem to lose all confidence in themselves. They struggled to perform even the simplest of tasks, sealing their fate, and the match for the Gold Diggers.

(Possible play of the year candidate? I think so.)
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2013 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

The RFAdvantage Rankings
RFA rankings are here, and we know some guys on your teams have literally died to see them!

The RFAdavantage . The MOST accurate team ranker by week!

1. AF 6-0-0 (.958) Preseason rank #1
~ The BaalKins are making a bid to be sent back to the BCS bowl game and look like they plan to be the first team to ever take back to back NCBB titles. With Navy next week, we expect to see them at 7-0-0.
+7 TD +9 casualties (+16 net) #23 Navy next week

2. Oregon Waterfoul 4-0-2 (.746) Preseason rank #10
~ The Ducks likely are surprised to see themselves in 2nd right now with two losses already in the season. They have put together a solid season and while vulnerable to the bash game squeeze themselves into the drivers spot for a bid to the big game, and could really solidify their cause with this weeks match vs Cali.
+3 TD -5 casualties (-2 net) #4 Cali next week (RFA Projected Match of the week, don't miss this one)

3. Oregon State 3-2-1 (.743) Preseason rank #7
~ OState is likely fuming at being snubbed for the second seed, having already beaten Oregon just a couple weeks ago. However their inability to close out matches is a definite concern for this team. All indicators point to another projected tie this upcoming week vs Clemson.
+3 TD +3casualties(+6 net) #11 Clemson next week

4. Cali 3-2-1 (.732) Preseason rank #11
~ Right now the Golden Lizards are wishing for their O.O.C matches back. A single win in either of those two matches would lock up the second seeding for them. They have a chance to set things right when they play #2 Oregon this week.
+0 TD +3 casualties (+3 net) #2 Cali next week

5. U.Con. 2-3-1 (.698) Preseason rank #6
~ U.Con. when asked will be stunned to find themselves in the top teams of the NCBB. They have only 2 wins under their belt, and don't seem to be a squad that will make any big waves this season. U.Con. had been as low as #18 in the early week RFA projections.
+1 TD +9 casualties (+10 net) #17 Vampy next

6. Missou 3-1-2 (.694) Preseason rank #5
~ Missou has had a long standing hatred of the RFA, and will likely see themselves as underappreciated again. But in the opinion of the RFA they are lucky to be rated in the top echelons of NCBB teams this year. They don't have their old fire, and other teams just aren't afraid of their high powered offense as they once were for a reason. We did have them as high as a projected #2 in the early weeks.
+3 TD -7 casualties (-4 net) #10 AZ next week (2nd best game of the week to watch)

7. BK 2-3-1 (.655) Preseason rank #4
~ The Knights are holding together but just barely. There are some talks about cutting their futball program in the coming future. We had projected BK as low as #20 earlier in this season.
+4 TD -2 casualties (+2 net) #25 HSU next week

8. Hawaii 3-0-3 (.645) Preseason rank #2
~ Hawaii has the skills, but cant seem to catch the breaks. They are both fortunate and cursed to be running a neutral record, But their hopes of a top-tier bowl game are just about finished.
+3 TD +1 casualties. (+4 net) #16 Fresno next week

9 Colorado 4-1-1 (.638) Preseason rank #unranked
~ Buffalo’s the top of the non-AQ teams, they could hope for an orange bowl appearance if the situation is right and they run out their schedule but first they have to face off with their top competitor in the non-AQ, CSM.
+3 TD -2 casualties (+1 net) #12 CSM next week

10. AZ GGW 2-2-2 (.631) Preseason rank #13
~ The girls do everything so far this season. With 2 wins, losses, and ties, you know they are hoping to find a few more wins and improve their bowl standings.
+0 TD +6 casualties (-6 net) #6 Missou next week

11. Clemson 1-1-1 (.616) Preseason rank NA
~ Clemson jumped into the season after missing three matches. They are running an even record and are in the middle of the pack.
+0 TD +8 casualties (+8 net) #3 OState next week

12. CSM 3-2-1 (.613) Preseason rank #unranked
~ The Gore Diggers haven't lost a match since week one, and are out to prove themselves next week vs the best team in the non-AQ
+2 TD -1 casualties(+1 net) #9 Col next week

13. Kent 3-2-1 (.609) Preseason rank #unranked
~ The Staches are quietly making a bid to be the best non-AQ team in the nation. With only one loss they too are in quick strike distance of a decent bowl game bid.
+4 TD -2 casualties (+2 net) #22 Nippon next week

14. UCLA 2-3-1 (.596) Preseason rank #unranked
~ The bruisers only have one loss but only 2 wins to go along with it. They have the potential to go bowling, they also could end up with a losing record at this point in the season. They do live up to their name, carrying the 2nd best cas differential in the NCBB.
+0 TD +13 casualties (+13 net) #19 Florida next week

15. Fresno 1-3-2 (.584) Preseason rank #14
~ Fresno is having a tough time figuring out the NCBB, they can't put together any wins and are being outbashed. They still have time to qualify for a low level bowl game this season however. They are the highest ranked team without a positive td or casualty differential.
+0 TD -1 casualties (-1 net) #3 KS next week

16. Vampy 1-3-2 (.572) Preseason rank #12
~ Boy do these guys SUCK. HAHAHAHAHAHA, I love that one. But as usual, these guys are always dangerous, and can put a win up against any team in the nation on a good night.
+2 TD -3 casualties (-1 net) #5 UCon next week

17. Nevada 2-1-3 (.571) Preseason rank #3
~ We know the wolfpack was hoping to have a shot at the title this season, but they are in dangerous territory, risking missing out on the bowl games alltogether.
-3 TD -3casualties (+0 net) #20 Ohio next week

18. Santa Cruz 3-1-2 (.567) Preseason rank #unranked
~ The slugs are currently bowl eligible however they will likely be overlooked if they can't tack on a couple more wins before the end of the season.
+2 TD -7 casualties (-5 net) #24 Texas next week

19. Florida 1-2-0 (.561) Preseason rank #unranked
~ While Florida hasn't lost a match yet, their late start to the season really hinders them. Of course winning their last three matches will change that.
+1 TD +8 casualties (+9 net) #14 UCLA next week

20. Ohio 1-2-3 (.538) Preseason rank #9
~ A once proud program, fallen upon hard times. Will they be able to rise from the, well we wont talk about what they are laying it, and reclaim the glory of the past like Oregon, or will their Gogre heritage shine through and drag them further down?
-2 TD +1 casualties (-1 net) #17 Nevada next week

21. Notre Dame 1-3-2 (.501) Preseason rank #unranked
~ While an improvement over previous ND franchises in the NCBB, we are sure this is not the glorious resurgence they imagined. This is the most brutal team in the NCBB.
+0 TD +18 casualties (+18 net) # 26 South Florida next week

22. Nippon 1-3-2 (.472) Preseason rank #unranked
~ A less than stellar start for the Triumphant Lions, it will take a lot more wins to live up to a name like that.
+0 TD -14 casualties (-14 net) # 26 South Florida next week

23. Navy 1-1-4 (.460) Preseason rank #16
~ While it is good to see the return of Navy to the NCBB, one can only hope they remember how to play the game by seasons end. Is there any chance they can stun the nation and push AF to their limits with a tie or MORE?
-7 TD -9 casualties (-16 net) #1 AF next week

24. Texas 1-2-3 (.443) Preseason rank #unranked
~ The aggroes are doing just enough to avoid the McNurgle's Bowl, but they are playing a dangerous game, and one they don't want to find out the possible ramifications should they lose. The aggroes carry the leagues worst cas/td combined differential.
-3 TD -15 casualties (-18 net) #20 Minni next week

25. HSU 1-0-5 (.416) Preseason rank #20
~ The Jacks are lucky that one AQ win is enough to keep them out of last place. It gives them hope of a few wins to avoid the McNurgle's still.
-4 TD +2 casualties (-2 net) #7 BK next week

26. South Florida 1-1-4 (.418) Preseason rank #unranked
~ The cockroaches have a lot on their hands just to avoid the McNurgle's Bowl this season. It will require a full team effort, but they have yet to show the ability to do it this season.
-4 TD +2 casualties (-2 net) #21 ND next week

Rocketing up in the standings this week:

Dropping like a stone this week:

*edited: mistyped South Florida as Texas, ask jeffro or ex-convict how i could possibly do this

Last edited by ryanfitz on Feb 07, 2013 - 05:19; edited 5 times in total
MrNomad

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2013 - 04:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Clemson plans to break into at least the top 8 by the end of the season and hopefully go to a decent bowl. Smile
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2013 - 05:28 Reply with quote Back to top

The Drunkguys plan to finish the Century Club of beer bongs and still have enough book money left for "40oz Sunday"
Garnak

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2013 - 06:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice debut ranking for Florida! (If I do say so myself, and I do!) Wink
 Jump to: