43 coaches online • Server time: 17:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
dode74

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2011 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Might be worth putting the margins of error on those win%s as they are pretty small samples. The dwarves are +/- about 12%
happygrue

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2012 - 02:05 Reply with quote Back to top

So I looked at these and pretty quickly ignored them when they came out because I get tired of "rules should be this or that" arguments. But recently I decided that I should give them a try before writing them off, and since several leagues are using some/all of them now it wasn't hard to find a place to do so.

So far I have not seen any bugs but given how obscure bugs can be sometimes I wouldn't rule it out yet. However, I can say that after a short time playing in a league using all of the rules and another playing in a league that uses some of them I am a big fan! Talking to other coaches (very much a convenience sample, I know) who have used them I get a generally favorable reaction to most of the rules as well.

Surely the PO nerf is the one that some people are going to hate and that is the one that I have seen the least of so far but I think it's a great step in the right direction.

I would love to see more leagues start testing these out! I can't say that they are a magic bullet, but I would much rather play with them than without them.

If feedback from other players testing them in [L] continues to be positive I would love to see a "box academy" using these rules. I like the box now, but I would stop playing in a heartbeat and switch to a box that had these rules because I really enjoy playing a wide variety of races and I think that these give a fighting chance to a much wider array of races while at the same time (possibly?) toning down arms race that happens with PO at higher TV.

Thanks Kalimar!

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2013 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I second the problem regarding the options not working when you start the Tourny, even if you make sure you ticked the boxes before beginning.

As is my understanding you can't make any changes once everything is started up, so my Gobbo/Underworld teams and a friend's Halfling teams are going to have to brave 2 Dwarf Teams and a Chaos Dwarf team with no help whatsoever!

PS, also sorry for dragging up old post but I've been trying to find out why my options aren't working and this was the only related post I could find.

If someone can give me advice on how to make sure options work in future that would be cool!
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2013 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

isn't HUBBA also using all the optional rules? Seemed to be a pretty active league

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2013 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, HUBBA uses all of those optional rules as stated on it's page : http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=7734
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2013 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Make sure that you check them. Set them again if necessary.

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2013 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Make sure that you check them. Set them again if necessary.

Yup this is the problem, sometimes they become unchecked if you do something in a certain order when setting up the league pages (sorry its vague, but i forget how this happened) but editing the league once it is set up and activating the options again works

I think they may become unchecked if you set the league options first then set the scoring up 2nd, that could be it hmmmmmm

and yeah for those interested the 2 hubba leagues use these rules and i think there are 2 spots going to be available within a month. Smile
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2013 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

I think they may become unchecked if you set the league options first then set the scoring up 2nd, that could be it hmmmmmm

Ah. That could be it.

Jump to: